/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Height

endz
11-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Salam alaikum

Have you, or someone you know, ever prayed to Allah to increase their height, and it was given to them?

Note: I don't mean someone with tall parents who becomes tall, but a situation where everyone in that person's background is very short, but after making dua, he/she becomes taller. A situation that seems miraculous.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-23-2010, 04:34 AM
Salaam

if an adult , short person asks for a miracle like becoming tall overnight , I don't think that takes place , at least I have not heard of any such miracle.

One must try to increse his/her faith instead of too much thinking of height.

PouringRain
11-23-2010, 05:21 AM
I have never known anyone to pray about increasing his height and it happened. I have never known anyone to pray about height at all, and I come from short people also.

I have looked at your various posts on the same topic in several forums for a couple of days now. I was most curious as to how your question would be answered from an Islamic perspective.

I have also debated on answering myself, since your question provoked a verse from the Bible into my mind. In the Bible is a verse from the words of Jesus that directly speaks about man not being able to add even one cubit to his stature with worry. ( It actually goes along with what Muslim Woman wrote about increasing your faith rather than thinking of your height. ) Jesus speaks about not worrying about what you will wear, or what you will eat, for God will provide these things. He says we should seek God first and he will give us our needs.

Hayaa
11-23-2010, 05:23 AM
:sl: Depending on your age, maybe there is hope yet considering you're nourishing your body with the right diet..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yanal
11-23-2010, 05:30 AM
:sl:
Genetics do play a part,if your family(parents) are short,theres a chance where you might end up like them height wise,otherwise it depends on your diet,drink milk, eat cheese, get all the nutrients you need,insha'Allaah Allaah will help you with you du'a.

tigerkhan
11-23-2010, 07:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by endz
Salam alaikum

Have you, or someone you know, ever prayed to Allah to increase their height, and it was given to them?

Note: I don't mean someone with tall parents who becomes tall, but a situation where everyone in that person's background is very short, but after making dua, he/she becomes taller. A situation that seems miraculous.
to me its seems that u want to test ALLAH SWT, whether He can do this or not...? i have heard ALLAH SWT has said HE can do anything so emaan say we blv what ALLAH SWT said and its no need to TEST Him.

endz
11-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks, finally there are honest answers, because too many people keep saying 'Allah can do anything' and 'you never know so have hope' , even though deep inside they know it's not going to happen,

I'm probably gonna stay 4'11 . Allah answers duas in one of three ways, and they know it's gonna be one of the last two. But cos they want to be polite or not make me despair, they say (even though they don't) - 'make dua, you never know'.

Actually I think I do know.

endz
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
No I'm 20 years old, 4'11

endz
11-23-2010, 10:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Genetics do play a part,if your family(parents) are short,theres a chance where you might end up like them height wise,otherwise it depends on your diet,drink milk, eat cheese, get all the nutrients you need,insha'Allaah Allaah will help you with you du'a.
No I'm 20 years old, 4'11

endz
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I have never known anyone to pray about increasing his height and it happened. I have never known anyone to pray about height at all, and I come from short people also.

I have looked at your various posts on the same topic in several forums for a couple of days now. I was most curious as to how your question would be answered from an Islamic perspective.

I have also debated on answering myself, since your question provoked a verse from the Bible into my mind. In the Bible is a verse from the words of Jesus that directly speaks about man not being able to add even one cubit to his stature with worry. ( It actually goes along with what Muslim Woman wrote about increasing your faith rather than thinking of your height. ) Jesus speaks about not worrying about what you will wear, or what you will eat, for God will provide these things. He says we should seek God first and he will give us our needs.
thanks for the reply

endz
11-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Thanks, finally there are honest answers, because too many people keep saying 'Allah can do anything' and 'you never know so have hope' , even though deep inside they know it's not going to happen,

I'm probably gonna stay 4'11 . Allah answers duas in one of three ways, and they know it's gonna be one of the last two. But cos they want to be polite or not make me despair, they say (even though they don't BELIEVE) - 'make dua, you never know'.

Actually I think I do know.
just edited my previous post

endz
11-23-2010, 10:15 AM
btw where's the 'edit button'?

Predator
11-23-2010, 05:18 PM
You need to reach 50 posts before its available

Pygoscelis
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
How about praying to be shorter instead.

I see little advantage to being tall. Short people live longer.

glo
11-23-2010, 10:12 PM
^ Tall people get to reach things on the top shelf! :D
(I know, because I am forever doing it for little old ladies in the supermarket. They say "Oh, you are tall ... could you just reach that tin of beans for me?")

coolhaseena786
11-26-2010, 07:32 AM
...lol...there isn't any :hmm:

coolhaseena786
11-26-2010, 07:43 AM
I have a better idea...why don't you keep praying to Allah (SWT) to help increase your height while doing certain exercises that will help you grow taller...I myself do ask Allah to help increase my height when I do the exercises, after taking a hip hop dance class, I grew an inch in 2 months at the age of 23 mashAllah...your short height is given through genetics...if you exercise and eat the right diet, pray and ask Allah (SWT) to help increase your height, chances are you will...I have strong faith in Allah (SWT) and believe in the fact if I work hard in the exercises and eat the right diet, he will help me grow more taller...if you're a guy, you can continue to grow until you're 25 because your bones keep growing...if you're a girl, your bones will continue to grow until you're 21...if you passed that age, you can still grow especially if you didn't grew at all during your childhood and teenage years...I didn't grew a lot during my childhood years and nothing at all during my teen and early adulthood years.

