/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there a dua to change someone?

gs450la
11-25-2010, 11:48 PM
:sl:
Hope everyone had a nice Eid and is enjoying the Thanksgiving Weekend Holiday.

As most of you know, my sister has been a cause of much unrest in our household. She didn't even let us celebrate Eid properly and made a scene in front of our community friends.

We drove up north about 7 hours to meet our cousins for her birthday (which is today). She still maintains that she hates my morther and refuses to meet my mom's mom (who is sick and lives 30 minutes away) on her birthday even for a little bit. She is so abusive and angry, that it scares us to even talk to her for a few minutes.

I am just asking if there is any dua I can make, especially with this being her birthday, that she will change at the age of 14? I know allah (SWT) has written our destiny, but I know that if you pray and are pious, you can change things in your life. I am so incredibly desparate and saddened. She looks like a boy with all her stuff (she wears a hat, and acts gangsta).

I am so scared about life! Any type of special dua would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ehsan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
11-26-2010, 08:23 AM
Read Ya Hadi after salah 100 times and pray that Allah changes the person. You can also do Salati Hajjah.

AlHoda
11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Most teenagers are angry. She'll probably will get over it. Teens will be teens.

gs450la
11-29-2010, 05:23 PM
:sl:

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely look into it. Is there also something one can recite to increase love and peace in the house (Al-Wadood, if memory serves me correct?)

Unfortunately, it's not just a teenage thing, she is genuinely upset with my mom. It kills me to see my mom get abused (mentally) by my sister and always feel lonely. It is my greatest wish on earth that the love/relationship between them is restored.

Thanks,
Ehsan

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
11-30-2010, 10:02 AM
First thing first: Allah will ALWAYS answer/grant our du'a. Our du'a may not be answered immediately or in the form that we prefer, though. Or it may be reserved for our syafaat during judgement day.

I don't know of any special du'a to increase love and peace in the house or to change someone.
However, from hadiths, we know that there are times and places where Allah is nearest to us and hence it is mustahhab to make supplications:
after shalat fard, during prostration (especially the last prostration), during sitting between two sujood at the second to last rakaat, when it is raining, shalah tahajjud during the last third of the night (presumably between midnight till fajr), when we are breaking fast (so do voluntary fastings, monday-thursday or three days in the middle of the hijriah calendar month), etc.

So, you can ask Allah and make du'a in those situations.
Other things to mind to make our du'as answered and succesful:
- be in the state of wudoo and in clean clothing,
- prior to make du'a, invoke the beautful names of Allah (eg. Ya hayyu Ya Qayyum, Ya Arhamar raahimin, Dzulzalali wal ikram, etc etc), and also send salam and shalawat to the prophet SAW
- make dua as sincerely as possible, be in extreme humble, in a state of hope and fear, pour your heart of, cry if you must

Also please be PATIENT (sabr), and even if your dua is not answered immediately, do not give up on hope and do not stop making the dua.
I will give you an example from my experience: When I was "lost" in my ways, my mother made duas constantly that Allah guide me back to the straight path. Her dua was not answered overnight, but she kept making the duas for YEARS before I came back to the fold of Islam and the straight path Alhamdulillaah.
So have a great deal of sabr and trust in Allah that your situation will get better Insha Allah.

gs450la
12-09-2010, 08:08 AM
ASA

I am going to try everything. I have faith in allah and I will hope that things get better.

Rafeeq
12-09-2010, 10:15 AM
Salam U Elikum,

I agree with Akhee Naidamar. Allah is nearest to answer our duas.

We all pray for your sister that may Allah (SWT) change her attitude.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!