/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I Want to Paint a Mural!!

*charisma*
11-26-2010, 03:45 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

My family and I are going to be moving soon inshallah, and I would like to paint a mural in my room inshallah :D

I just don't really know what to paint..I'm thinking a tree/roses/plants and some arabic caligraphy..

I found this tree which I really like but I don't know if it's too much for the kind of ceiling I have or just in general :X

My ceiling looks almost exactly like this:

I would like to utilize that window opening as well..not sure how i can do that..

any inspirational ideas?? :D:D

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-26-2010, 05:22 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
im not sure how you could do this, but the window could be painted in a way as if you are looking at a house from the outside.

like how some houses have trees/climbers surrounding their windows from the outside. to tie in with that (theme), you could actually paint something on the window as if to create the impression that you can see inside the house itself...like maybe a curtain or something like that. so when you look out the window, the real life outside is inside (as you have the tree on the ceiling) and the real life inside is outside (the curtain or whatever it is you're going to paint on the window)...get me???

I found this tree which I really like but I don't know if it's too much for the kind of ceiling I have or just in general
you could just base your painting on that tree. you dont have to make an exact replica...trees with no color (like the one you posted) are actually really easy to paint as there is no color or shading involved...so you dont have to worry about getting it perfect. you just have to choose the right shade and paint away. but just remember if you are drawing/painting trees, the higher they get, the thinner the branches became (notice the branches in the picture you posted).

EDIT: if it is a small space and the ceiling is that close to the ground, then i suggest you make the elements (eg trees, etc) of your mural small otherwise it will feel too crowded...also, again if the space is small, use light colors as to open the area up...it will feel to claustrophobic then.
i would also suggest you make the window some kind of water feature as water tends to sooth the soul (you probably need that in a small area like that).

Muhaba
11-26-2010, 08:18 AM
that is a beautiful tree.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-26-2010, 08:49 AM
:sl:
Congratulations for your new home. :) Murals always fascinated me. I always wanted to have them in my bedroom. You can as a good interior designer to select a design which suits well for your bedroom. Without having a look at the room it would be difficult to select the appropriate design for it.
Also the tree doesn't look nice to me, it'll give your bedroom a gloomy look, imo which you'd never want.
Thank you, if I made any sense. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
11-26-2010, 09:27 AM
That tree looks awesome. :D

tango92
11-26-2010, 09:37 AM
paint a big yellow circle around the window. like the sun!

sorry, thats as far as my artistic vision can see right now....

GuestFellow
11-26-2010, 09:41 AM

You can a professional to paint a mural. I would leave it plain. x_x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!