/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Hadith!

Hannah.
12-01-2010, 07:26 PM
This thread is dedicated to the best man who ever walked the earth. Peace and salutations be unto him. Ameen.

Post and share your favourite Hadith(s) here!

Mine is:
Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "The Compassionate One has mercy on those who are merciful. If you show mercy to those who are on the earth, He Who is in the heaven will show mercy to you."
[Abu Dawud, Book 36, Hadith 4923]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
12-01-2010, 09:05 PM
the prophet said [“The one who possesses an atom’s weight of Kibr in his heart shall not be granted admission to Paradise.”]

He (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) was asked: “[But] O Messenger of Allaah! A man likes to have fine clothing and footwear. Is this included in Kibr?” He responded, “No. Allaah is Beauty and loves Beauty. Kibr is the rejection of truth (Batrul-Haqq) and condescension of others (waa ghaamtun-naas).”

Reported by Imam Muslim (54), Ibn Khuzaymah, Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhee and Ibn Sa‘d on the authority of Ibn Mas‘ood. At-Tabaraanee reports it on the authority of ‘Abdullah bin Salaam

for its meaning foucus on it

S.Belle
12-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Muslim recorded that Abu Hurayrah Razi Allah Taala Anhu said that the Prophet pbuh said, (Whoever performs any prayer in which he did not read Umm Al-Qur'an, then his
prayer is incomplete. He said it thrice.

Abu Hurayrah Razi Allah Taala Anhu was asked, "When we stand behind the Imam''

He said, "Read it to yourself, for I heard the Messenger of Allah pbuh say, (Allah, the Exalted, said, `I have divided the prayer (Al-Fatihah) into two halves

between Myself and My servant, and My servant shall have what he asks for.' If he says,
(All praise and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of existence.)
Allah says, `My servant has praised Me.'
When the servant says, (The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.)
Allah says, `My servant has glorified Me.' When he says,
(The Owner of the Day of Recompense.) Allah says, `My servant has glorified Me,' or `My servant has related all matters to Me.' When he says, (You (alone) we worship, and You (alone) we ask for help.)
Allah says, `This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he sought.' When he says,
(Guide us to the straight path. The way of those on whom You have granted Your grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your anger, nor of those who went astray), Allah says, `This is for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.').''

These are the words of An-Nasa'i, while both Muslim and An-Nasa'i collected the following wording, "A half of it is for Me and a half for My servant, and My servant shall acquire what he asked for.''

Hayaa
12-02-2010, 05:04 AM
:sl: They were all so meaningful that it's hard to choose a single or few even. Here are two that come to mind:

The Prophet (upon him be peace) said:

"Actions are only according to intentions, and a person receives only what he has intended. Therefore, whoever’s emigration is for Allah and His Messenger, his emigration is [truly] for Allah and His Messenger. And whoever’s emigration is for any worldly gain or a woman he is to wed, then his emigration is for what he emigrated (Bukhari, Muslim)."

Abu Hurairah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The world is a prison-house for a believer and Paradise for a non-believer (Sahih Muslim, Book 42,Number 7058).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
12-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I hope this is authentic... I like this one;

The reason the Prophet renounced the riches of this world, was because he knew the reality of this life. He said: ‘The likeness of this world to the Hereafter, is like a person who dipped his finger in the ocean - let him see what would return.’ (Muslim #2858)

Muslim Woman
12-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Salaam

it's hard to choose any single Hadith. I hope , it's ok if we post more than one.

the strong man is not the good wrestler; the strong man is only the one who controls himself when he is angry.

-from Sayings of Muhammad (p) by Prof. Ghazi Ahmad

"Treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and committed helpers."

From the last sermon of Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

Yassouid
12-03-2010, 05:58 AM
"Whosoever relieves from a believer some grief pertaining to this world, Allah will relieve from him some grief pertaining to the Hereafter. Whosoever alleviates the difficulties of a needy person who cannot pay his debt, Allah will alleviate his difficulties in both this world and the Hereafter. Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother. Whosoever follows a path to seek knowledge therein, Allah will make easy for him a path to Paradise. No people gather together in one of the houses of Allah, reciting the Book of Allah and studying it among themselves, except that tranquility descends upon them, mercy covers them, the angels surround them, and Allah makes mention of them amongst those who are in His presence. Whosoever is slowed down by his deeds will not be hastened forward by his lineage."

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Narrated 'Aisha (Radi-Allahu 'anha):

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) used to talk so clearly that if somebody wanted to count the number of his words, he could do so. Narrated Urwa bin Az-Zubair: "Aisha said (to me), "Don't you wonder at Abu so-and-so who came and sat by my dwelling and started relating the traditions of Allah's Apostle intending to let me hear that, while I was performing an optional prayer. He left before I finished my optional prayer. Had I found him still there I would have said to him, 'Allah's Apostle never talked so quickly and as vaguely as you do.' "
Bukhari Vol. 4 : No. 768

And, Americans speak upto 120 words per minute...that's so...;D;D;D

S.Belle
12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:
"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

narrated by Termithi, who said it is true and fine hadith

In a version other than that of Tirmithi it reads:

"..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship."

SlaveOfGod
12-05-2010, 11:24 PM
'A strong man is not someone who wrestles well, a strong man is someone who can control his anger when in a fit of rage.'

I love this Hadeeth, I've always been a fighter but never could control my anger, it really does humble you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!