/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Spiders, scorpions, etc

Aqrab
11-30-2010, 03:33 AM
:sl:

I was curious about this for sometime. I know the story about the Spider protecting Prophet Muhammad(PBUH). So it's said that we should avoid killing spiders, although spiders seem to be pretty vicious creatures and tend to attack without warning. On the other hand, what about these other creatures that we are recommended to kill even if they don't present an imediate threat to us? Why do they seem to be hated so much more?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amoeba
11-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Hmm... are we recommended to kill them? I've never heard of this before and now I'm curious.

Raaina
11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Luckerly, here in the UK, we don't get spiders that are a problem for us, we don't get scopians either.
I don't know how you'd even remove a scorpian if I came across one. Personally, i'd probably run away screaming and leave it for the me to deal with haha!

Because we don't like spiders in the house, we have these things we plug into the mains that sends an elecro-current around the house and is meant to keep the spiders away. Apart from the odd one that comes into my room from the window which is open, we don't see any.

Shame there isn't something that works for wasps as well :(

What insects are we recommended to kill? Or do you mean, when you get an infestation?

GuestFellow
11-30-2010, 11:18 AM

I like scorpions and snakes. As for spiders, I don't mind them, pick them up and throw them into the garden.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
11-30-2010, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Raaina

Because we don't like spiders in the house, we have these things we plug into the mains that sends an elecro-current around the house and is meant to keep the spiders away. Apart from the odd one that comes into my room from the window which is open, we don't see any.
Wow do those things really work? Thats just what I need. I have a serious spider phobia.

Raaina
11-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah sis, they really do work. We used to get spiders all the time in the front room. You'd catch them out of your eye running across the carpet in a bid to escape the slipper or newspaper coming on top of them. Now, if we leave them unplugged few a few days, you'll see one of two in the house, but I've not seen any for ages. We have one plugged in downstairs and one upstairs in the hall.

I can't remember what they are called :( If I find out, I shall let you know. We got ours from one of those "we sell everything" shops.

I found it!: Ultrasonic Insect repeller

أحمد
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM

If you find a poisonous creature of any sort; you're allowed to get rid of by any reasonable means, which "ensures" the safety of others and yourself. This doesn't mean, you should go on a crusade to destroy all such creatures on the planet.

With the exception of a few; many of the spiders we may come across, aren't "dangerous".

Ahadeeth tell us that certain harmful creatures can be killed, when necessary. That includes scorpions.

Examples of "harmful nature", found in different creatures (by no means limited to the below list):
1. A rabid dog.
2. Flies carrying parasites.
3. Mice spreading viral diseases, as well as parasitic (yes, they do).
4. Mosquitoes carrying plasmodium (causing malaria).
5. Venomous snakes.
6. Dendrobates.
7. You're account has insufficient privileges; you may not view this example.

:wa:

Amoeba
12-01-2010, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد
7. You're account has insufficient privileges; you may not view this example.
:confused: That was weird.

Raaina
12-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Yeah I got that to... I thought maybe he'd copied in a link or something that I wasn't privilaged enough to see :P

nature
12-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah sis, they really do work. We used to get spiders all the time in the front room. You'd catch them out of your eye running across the carpet in a bid to escape the slipper or newspaper coming on top of them. Now, if we leave them unplugged few a few days, you'll see one of two in the house, but I've not seen any for ages. We have one plugged in downstairs and one upstairs in the hall.

I can't remember what they are called :( If I find out, I shall let you know. We got ours from one of those "we sell everything" shops.
I get loads of them massive spiders, esp in summer as they tend to breed more, i never knew such a product existed ? mite get a couple of these and bob em around the house, im gona be well impressed if it actually works.

Raaina
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Just need one on each electric circuit. They are really good.

nature
12-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Just need one on each electric circuit. They are really good.
thanks sis. I'll invest in a couple, theres nothing more embarassing, than having people round for dinner, only for a spider to cause comotion in the kitchen LOL! and its the men who are usually up on the sofas first ! ;D

innocent
12-01-2010, 10:41 AM

I found it!: Ultrasonic Insect repeller
JazakAllah Khair.

أحمد
12-01-2010, 12:25 PM

Yeah I got that to... I thought maybe he'd copied in a link or something that I wasn't privilaged enough to see :P
;D

Actually, I thought about a number 7 as human beings, but that being an obvious one; I left it out. It was mentioned in an old book, which was about harmful creatures.

format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد (number 7)
The worst, and most harmful creature of all: A human being, who has the intention and means to cause harm.

sister herb
12-01-2010, 05:23 PM
‘Whatever causes you harm, you can harm it before it harms you.’

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz16sjOQfO5

Aqrab
12-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the answers, what about keeping these types of insects and animals as pest such as rats, snakes, scorpions etc? Is there anything against that?

أحمد
12-03-2010, 04:31 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Aqrab
Thanks for the answers, what about keeping these types of insects and animals as pest such as rats, snakes, scorpions etc? Is there anything against that?
Other than their harmful nature, not much more to say against them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!