/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Go Away Snow!

Neelofar
12-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Salaamz :D

It's snowing loadz in the U.K.. and i'm getting fed up of it! Anyone else want the snow to melt away or do you enjoy having it arownd? :p I'm scared of slipping in the snow and humiliating myself :embarrass

I thought i was going to be stuck on the train 2day when i heard it's journey was cancelled! As a precautionary measure i'm not going to go uni tomorrow and friday :p hehe! :D well, i have got a horrid cold too! so i can use that as my excuse, i mean reason! :p

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I don't live in the UK but today was the first day of light snow...I think snow is beautiful...it's the cold that I'm not particularly fond of :D It's freezing here!

fi aman allah
w'salaam

tango92
12-01-2010, 02:55 PM
im the opposite! i wish it would snow here some more, we havent had much snow. its not enough to throw at someone anyway.

theres a puddle of water leakin out of my garden (we dont know why) and it got frozen! so poor travellers have to be extra careful when they walk past. im gonna chuck sum grit on it if i can get my hands on any

lol uni is for your own benefit!

sister herb
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Snow, snow and more snow. Welcome to club:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Raindrop~
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tango92
im the opposite! i wish it would snow here some more, we havent had much snow. its not enough to throw at someone anyway.
I agree. What's the point of watching the pretty little flakes falling if they're just going to...melt? imsad no snowball fights, no snowmen, no snow angels, no rolling down the hill in the snow.. *sniff*

أحمد
12-01-2010, 05:12 PM
:sl:

By no means limited to the lists below.

Advantages of snow:
You can literally "chill".
More green tea.

Disadvantages of snow:
Traffic problems.
Colds- (coughing, and more coughing).

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I love the snow and i wish it would snow more and more and more and more and more :D

I just dont like the part when it turns to ice and people slipping and accidents taking place :-\
It snowed like half a foot here so it was awesome, awesome for the kids, the teens and the adults as they get days of :D

But yeah it is cold :D snow=Coldness :D but snow and more snow=fun :D

sister herb
12-01-2010, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

I agree. What's the point of watching the pretty little flakes falling if they're just going to...melt? imsad no snowball fights, no snowmen, no snow angels, no rolling down the hill in the snow.. *sniff*
Even this guy looks lonely - so more snow is needed:

Abdul-Raouf
12-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Snow :omg:

Have Seen only in TV.....:hmm:

sister herb
12-01-2010, 06:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Snow :omg:

Have Seen only in TV.....:hmm:
Then... try this little game about snow. Bunny is so cute :statisfie

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/bells.htm

Neelofar
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Sister Harb.. loving the picture!

tango92
12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

but still cold!

anyway it turns out theres a massive container full of grit outside the shopping centre, naturally I couldnt control my desire to have some....

Amoeba
12-01-2010, 07:35 PM
It's anywhere between up to your ankles and up to your knee here, lots of places shut and few people travelling by car where the roads are drivable because of the snow. It;'s very pretty. But it's also a little intimidating, having never seen so much snow before in my life (and I've lived here all my (short) life). Especially with it being only early in the winter, I hope it doesn't get too much worse.

Most parts of the UK just aren't used to so much snow, so where a foot of snow is the norm for the winter in some parts of the world and they just get on with it, many places here one foot of snow brings everything to a standstill, lol.

Raaina
12-01-2010, 08:47 PM
I hate the snow. I find it hilarious we get snow and none of the public services know how to cope. I know it's not nice for the passengers. It's just funny how every year they say " Err yeah, we were unprepared for this amount of snow" or the famous British Rail excuse last year " It's the wrong "type" of snow"... next year we'll be more prepared lol :D

Anyway, all sisters and brothers who have to travel out in this, stay safe.

Ansariyah
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM
I love snow, lots of snow! The cold is so nice when it snows, everything is soo beautiful.
However being in traffic *Sigh* is a different story, its no fun.

tw009
12-01-2010, 10:42 PM
That picture sister harb posted is beautiful.

It snowed a bit here today, but its all gone now. send some here : ( it doesn't even feel like December

Najm
12-01-2010, 11:26 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Love snow, Keep it coming Alhamdulillah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Yanal
12-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Unfortunatly the snow here melted a few weeks ago.

Hayaa
12-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Snow is fantastic..

especially in the form of ice cream :ooh:

SlaveOfGod
12-02-2010, 05:15 AM
In London it's not snowing that much (Thankfully!). Snow is fun but the after effect with the ice and stuff are a pain. I'm yet to have a snowball fight though :P

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!