/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do u wish to inform?

Insecured soul
11-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Salaam alaikum wa rehmatuallhi wabarakatu

So i was wondering what if something happens to you and u die,
how do u wish to inform IB and its members that your not in this dunya anymore?

now we all feel we have some bonding between our brothers and sisters
and hamdolillah we share the love of ummah for each other as brothers and sisters

im sure atleast there will be some people who would miss me, and may be more people who would miss you
too??

coz i see there are members here using this forum since ages.

do you think its a good idea to let someone know that u use IB forum and ask them to inform IB that you are not in this world?

:D hehe

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd Al-Maajid
11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insecured soul
Salaam alaikum wa rehmatuallhi wabarakatu

So i was wondering what if something happens to you and u die,
how do u wish to inform IB and its members that your not in this dunya anymore?

now we all feel we have some bonding between our brothers and sisters
and hamdolillah we share the love of ummah for each other as brothers and sisters

im sure atleast there will be some people who would miss me, and may be more people who would miss you
too??

do you think its a good idea to let someone know that u use IB forum and ask them to inform IB that you are not in this world?

:D hehe
I too thought of it. I will Insha Allah ask my youngest brother to do it for me. I have created a spreadsheet document with all the userids and passwords and I will mail it to him and will ask to update my status everywhere when I die. Or I will ask my wife to do it for me if I get married before my demise. :)

Yanal
11-28-2010, 07:56 PM
:sl:

I too will create a list of usernames and passwords to give to my youngest brother,and wife to inform everyone about the incident,insha'Allaah.

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-28-2010, 08:00 PM
too??

Of course, they have the right to know that you are dead. Also there are some members who would miss me after my death. :) Until then 'Cheers to life'. (not that McDowells')

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
11-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Well....... if I die, I'll try my best to remember to log in on the wireless internet in Heaven and make a post letting you all know I am gone. :p

Seriously, though, no one here will know if I die. I expect my death to be a rather quiet affair, with extremely few people to know of it, and I do not want to be mourned. I have no plans on leaving any usernames or passwords with anyone.

أحمد
11-28-2010, 08:03 PM

Death is a certainty for every living creature; its good enough to know that Allah is always with us.

Allah knows best.

:wa:

جوري
11-28-2010, 08:12 PM
such an odd thread akhi-- I think at that stage our cares will be very other worldly ...

:w:

GuestFellow
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM

I never really thought about this. Interesting topic.

sister herb
11-28-2010, 09:21 PM
I have though same few times but only with those forums where I am moderator. But in there because I am normally daily active, they may understand what is reason if I suddenly will never log in to there - and realise they can give my moderatorship to someone else.

:shade:

But who knows, maybe I should write my nicknames, passwords and "last post" to my will...

Woodrow
11-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Effective immediately a new forum rule goes into place. No member of this forum is permitted to die without approval from an admin and only then by submitting form LI-J3KD 583 in triplicate a minimum of 3 months in advance of Death Date.

I really do not have any idea as to how I could inform anybody here. Although a few members here do have my phone number and possibly if they notice I have not posted for a few months they might try to call me and figure something was wrong when they get no answer after trying for a few weeks.

أحمد
11-28-2010, 11:16 PM

This reminds me of a story I heard some time ago, about a young man who went to visit an old relative at hospital. The young man died on the journey back home, and the old man was discharged from hospital days later; after recovering from illness.

I don't know if the story's authentic, but I heard it on radio Ramadhan over a decade ago. I assume its a valuable lesson for understanding as a similitude, even if the event didn't actually take place.

IAmZamzam
11-28-2010, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

This reminds me of a story I heard some time ago, about a young man who went to visit an old relative at hospital. The young man died on the journey back home, and the old man was discharged from hospital days later; after recovering from illness.

I don't know if the story's authentic, but I heard it on radio Ramadhan over a decade ago. I assume its a valuable lesson for understanding as a similitude, even if the event didn't actually take place.

What lesson?

أحمد
11-28-2010, 11:44 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
What lesson?
That death doesn't need an excuse of disease or old age.

~Raindrop~
11-29-2010, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Effective immediately a new forum rule goes into place. No member of this forum is permitted to die without approval from an admin and only then by submitting form LI-J3KD 583 in triplicate a minimum of 3 months in advance of Death Date.
LOL! ;D

Hmm the phone number idea is a good'un. I had this thought before, but the only reason I'd want people to know is so that I can get lots of duas :X

Beardo
11-29-2010, 12:18 AM
If there is nothing crazy going on in this forum for more than a week and you don't see any posts from me, assume I'm dead and remember me in your duas, forgive me for how many times I've wronged you... And just continue to make dua for me please.

GuestFellow
11-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Speaking of death, has anyone woken up in the middle of the night, thinking about what is going to happen when they die? I mean when you were little.

Ansariyah
11-29-2010, 01:09 AM
woaa this crossed my mind too....

PouringRain
11-29-2010, 03:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
If there is nothing crazy going on in this forum for more than a week and you don't see any posts from me, assume I'm dead and remember me in your duas, forgive me for how many times I've wronged you... And just continue to make dua for me please.
So, when you get married one day and your wife is keeping you occupied for a week.... and then you return and find a thread full of people saying how much they will miss you now that you are dead and making dua..... :p

S_87
11-29-2010, 02:46 PM
id come haunt you all :p

hmm for real im guessing some sisters on my FB would see it and announce? and of course some have my number. a few on my msn. a couple know my sisters etc etc...

