/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A lecture directed at Muslims in the West. (But also relevant to all Muslims :D)

Tyrion
11-27-2010, 07:59 AM
I found this lecture to be really great/relevant, and I thought I should share it here. :p Perhaps it can spark some discussion.

Nouman Ali Khan is by far my favorite speaker... Everything he says is just awesome. :D I would strongly recommend all of his lectures for anyone interested.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
could you give a summary of the lecture? what points does it address?

IslamicRevival
11-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Fantastic lecture, excellent points and fascinating insight. It was nice to hear him praise Zaytuna institute also :)

Ummu Suffyan, he touched upon various issues such as Iman, spirituality, state of the ummah, youth, media, education, his views on Islamic schools etc. It may be an hour long video but its worth watching

Beardo
11-28-2010, 03:02 AM
I agree that doctors, engineers, etc are nothing but skilled laborers. That's true. It's not an insult. He himself has a degree in CIS from NYU, so he has every right to say that as well. Still have to watch the video.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
CosmicPathos
11-28-2010, 03:12 AM
^^ isnt then every profession a skilled labor?

Tyrion
11-28-2010, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Watch the video and you'll see what he means. :p

Beardo
11-28-2010, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Watch the video and you'll see what he means. :p
Exactly. Don't take me out of context. :p

Dagless
11-28-2010, 04:04 AM
It was a really good vid.

suddenly I want to visit the Sony store...

Beardo
11-28-2010, 04:05 AM
And in addition to that...

Even if he is referring to every profession, so what? He's right, innit? This world is temporary. It's nothing to get defensive about. He himself, as I menioned, is an engineer by profession.

Watch the video insha-Allah, as I will too.

Tyrion
12-04-2010, 03:55 AM
Bumpity bump. :p

جوري
12-06-2010, 03:34 AM
I disagree with the point he raised at 17 mins.' Evolution' in the sense he speaks of as in 'speciation' isn't taught in medicine because it has no basis in medicine, or even pre-med for those whose under-grad is in biology.. it isn't a practical science, might be taught in poetic philosophy but theories play no part in clinical medicine if we are talking of raising doctors in patient care and not ones who write philosophy books .. there are no ' contradictions' when speaking of unprovable science but very good over all..

:w:

Zafran
12-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Salaam

I saw this lecture quite a while a go - its a good lecture - worth watching for the muslims in the west.

peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!