/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ungratefulness

Alpha Dude
11-27-2010, 11:30 PM
:sl:

How dare I ever complain to Allah for the troubles I've experienced to date?

There have been times in my life when I have felt like I've been tested too much and that the hardship was too great/unbearable. There were times when I even had to battle off waswas from shaytan saying 'Allah is being unfair'.

It really takes seeing the suffering of others to put our troubles into perspective. SubhanAllah. Allah has blessed me through and through. I've simply been blind to the blessings.

I just read a news report on a gang of youths raping women and using them as prostitutes. I found the notion very saddening. I thanked Allah that none of my family members have had to experience such a thing Alhamdulilah and made dua for their protection. It made me contemplate on all the other things that Allah has really blessed me with which I'd usually take for granted.

There are people suffering from incurable deadly diseases.
There are people born blind, deaf, handicapped/disabled.
There are maimed people in this world. People with no arms, legs.
There are people suffering from locked in syndrome, where they are completely paralysed yet being fully aware of surroundings and awake, unable to communicate.
There are young children forced to work crazy hours a day for next to nothing in unsanitory and dangerous conditions.
There are kids forced to rummage through landfills for food.
There are newly wed men who have their wives raped at gunpoint and murdered.
There are children being orphaned in warzones.
There are people living in abject poverty, with each day being a struggle to survive.
There are young girls being raped and used as prostitutes right this instance.
There are men who's daughters and sisters are forced to sell themselves.
There are people suffering from severe emotional and phsical abuse from their spouse, parents or their own children.
There are people suffering from severe depression and have suicidal thoughts.
There are people addicted to drugs and will do anything to satisfy their cravings.
There are people who's children are on the wrong path and cause them suffering.
There are people who have low intellect, low understanding.

There are many many things that can be said. Just paying careful attention to the news over a week would bring forth a plethora of articles related to human suffering in one way or another.

Just going on probability alone, even if 1 percent of the population was suffering in one of the above mentioned extreme manners, that's 60 million people!

In light of all of the above - how could I think I alone have the weight of the world crushing me down?

I mean, really, how dare I complain and how could I ever in my life have had the audacity to complain to Allah?

There is no word for such behaviour except ungratefulness. May Allah guide and englighten me, Aameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
~Raindrop~
11-27-2010, 11:52 PM
imsad
JazakAllahu Khairan for the very beneficial reminder.

I'm going to save the above and refer back to it from time to time if that's ok with you?

Insecured soul
11-28-2010, 12:23 AM
As a human u will always want more and at the same time you always have to say hamdolillah for everything.
Subhan allah, no matter how much we thank allah is less.

Ummu Sufyaan
12-08-2010, 12:45 PM
to add to the above list, there are people with no iman. that is the most tragic thing of all to lose and not have.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
jzk brother, really makes u think.

GuestFellow
12-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Salaam,

I think this should be a sticky. It is very useful and a good reminder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!