/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding purity

Aishath
11-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

I had two questions:

1. If a glass had been used to drink alcohol in, how do we make it tahir so that it is okay of me to use it? I heard that once the glass has been washed 3 times, it's okay?

2. I was walking when I saw a dog on a lead coming my way. I stepped away so that there would be enough space for the woman and her dog to pass me by but the dog ran towards me as it came closer. I quickly jumped out of the way but I am not a 100% sure it did or did not touch me. I don't think it did but I do suffer from waswas and being paranoid. I came back and forgot about it and put the clothes back in the cupboard as well and don't know exactly what clothes it might have touched etc. What do i do about this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aishath
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
Can someone please help me :S I am suffering from waswas regarding purity I think. What would be the case if a woman touches her private parts, not out of lust, but as a check up and then pulls up her trousers before washing her hands does that make her clothes impure? Assuming there was no wetness or any najis as far as she could tell on her hands? I am really suffering from shaytan waswas regarding purity so any advice would be appreciated.

Dagless
11-30-2010, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Assalaamu alaykum,

I had two questions:

1. If a glass had been used to drink alcohol in, how do we make it tahir so that it is okay of me to use it? I heard that once the glass has been washed 3 times, it's okay?

2. I was walking when I saw a dog on a lead coming my way. I stepped away so that there would be enough space for the woman and her dog to pass me by but the dog ran towards me as it came closer. I quickly jumped out of the way but I am not a 100% sure it did or did not touch me. I don't think it did but I do suffer from waswas and being paranoid. I came back and forgot about it and put the clothes back in the cupboard as well and don't know exactly what clothes it might have touched etc. What do i do about this?
1. I don't know but I've never heard this before. Washing even once should be fine since if you eat out then you'll almost certainly be drinking from glasses which had alcohol in them at some point.

2. Most scholars only class the saliva of the dog as impure so if it just rubbed up against you then don't worry about it (unless it was wet or covered in something).

format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Can someone please help me :S I am suffering from waswas regarding purity I think. What would be the case if a woman touches her private parts, not out of lust, but as a check up and then pulls up her trousers before washing her hands does that make her clothes impure? Assuming there was no wetness or any najis as far as she could tell on her hands? I am really suffering from shaytan waswas regarding purity so any advice would be appreciated.
Touching without desire does not make anything impure. It doesn't even break your wudu.

edit: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13356

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!