/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Laptop problem

GuestFellow
11-21-2010, 01:20 PM
:sl:

My laptop is about 5 years old. :skeleton:

It has been working fine for the past 5 years. Recently, it has bee turning off by itself. This happens when I am watching a video. Also my laptop now does not work without my recharger. If I take my recharger off, it will take shut down by itself in 2 minutes.

I haven't got money to buy a new one.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
11-21-2010, 01:30 PM
about the pbm of charging, the battery might be expired in 5 years, its no pbm u should chnage the battery. in paksitan the price is about 3-5k. and shutting down pbm, reinstall window. maybe its work. which company laptop u have, and what is model no.

aadil77
11-21-2010, 01:56 PM
your battery life is probly finished, it happens when you leave the thing on charge all the time

GuestFellow
11-21-2010, 01:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
about the pbm of charging, the battery might be expired in 5 years, its no pbm u should chnage the battery. in paksitan the price is about 3-5k. and shutting down pbm, reinstall window. maybe its work. which company laptop u have, and what is model no.
Its Advent...all I have to do is change the battery?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
11-21-2010, 02:12 PM
It has been working fine for the past 5 years. Recently, it has bee turning off by itself. This happens when I am watching a video.
Might be overheating.

It might be that your comp's fan has accumulated a lot of dirt that stops it from spinning properly so that your CPU temperature stays hot.

If you can find where the fan is located and if your laptop gives you easy access to it, clean out the fan with something if it really is dirty.

Format + reinstall windows would make it run better too.

GuestFellow
11-21-2010, 02:16 PM
^ No, I'm certain it is not overheating.

Adem Al-Albani
11-21-2010, 02:32 PM
If you can afford it, at least get a new battery, inshaaAllah

Try to make sure all the proper updates are installed. Also, make sure your anti-virus scanner is up-to-date.

Try running the disk defragmenter on your laptop, it'll take a long while so just be patient.

Woodrow
11-21-2010, 02:47 PM
If you are running Vista as your OS. It may bethe result of recent updates to Java, Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash. Mine did the same thing and I restored it to a previous date before those up dates were done and it is now working fine. Try a system restore to a date before your last updates were done. If that doesn't fix it, most probably it is the battery.

Vista is an ornery critter and does not play nice with any additions or upgrades.

Alpha Dude
11-21-2010, 03:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
^ No, I'm certain it is not overheating.
Watching videos can be intensive hence the chance of overheating. Used to happen on mine.

If that's not it, make sure your video drivers are uncorrupted/up to date?

GuestFellow
11-21-2010, 04:29 PM
I think I got the video thing sorted. I upgraded my flash player, watched a video and the laptop did not shut down . This calls for a celebration *throws confetti*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!