Hope this helps

GuestFellow
11-26-2010, 07:51 AM

Learn to be happy with your height and accept it.

Muhaba
11-26-2010, 08:00 AM
i heard that doing pullups can make you a couple of inches taller. i haven't tried it though. i myself prayed i'd become taller even during hajj and i may have become an inch taller since then but i have realized that my height is pretty good (I'm 5'2"). In fact most people's height is good, even those who are under 5 feet tall so long as the body is proportionate. i've seen people 6 inches shorter than me who looked perfectly fine. i feel that everyone should be comfortable with the height that Allah has given them. It is just a number and has no meaning really. to be upset because of one's height is really silly. Personally i don't like heights too tall.

how tall are you by the way?

coolhaseena786
11-26-2010, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
i heard that doing pullups can make you a couple of inches taller. i haven't tried it though. i myself prayed i'd become taller even during hajj and i may have become an inch taller since then but i have realized that my height is pretty good (I'm 5'2"). In fact most people's height is good, even those who are under 5 feet tall so long as the body is proportionate. i've seen people 6 inches shorter than me who looked perfectly fine. i feel that everyone should be comfortable with the height that Allah has given them. It is just a number and has no meaning really. to be upset because of one's height is really silly. Personally i don't like heights too tall.

how tall are you by the way?
me?...only an inch taller than you...I never heard of that but I've heard that hanging makes us grow taller...I used to hang a lot when i was a child..lol..I think that's why I grew a bit when I was a child buh not much as an adult...I agree, height is given to us by Allah and we should be happy...I'm pretty much happy with my height but I have lots of taller relatives especially cousins and I get called shorty...I don't like it when my cousins tease me like that, I just want to grow only 2 to 3 inches more to be at their height level...I just did the stretching exercises and that's how I grew mashAllah.

tango92
11-27-2010, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
How about praying to be shorter instead.

I see little advantage to being tall. Short people live longer.
maybe another 10 yrs when your 70 and in a wheelchair isnt every1s cup of tea!

A-Believer-25
12-22-2010, 05:26 AM
As-salam 'alakum wa rahmatullah wa brakatu

I am about either 5'1 or 5 '2 and I am a male. I am one of the most shortest men around, and it does get depressing. :(

GuestFellow
12-22-2010, 05:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A-Believer-25
As-salam 'alakum wa rahmatullah wa brakatu

I am about either 5'1 or 5 '2 and I am a male. I am one of the most shortest men around, and it does get depressing. :(
:wa:

Why is it depressing?

A-Believer-25
12-22-2010, 05:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
:wa:

Why is it depressing?
Because it seems like everyone is taller than me, even my own brothers. I try to ignore these feeling but I must admit I can't help it. :(

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-22-2010, 06:00 AM
One of my friends always whine about his height he is 5'4" or so, thanklessly. Though he prays, we all know that his height is not going to increase anyway ;D;D;D

A-Believer-25
12-22-2010, 06:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
One of my friends always whine about his height he is 5'4" or so, thanklessly. Though he prays, we all know that his height is not going to increase anyway ;D;D;D
lol

I would be happier if I can gain a couple more inches. I see lots of people complain about being 5'6 or 5'7, and I'm like "At least your not short like me" lol I wish there was some way to increase my height though. One time this group of people followed me home and tried to rob me. These guys were high school students even! I guess they thought I was some easy target because I am so short.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-22-2010, 06:13 AM
lol

I would be happier if I can gain a couple more inches. I see lots of people complain about being 5'6 or 5'7, and I'm like "At least your not short like me" lol I wish there was some way to increase my height though. One time this group of people followed me home and tried to rob me. These guys were high school students even! I guess they thought I was some easy target because I am so short.
I see your optimism there. lol. I hate it when people complain about their physical appearances. Hy height is 5'9" and my mass is way too low for such height 55kg. BMI says I am underweight but I never complained about my weight.lol

A-Believer-25
12-22-2010, 06:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid

I see your optimism there. lol. I hate it when people complain about their physical appearances. Hy height is 5'9" and my mass is way too low for such height 55kg. BMI says I am underweight but I never complained about my weight.lol
Yeah, lots of people seem to complain. lol

GuestFellow
12-22-2010, 07:04 AM
Because it seems like everyone is taller than me, even my own brothers. I try to ignore these feeling but I must admit I can't help it. :(

You will learn to accept it as you grow older. There are more important things to worry about. Our heights and looks will not matter once we die.

A-Believer-25
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

You will learn to accept it as you grow older. There are more important things to worry about. Our heights and looks will not matter once we die.
Yeah, I know. There are more important stuff that I should worry about, it just that sometimes I can't rid myself of such thoughts. They just bother me sometimes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!