/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Invited to diner by non-muslim friends

Life_Is_Short
11-28-2010, 12:16 PM
:sl:

I know that they cook and eat haraam. Is it then ok to eat in the same utensils when invited to diner?

Jazak'allah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
11-28-2010, 02:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
:sl:

I know that they cook and eat haraam. Is it then ok to eat in the same utensils when invited to diner?

Jazak'allah Khair
If they're clean why not?

But can you trust that they will cook halal food for you and nnot contaminate it with any haram foods?

tango92
11-28-2010, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
If they're clean why not?

But can you trust that they will cook halal food for you and nnot contaminate it with any haram foods?
thats very relevant. my dad is in the food biz, so i would know. the chef isnt gonna bother washing his hands to handle the halal stuff. its gonna be "done with the bacon, onto the chicken"

Raaina
11-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Sister, i'm sure they won't mind if you ask them to wash your hands before they prepare your food. If they are non muslim's they are probably completely unaware that touching your food might make it haram. If sure if you just explain to them,it would be ok :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
11-28-2010, 08:45 PM
This one friend is going through the effort of getting halaal chicken which I know is packaged and therefore halaal.

Ramadhan
11-29-2010, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Life_Is_Short
This one friend is going through the effort of getting halaal chicken which I know is packaged and therefore halaal.
If they understand Islamic requirements and standards for food, such as using halal meat, use absolutely no pig products and alcohol, then I cannot see any reason for you not to go and have dinner with them and using their utensils (I assume they wash the utensils before use).

Even in the Qur'an Allah says that the food of the ahli kitab is halal for us (as long as they don't break our food rules).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!