/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Start Kaffarah on Friday?

Aishath
11-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Is it permissible for me to start my kaffarah fasting on Friday? Or is it better to wait till Sunday just cz I've heard Friday and Saturdays are not recommended days of fasting so thought might be better to wait and start on Sunday since I couldn't do so today. I meant to start today but fell asleep before doing ghusl/making niyyat last night.
ALso what niyyat do you take? Is it just that you are going to start making kaffarah fasting? Do you need to take the niyyat every night?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
11-26-2010, 01:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Is it permissible for me to start my kaffarah fasting on Friday? Or is it better to wait till Sunday just cz I've heard Friday and Saturdays are not recommended days of fasting so thought might be better to wait and start on Sunday since I couldn't do so today. I meant to start today but fell asleep before doing ghusl/making niyyat last night.
ALso what niyyat do you take? Is it just that you are going to start making kaffarah fasting? Do you need to take the niyyat every night?
Asalaamu Alaikum, you can start fasting anytime but Friday fast should be followed by a fast a day after or a day before. Scholars just say that you should not only fast on Fridays so for you it is fine inshallah.

Niyyah is from the heart so you can make niyyah before your first kaffarah fast in your heart that you will be fasting the kaffarah fasts for the pleasure of Allah and then this will suffice.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Aishath
11-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Oh i really hope someone can give me a respond asap to this but basically I thought I'll start Kaffarah on Saturday even though there was a lunch meal I was meant to be going to with some friends. I was going to miss it and really thought I would start tomorrow and didn't make an official niyyat but it was in my head. I kept getting thoughts of oaths though that I will do it but I didn't want to make an oath just in case. Is it okay for me to wait till Sunday or not?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!