/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IslamicBoard Projects!

Beardo
11-27-2010, 02:46 AM
:sl:

So I got permission from the staff to be able to ask for help on the Jannah Network Websites, and it is a complete HONOR to be the one presenting this project to you guys. But first of all, I just love doing this....

:threadapp:

Now, moving on.

We have two separate projects. One for the brothers and another for the sisters. So the project is branched into two. We need a couple managers from each side to head the project on behalf of your gender.

This is the project:
I have two domains. One is dedicated to IB Brothers and the other to IB Sisters. All participants will basically write articles for their website/blog.

The sites have not been designed for this project yet. They are continuing from previous projects, but we'll discontinue them and use them for our leisure. I'll spread the website domains etc after we get a headcount of those wanting to participate.

So to sum it all up:
IslamicBoard is having a project. It's being segregated into a blogsite for the brothers and a blogsite for the sisters. Each gender will be headed by 1-3 managers, depending on group size. The site will be for IB members to post their handwritten articles onto the website accordingly to their gender sites.

The Network had these domains laying around. I considered giving them off to individuals, but figured this is a better idea.

And also, let me add this tidbit... You guys have already ruined my politics idea for IslamicBoard. PLEASE do NOT ruin this one. I don't see ANY POSSIBLE WAY you could critique this out of existence. And if you do find a way, go grab your nobel peace price. >_>

Anyhow, poll is in count. Please vote for headcount purposes!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
11-27-2010, 02:48 AM
We can also use the sites to frame all the posts we like as a forum, such as woodrow's quotes or something iA. I've been wanting to do that for a while, anyhow.

Yassouid
11-27-2010, 04:24 AM
I think going through popular threads over the last years: such as the ones who have over 100 pages of responses and summarizing them into concise comprehensive text would be nice. I know there are some threads such as the one outlining pages upon pages of sunna that i would love to read without the occasional string of comments that go off topic and having to scroll through so many pages.

Are the articles written by the males and females going to be posted on different sites or are the groups merely male and female in order to have more halal management.

Salaam!

Beardo
11-27-2010, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yassouid
I think going through popular threads over the last years: such as the ones who have over 100 pages of responses and summarizing them into concise comprehensive text would be nice. I know there are some threads such as the one outlining pages upon pages of sunna that i would love to read without the occasional string of comments that go off topic and having to scroll through so many pages.

Are the articles written by the males and females going to be posted on different sites or are the groups merely male and female in order to have more halal management.

Salaam!
Jazakumullah for the pointer.

And yes, there will be TWO different sites. One site per gender. :]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Yassouid
11-27-2010, 04:34 AM
السلام عليكم

So will the articles be gender specific or will anyone online be able to access both websites?

jazakallah khairan

Beardo
11-27-2010, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yassouid
السلام عليكم

So will the articles be gender specific or will anyone online be able to access both websites?

jazakallah khairan
They'll be public websites. They'll just be managed within the gender specifics. Just to create some more fun and teamwork within the board. :D

Yassouid
11-27-2010, 05:04 AM
Mashallah, you have great ideas. I'll PM you my e-mail, if you wish, so that you can get in contact with me easier!

~Raindrop~
11-27-2010, 05:17 AM
I think it's a brilliant idea, mashaAllah. unlike the politics one.:X

Beardo
11-27-2010, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
I think it's a brilliant idea, mashaAllah. unlike the politics one.:X
As far as the politics was concerned... I'll tell you the possibilities. It was either the idea or the people. And all I'm saying is that it ain't the idea. >_>

Anyhow, hopefully we'll reel in some more votes by tomorrow iA!

~Raindrop~
11-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Why does the sisters' option have a smilie showing great big teeth and the brothers' one is the total opposite? :hiding:

Beardo
11-27-2010, 05:51 AM
Why does the sisters' option have a smilie showing great big teeth and the brothers' one is the total opposite? :hiding:
lol, I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

جوري
11-27-2010, 06:13 AM
Why does the sisters' option have a smilie showing great big teeth and the brothers' one is the total opposite?
Naturally we all want to show off our pearly whites after painful 1/2 regimen with crest white strips..:D

Dagless
11-27-2010, 07:12 AM
1) How will this differ from a regular blog (which I know some users have).

2) I think it's a good idea to archive important threads but.... if someone writes a summary/conclusion what authority does it hold? I mean is it the official Islamic opinion? or the outcome of the thread? or their personal opinion?

3)
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
The site will be for IB members to post their handwritten articles onto the website accordingly to their gender sites.
Do you mean this? (I think not, but after your politics thread it's best to confirm everything!) JOKE!!

