/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You're a CLUTCH!

Beardo
11-22-2010, 03:38 PM
It sounds like a bad word. Someone told me I'm a clutch, but they said it with a smiley emoticon so I got a mixed message...

What does it mean?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yanal
11-22-2010, 03:45 PM
:sl:

It depends on how it was used(I.E. In a sport you can be a clutch.).

IAmZamzam
11-22-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't quote Urban Dictionary directly because the language they use would violate the board rules, but I hope I'm at least allowed to link to them. I suspect that whoever it was used the term in sense #13.

It might help if we heard the context.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-22-2010, 05:29 PM
As far as i am aware a "Clutch" is a pedal in a car. :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
In what context was it used?
I've never heard the term used as a means of describing another person, but here is what I found:

adjective
- great; "awesome"; "cool".
Andy: Clutch [ice]cream run, bro.
-- "Nepotism", The Office (TV, 2010), Season 7 Episode 1

See more words meaning: good, okay, cool, awesome, fun
by steph, WI, USA, Feb 16 2000 (Edit definition)

- helpful during a difficult situation or period of time. Something that "came through in the clutch", that is, came through in a difficult or trying time.
That money you sent me was clutch.

See more words meaning: helpful
by Brooklyn, New York, NY, USA, Dec 11 2002 (Edit definition)
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/clutch

GuestFellow
11-22-2010, 05:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by мυѕℓιмαн 4 ℓιfє
As far as i am aware a "Clutch" is a pedal in a car. :-\
That is what I thought...

IAmZamzam
11-22-2010, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
In what context was it used?
I've never heard the term used as a means of describing another person, but here is what I found:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/clutch
What was reportedly said is not that he was clutch (adjective) but that he was a clutch (noun).

S.Belle
11-22-2010, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
What was reportedly said is not that he was clutch (adjective) but that he was a clutch (noun).

sometimes ppl use words out of context....it makes more sense for it to be something good bc he said they but a smiley face after it
if it was the definition you found (which was rather rude) wouldnt make sense for them to say that and then put a smiley face after it unless it was an angry smiley

IAmZamzam
11-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Oh, I've seen people troll with smiley faces a lot. Nevertheless, we should reserve final judgment until we hear the context.

Woodrow
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
I was assuming it was a bad pronunciation of Klutz, which is a word from my era and is used to describe a very clumsy person. Such as: "That klutz can't play basketball, he trips over the lines painted on the floor"

Now that would describe the Rashad we all love, but get scared of when ever he tries to fix anything.

glo
11-22-2010, 07:12 PM
So, the word could mean that Rashad is helpful or clumsy ... and the smiley could mean that it was meant in a friendly way or that the poster was trolling.
We are not very good in helping Rashad with his question, are we? :D

Perhaps the easiest thing would be to ask the person who wrote it for clarification about what they meant by it.

GuestFellow
11-22-2010, 07:18 PM
Rashad just ignore him. Send him a virus if he continues to bother you.

Hayaa
11-22-2010, 07:23 PM

:D ?

Tilmeez
11-22-2010, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
Send him a virus if he continues to bother you.
and in return he will send you a bigger virus and you put that virus on LI....

I'm sorry professor I did not take you for such a cheap.

:threadclo

Edit:

Forgot to press the RED button :D

أحمد
11-22-2010, 07:38 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
and in return he will send you a bigger virus and you put that virus on LI....

I'm sorry professor I did not take you for such a cheap.

:threadclo

Edit:

Forgot to press the RED button :D
You forgot to close the thread.

:wa:

CosmicPathos
11-22-2010, 07:39 PM
tilmeez is a clutch ... NOT

أحمد
11-22-2010, 07:48 PM

"Clutch" was used in older slang; to describe a pesky character.

:wa:

S.Belle
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa

:D ?
omg thats a really cute clutch what site did you get that pic off?

Rashad just ask the person what they meant by it

Alpha Dude
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Rashad just ask the person what they meant by it
This.

The kind of threads Rashad comes out with.. :skeleton:

I wouldn't be surprised if his next question will be: 'I bought a cardigan, tell me which arm I have to put in to which sleeve first'.

You invite people to cyber bully you. Just so you know. :D

PouringRain
11-22-2010, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I was assuming it was a bad pronunciation of Klutz, which is a word from my era and is used to describe a very clumsy person. Such as: "That klutz can't play basketball, he trips over the lines painted on the floor"

That is what I thought. ;D I was thinking...... either the person meant klutz or else it's a new slag word I have never heard before in my life. Which could be the case. LOL I am far from knowledgeable on slang. ;D

~Raindrop~
11-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Interesting poll options.

You spelt 'definitely' wrong. :><:

Samiun
11-23-2010, 02:46 AM
:sl: Based on my experience as a gamer, clutch is handling difficult situations. Let's say... you play a game of paintball. Your friends lost, and you're left alone to finish off 5 more players. With a skillful play, you manage to take out all 5 of the other players and win the round.

To sum it all, clutch is: Winning the round when the odds are stacked against you. The more the odds are stacked against the player or the more important the round win, the bigger the clutch.

Yanal
11-23-2010, 05:34 AM

Was the discussion sports related?

syilla
11-23-2010, 07:17 AM
salams...for my own translation i think clutch means rigid hiks

Yanal
11-23-2010, 07:20 AM

just thought of this,why not ask the person who called you it?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!