/* */

PDA

View Full Version : reciting surat fatiha incorrectly???

anonymous
11-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Salaam

Ive just realized that i may have been reciting surat fatiha incorrectly during salah
for eg in the lines -

eh di nas-siraa tal mustaqeem
seraa tala zena

i have realized that i may have been prolonging the raa a bit too long - does this change the meaning - have my prays been invalid

so basically i have been reading it like eh di nas-siraaaa tal mustaqeem, seraaaa tala zena

I never meant to do this intentionally - its really stressing me out now

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
11-19-2010, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Salaam

Ive just realized that i may have been reciting surat fatiha incorrectly during salah
for eg in the lines -

eh di nas-siraa tal mustaqeem
seraa tala zena

i have realized that i may have been prolonging the raa a bit too long - does this change the meaning - have my prays been invalid

so basically i have been reading it like eh di nas-siraaaa tal mustaqeem, seraaaa tala zena

I never meant to do this intentionally - its really stressing me out now
Walaikuma salam

This is how u can recite al-fatiha:

Bismillahir Rahmanir-Raheem
Al-Hamdu Lil-lahi Rabbil-'Alameen
Ar-Rahmanir-Raheem
Maliki Yawmid-Deen
'Iyaka Na'budu Wa' Iyaka Nasta'een
Ihdinas-Siratal-Musta-qeem
Siratal-Ladheena 'An'amta 'Alay-him
Ghayril-Maghdhoubi 'Alay-him Wa La-dhaalleen
Ameen

You can also visit this site: http://www.mounthira.com/learning/surah/001-al-fatihah/

It'll help u memorize al-fatiha through reading n listening at the same time...
Dont stress urself out Insha'Allah u'll master it in no time: )

tango92
11-20-2010, 05:48 AM
i think its fine, ive heard a local imam recite in that exact manner for some time now. but strictly speaking it isnt inline with the proper pronounciation and you should try to correct it soon IA

Amat Allah
11-20-2010, 08:01 AM
instead of seraaaat let it be seraat in shaa Allah and no your salat is not invalid in shaa Allah; because you didn`t know and you are still learning, May Allah love you be pleased with you and help you to worship him right always and forever and make you from those who will enter the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

take care...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!