4) If it's segregated how do you choose who gets to publish which thread? How can threads be gender specific? Is there a religious reason to segregate? (if it's open the brothers will probably read the sisters entries and vice versa).

5) When do I get my Nobel prize? ;)

Yanal
11-27-2010, 07:56 AM
What will the articles be about?

جوري
11-27-2010, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
When do I get my Nobel prize? ;)

don't you mean Pulitzer?

Dagless
11-27-2010, 04:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

don't you mean Pulitzer?
And also, let me add this tidbit... You guys have already ruined my politics idea for IslamicBoard. PLEASE do NOT ruin this one. I don't see ANY POSSIBLE WAY you could critique this out of existence. And if you do find a way, go grab your nobel peace price. >_>
:p

جوري
11-27-2010, 04:17 PM
ahhhhhh my bad.. I didn't read every post and figured you were going for the award in writing..

:w:

Beardo
11-27-2010, 04:50 PM
1) How will this differ from a regular blog (which I know some users have).

2) I think it's a good idea to archive important threads but.... if someone writes a summary/conclusion what authority does it hold? I mean is it the official Islamic opinion? or the outcome of the thread? or their personal opinion?

3)

Do you mean this? (I think not, but after your politics thread it's best to confirm everything!) JOKE!!

4) If it's segregated how do you choose who gets to publish which thread? How can threads be gender specific? Is there a religious reason to segregate? (if it's open the brothers will probably read the sisters entries and vice versa).

5) When do I get my Nobel prize? ;)
1. It'll be a group project, as opposed to the normal individual blogs. Mainly to add some Masala to this forum.

2. It's not like we're going to be discussing Fiqhi issues here. It'll just be words of advice etc. It's not just the threads. The story contest entries, or members can write OTHER Than things on this forum too....

3. -_-

4. It's not just threads we're publishing, once again. That was an example of what we can publish. It can also be members writing their own thing. We will leave it to the managers to decide what gets published when.

5. In Jannah, insha-Allah!

Beardo
11-28-2010, 02:23 AM
Alhamdulillah, we received 3 votes from each gender. Let's continue to push this forward get some more votes, insha-Allah!

Dagless
11-28-2010, 04:20 AM
5. In Jannah, insha-Allah!
Lol speak for yourself, I'm going for 2020 ;)
You're meant to be trying to win my vote :D

Beardo
11-28-2010, 06:24 AM
Lol speak for yourself, I'm going for 2020 ;)
You're meant to be trying to win my vote :D
Meh. >_>

I was hoping we'd get at least 5 from each gender. Actually, I Was expecting 10 from the sisters side. I personally felt this was an interesting project. >_>

But at any rate... I do want to implement this soon.

I need at least one brother who has access to the brother's section and another from the sister's section... If you're interested in managing the site and posting the articles. It's really simple, really. It's using WordPress, too. So yeah, let me know if you're interested. Jazax!

Rafeeq
11-28-2010, 06:54 AM
Good idea.....

Beardo
11-28-2010, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Good idea.....
Jazakumullahu Khair ;D I thought so too!

Beardo
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
i'd kindly like to draw some attention to this thread. :)

Yassouid
11-30-2010, 01:57 AM
I am still excited about this, but i just havnt received any instruction yet.

Beardo
12-02-2010, 01:40 AM
From all those who voted, I need one brother who has access to the brothers' section and a sister who has access to the sisters' section to please post below and take a lead role in management. Mind you, this will only take 5-10 minutes time per week. It's not much of a commitment and we will slowly increase the number of those who have access to the site to update it etc.

Hayaa
12-02-2010, 05:59 AM
What exactly does 'management' entail? :w:

Beardo
12-02-2010, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa
What exactly does 'management' entail? :w:
The site design etc will be structured for the manager via WordPress, a simple content-management system. The manager will simply have to round up their gender in the gender-appropriate rooms. In their gender-appropriate room, the gender will decide what article will go on the blog. The article must be written by an IB member, either for a post [reply to a thread] or something just off the bat.

In simpler words, any content written by an IB member of that gender. The manager will take the chosen article or post by the gender members and post it onto the site.

Does that make sense? I make it sound much more complicated than it really is. x_x

Muhaba
12-23-2010, 09:29 AM
i like the idea.

Sawdah
12-23-2010, 07:27 PM
^ Same, mashaAllah. Sounds interesting.

aamirsaab
01-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I will contribute, but I'm not managing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!