/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Indonesia maid 'killed in Saudi Arabia'

GuestFellow
11-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Indonesia has demanded an inquiry into reports that a maid working in Saudi Arabia was killed by her employers and her body dumped on a roadside.

:sl:

I wonder why some Saudis mistreat their employees?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Banu_Hashim
11-20-2010, 04:56 PM
Because they see themselves as a superior race - astaaghfiruAllaah!

May Allah protect us from this, Ameen..

GuestFellow
11-20-2010, 09:35 PM
^ Yes but how did Saudi Arabia end up like this? I know there is racism in Saudi Arabia and this is directed at servants, manual workers and ethnic minorities, but when did this start? It makes me think what kind of Islamic education do these people receive.

Perseveranze
11-20-2010, 09:57 PM
Man... thats the holliest lands in the world, these "leaders" are in charge off. Disappointing... May they be guided into perserving and following the true way of Islam which Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) went through much suffering to teach people within that very same land they rule over.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
11-20-2010, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
^ Yes but how did Saudi Arabia end up like this? I know there is racism in Saudi Arabia and this is directed at servants, manual workers and ethnic minorities, but when did this start? It makes me think what kind of Islamic education do these people receive.
It began with the conquest of the old Arabian Nations like Hijaz and Nejd by the Saud Family and resulting in the KSA in 1927.

The discovery of oil in 1938 began the era of instant wealth when the oil was finally sold in the 1950s it ended the need for any Saudi national to work. Instant wealth for the entire population. With no Saudi nationals needing to work this resulted in massive importing of foreign labor, which could not become citizens. these workers soon became thought of as property and not valued employees.

End of story, wealth results in Arrogance and a feeling of superiority. Oil has proven to be a curse upon the Arabic people living on the Arabian Peninsula. a life of leisure brings contempt for those who must work. This contempt is going to have to be explained when those who embraced it, face the judgment of Allaah(swt)

S.Belle
11-20-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
I wonder why some Saudis mistreat their employees

i was wondering the same there was a story a while back about this phillipino woman who was raped by her employer in saudi arabia. And how she became preganant and left the baby at an airport on her way back to her home bc she had a husband and kids and felt ashamed. I never would have thought that something like this would happen in such a place but I guess there are bad people everywhere....I'm just a bit disappointed that it would happen there and the fact that the man is muslim...

aadil77
11-20-2010, 10:22 PM
If the proper khilafah was still around, every muslim or non-muslim would get true justice. The only reason the saudi govt will look into the case is because of pressure from another nation

Perseveranze
11-20-2010, 10:59 PM
"Beware on the Day of Judgement; I shall myself be complainant against him who wrongs a Non-Muslim citizen of a Muslim state or lays on him a responsibility greater than he can bear or deprives him of anything that belongs to him." (Al-Mawardi)

And that's regarding non-muslims, I'm sure it would be worst for doing injustice to any Muslim.

أبو سليمان عمر
11-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Asalamu alaykum

Subhan Allah how a country can be talked about because a few people reminds me of how the people see islam and we are doing the same thing here

Woodrow
11-20-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umar^111
Asalamu alaykum

Subhan Allah how a country can be talked about because a few people reminds me of how the people see islam and we are doing the same thing here
Jazakallahu Khayran Akhi for the reminder. Before any of us do any more backbiting, (Myself included)

:threadclo:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!