/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my business idea =)

gladTidings
11-20-2010, 08:46 PM
:sl:

I have discovered a niche in my area and I am hoping to open a boutique with support and resources from family inshAllah. Currently, we are clearing out the property we hope to convert into the boutique before we start working on any plumbing and electrical work that needs to be done. In the mean time we are also enquiring about permission to open the boutique and looking into legal requirements. Since starting up a business is new to me, I would appreciate any sort of advice whether its legal, Islamic or general.

At the moment, I am working full time and have other lessons during the week, so I have limited time to develop my ideas but I am fully committed to making it a reality. I have been through some of the advice on http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/home which was quite useful. Any other ambitious enterpreneurs on the board??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-20-2010, 09:43 PM
In the USA you can get considerable free assistance from the SBA (Small Business Association) Pamphlets covering every phase of starting a business, Personal help from volunteer retired Business professionals, help with grant applications, help with writing workable business plans.

Every large US city has an office. You can also get almost everything needed on line. A good place to start is with the Business planner:

http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html

tigerkhan
11-21-2010, 10:01 AM
:sl:
since its ur first time to enter in business, u will learn alot by daily experiences. anyway what i suggest is "more powerful and effective is ur marketing, more u r successful in ur business. 2ndly ur start should be bit appealing/attracting to ppl. so dont be hurry in opening. think and plan wisely b4 u start. its like ppl say that "first impression is last impression", same u apply to ur business. ur start should have a attractive impression.

gladTidings
11-21-2010, 10:26 AM
JazakAllah Khair for the replies.

Br. Woodrow, thank you for the link. I am working on a business plan inshAllah. I havent really looked at external funding. JazakAllah Khair for shedding light on that. I will look up what is available in the UK.

Br. tigerkhan, thank you for the points. Theres definately alot of planning that needs to be done and no real deadline so I can work at a realistic pace. I love marketing and have a creative side that needs unleashing so I cannot wait until we reach that point in this project inshAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rafeeq
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
So, best of luc, Sis.

Adem Al-Albani
11-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Aaaah, I love when Muslims start their own businesses.

All Muslims should do this, stop being suckers and working for the Kuffar.

May Allah bless all of us with the ability to start our own.

Sister, may Allah make it easy for you.

Have a Grand Opening day, where every customer gets to pick 1 thing free, whatever it is, no matter the price. You want it...it's yours. Win the hearts of the people over.

syilla
11-23-2010, 07:13 AM
May Allah make it easy on you and grant you success in your business... and May Allah blessed it always :)

Just remember to market it sis...always always do marketing :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!