Re.TiReD
11-29-2010, 02:49 PM
bAA will call my house, probably several months later :><: my sister will tell her I've died, bAA will come on LI and request du'aas for me insha'Allah. Seemples.

S_87
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
oh several months later. a stale fish imsad

Insecured soul
11-29-2010, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
Or I will ask my wife to do it for me if I get married before my demise
insha allah you will akhi

format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
Well....... if I die, I'll try my best to remember to log in on the wireless internet in Heaven and make a post letting you all know I am gone.

will u be taking ur laptop with u from here or get a new one there itself? :)

sure brother

format_quote Originally Posted by ProfessorSunday
Speaking of death, has anyone woken up in the middle of the night, thinking about what is going to happen when they die? I mean when you were little.
this did not happen to me when i was little but recently i had happend quite a few times.

Death is a journey u have to take alone no friends or family members :S its what scares me the most.

Re.TiReD
11-29-2010, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S_87
oh several months later. a stale fish imsad
:(

I'm thinking of an easier way for it to happen but thats the only way I think =P

Unless Sis Serene's cousin who is my sisters friend found out and then told serene who then in turn told somebody who had an account on here who then made a thread...Hmm....

S_87
11-29-2010, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafsah
:(

I'm thinking of an easier way for it to happen but thats the only way I think =P

Unless Sis Serene's cousin who is my sisters friend found out and then told serene who then in turn told somebody who had an account on here who then made a thread...Hmm....
but id so wanna come to ur janazah :o
itd prob be announced n id find out n come to slap u silly for not telling me

Dagless
11-29-2010, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
such an odd thread akhi-- I think at that stage our cares will be very other worldly ...

:w:
I agree, I really doubt anyone will be thinking "oh no, how will the people on islamicboard.com know" when they're dying. Well I hope not!

http://www.deathswitch.com/

'Abd Al-Maajid
11-29-2010, 03:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
I agree, I really doubt anyone will be thinking "oh no, how will the people on islamicboard.com know" when they're dying. Well I hope not!
LOL To some extent I agree with you but I must clear that I care not about the members of IB except some special ones, my friends here. :)

sister herb
11-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, Sir!

S.Belle
11-29-2010, 06:06 PM
If I'm not on for more than a month then i died...or got married lol
But seriously i dont think (no offense to my IB friends) I would be thinking about this forum when im near death and besides we all are going to die one day so we can just get together in paradise and throw an IB reunion party inshallah

GuestFellow
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM
this did not happen to me when i was little but recently i had happend quite a few times.

Death is a journey u have to take alone no friends or family members :S its what scares me the most.

I used to think about it when I was little in the middle of the night.Yes, it is scary. Not afraid of dying but what comes after. :/

Insecured soul
11-29-2010, 08:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulmājid
LOL To some extent I agree with you but I must clear that I care not about the members of IB except some special ones, my friends here
u r right, though this is cyber world but im sure we fellow IB members have some brotherly love for each other hence they would be atleast little worried if we are not around? so i created this
thread to let them know that im buried so that they wont be worried and that once im gone, please MAKE DUA FOR ME

salaam alaikum

Laila-
11-29-2010, 08:55 PM
tell me bout it! Im actually really scred bout death, specially wen i rd books about the the grave and stuff, it does kiinda freak me out!
may Allah help you

sister herb
11-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Sometimes when I come to here I still remember some of those members whose have passed away... like Snakelegs (even it was over 2 years ago I still remember her and make dua to her).

I miss her´s posts... imsad

Ğħαrєєвαħ
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
What is this form? where can i get one insha`Allaah? the "LI-J3KD 583"? havent heard of it.

And geeky thread btw :-\

Peace

IslamicRevival
11-30-2010, 01:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

Yup, Its an experience i will remember until the day i die.

As for this topic, i doubt anyone will bother if i stop posting, I may have 700+ posts to my name but in my mind not even one of them have been beneficial

Anyway, Please do dua for me. May Allah Azzawajal forgive us all. Ameen

sabr*
11-30-2010, 01:31 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

When time permits review the PBS Frontline segment on facing death. It gives you alot to think about.

Surah Baqarah 2:156

156. Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: "Truly! To Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return."
(Dr. Muhammad Muhsin Khan translation)

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un (To Allah we belong and to Him is our return).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/facing-death/

PouringRain
12-07-2010, 05:37 AM

will u be taking ur laptop with u from here or get a new one there itself? :)
I suppose I'll have to get a new one up there. :statisfie

Insecured soul
12-19-2010, 12:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I suppose I'll have to get a new one up there.
well i often wonder about what the technology going is to be up there :D

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:36 AM

well i often wonder about what the technology going is to be up there :D
However it is, its better than anything of this dunyah :inshallah

SafaAuditore
12-19-2010, 05:16 AM
The only time i thought about this when sis Snakelegs died ='(( miss her.

When i die, my biggest worry would actuall be how bad the angels gonna beat me. Whether i'm goin to hell or heaven. How pleased with me is Allah. etc... I don't really care much to inform virtual people of my death who might not even care haha XD

My second biggest worry when i die would be what my parents will do with all my books :embarrass (no joke)

PouringRain
12-19-2010, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique

My second biggest worry when i die would be what my parents will do with all my books :embarrass (no joke)
Well, if you need a good home for them, I would gladly volunteer to become their legal guardian and take good care of them. :)

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 11:17 AM
In other words... when the forum begins to prosper we'd know you've departed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!