/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Getting Old!

Beardo
11-28-2010, 06:55 AM
-sighs- It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm just getting so old so fast... Anyhow, here's something to make you all smile.

You know you're getting old...
1. You and your teeth don't sleep together.

2. Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

3. At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.

4. Your back goes out but you stay home.

5. When you wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

6. It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

7. When your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

8. When happy hour is a nap.

9. When you're on vacation and your ENERGY runs out before your money does.

10. When you say something to your kids that your mother said to You, and you always hated it.

11. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

12. When you step off a curb and look down one more time to make sure the street is still there.

13. Your idea of weight lifting is standing up.

14. It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

15. Your memory is shorter and your complaining lasts longer.

16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

17. You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.

18. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.

19. Getting "lucky" means you found your car in the parking lot.

20. The twinkle in your eye is merely a reflection from the sun on your bifocals.

21. It takes twice as long - to look half as good.

22. Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.

23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.

24. You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.

25. You give up all your bad habits and still don't feel good.

26. You have more patience, but it is actually that you just don't care anymore.

27. You finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

28. You wonder how you could be over the hill when you don't even remember being on top of it.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
11-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Just wait until you hit 50, which when you get there, it will seem like it only took a few days to reach.

Rafeeq
11-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Funny and true.

I read some where, you find the comb of experience when you have lost all your hair.

Rafeeq
11-28-2010, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Just wait until you hit 50, which will seem like it only took a few days to reach.
Exectly, when I see behind myself being kid, seems just few days back and the scene terrifies me after such few days, I will be 50 or 60 :nervous:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
'Abd Al-Maajid
11-28-2010, 07:31 AM
That was hilarious. :p Thanks for sharing. :) Am I allowed to wish you here? ;D I am afraid, my post may get edited.

Life_Is_Short
11-28-2010, 12:18 PM
The older you get, the wiser you become. =)

Woodrow
11-28-2010, 12:31 PM
You know you are getting old when you spend half the day staring at a rope in your hand and can't remember if you found the rope or lost the horse you were leading.

جوري
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
1. When all you want for your birthday is to not be reminded of your age.

right on!

16. Your address book has mostly names that start with Dr.

:haha: so true but for reasons entirely different..
. The pharmacist has become your new best friend.
well duh, can't turn your back on your sister and your best friend..

Raaina
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
That was funny bro! ;D

S.Belle
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.

ewww lol

23. You look for your glasses for half an hour and they were on your head the whole time.
i do this all the time...

Yanal
11-28-2010, 07:13 PM
It's not like we are aging suddenly,everyday we are closer to death one day we were before today. As for aging,yes I agree when it's actually happening you don't realize it but when you stop,and look back, you see that your previous years have been here and gone in a blink of an eye. Insha'Allaah Allaah will allow us to utilize our time efficently and forgive all the sins we and our families have done,ameen.

CosmicPathos
11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
it only feels like seconds since i was born ... where has the time gone ... the more you keep yourself bz and then one day take a break from life routine and look back, youll get scared that how fast the time went.... so keeping oneself busy is a double edged sword. it keeps you busy but then also steals away the slow perception of time.

أحمد
11-28-2010, 08:30 PM
:sl:

There're a number of ahadeeth, which prophecise that near the end of this dunyah; time with pass faster. Years will pass like months, and months like weeks.

:wa:

CosmicPathos
11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

There're a number of ahadeeth, which prophecise that near the end of this dunyah; time with pass faster. Years will pass like months, and months like weeks.

can you share with us?

أحمد
11-28-2010, 09:48 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
can you share with us?
See Saheeh al-Bukhari, Kitaabul-Adab, Hadeeth 63.

S.Belle
11-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Hadith - Bukhari 9.237, Narrated Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle (pbuh) said, "The Hour will not be established
(1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine,
(2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle,
(3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars)
(4) earthquakes will increase in number
(5) time will pass quickly,
(6) afflictions will appear,
(7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase,
(8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,'
(9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings,
(10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place,'
(11) and till the sun rises from the West.
So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."

Eric H
11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Rashad;

Some good and funny quotes, but I see older age as a blessing, still filled with challenges.

I am only 61, and I look at the people who are much older than me for inspiration, I know some remarkable golden oldies.

A 76 year old lady I know is taking a brick laying course, she is in the process of selling her house, buying some land and building a bungalow. She is planning to live in a caravan on her land, and hopes to do much of the work herself.

Young Mr Woodrow is also a bit of an inspiration at his tender age.

In the spirit of seeking inspiration and hope.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!