/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oldest Photos of Makkah

$tranger
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Earliest Photos of Makkah from over 100 years ago (incl. Quran recitation from 1885)

imsad looks so awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gemPqyiKt00

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-20-2010, 01:06 PM
:sl:
talk about old is gold.

how did they get a recitation from 1885? were voice recorders in existence back then?

$tranger
11-20-2010, 09:40 PM
talk about old is gold.
they should scrap all their 'modern' extensions and go back to the olden :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by Ummu Sufyaan
how did they get a recitation from 1885? were voice recorders in existence back then?
must have been how flying-self driving cars are to us what voice recording was to them back then? :-\

Yanal
11-20-2010, 11:55 PM
:sl:

Wow,masha'Allaah,alhumdulilah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zafran
11-21-2010, 02:27 AM
salaam

awsome

peace

جوري
11-22-2010, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahm@d
they should scrap all their 'modern' extensions and go back to the olden
They couldn't accommodate all the Muslims if they scrap the modernity -- simplicity is nice I utterly agree, but how many pilgrims from all over go there now yearly? al7mdlillah that they have expended it and made all kinds of accommodations for people to fulfill their last religious rite -- When pilgrimage is in the summer time with all those millions of pilgrims it would be extremely difficult if they didn't have the modern trends.. and as much as I hate to see them put big patio like umbrellas imagine how many elderly and handicapped or simply those with any kind of physical impairment would suffer and be trampled on or die of heat strokes etc. ..

[IMG]http://api.ning.com/files/9j6UNbaK8OI0MaW-xaTvD0a9TcHJBrTZajWWycGsSC7SUG-Kh0Dr6xh6jj6CuHbAzpLF*p6xyNhsQ7h3qYRqyfyHff9CWBV-/Hajj2010Jamarat.jpg[/IMG]

masha'Allah millions upon millions as far as the eye can see, the ambulance can't even get through..
my grandmother was never able to make a pilgrimage due to congestive heart failure she was only able to make umra with grave difficulty, I think if things weren't as facilitative as they are even umra would have been difficult for her to make.. may Allah swt yer7mha and accept her into paradise along with all the Muslims ameen

:w:

tango92
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
perhaps the modern developments make people more confident of performing umrah/hajj later in life and so they delay it?

i guess it has its bad points aswell. its like the steps they put on jable noor. now old ladies are climbing the mountain and any old tourist who wants to "sight see", making it difficult to get in the cave at all. i even saw a teenage boy there wearing, what i recall to be, jogging bottoms. as if he was there for a fitness run. lol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!