/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Burns

Ummu Sufyaan
12-02-2010, 01:38 AM
:sl:
good health is such a blessing:

The depth of a burn determines its severity. First degree burns damage the outer layer of skin (epidermis) and cause pain, redness and swelling (erythema). Second degree burns damage the epidermis and the inner layer, the dermis, causing erythema and blistering. Damage from third degree burns extend into the hypodermis, causing destruction of the full thickness of skin with its nerve supply (numbness). Third degree burns leave scars and may cause loss of function and/or sensation.
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-02-2010, 06:48 PM
:sl:

That looks painful...

SlaveOfGod
12-02-2010, 11:53 PM
It makes you think, hellfire's going to be MUCH worse.

Neelofar
12-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Subhanallah..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
12-03-2010, 04:38 AM
I've had a third degree burn, but not as extensive as in the pics above. Most of my burns in life have only been first and second degree.

Sad, the children above. I wonder what happened to them. I saw a child once who was burned extensively when his mother placed him on a heater.

nature
12-03-2010, 10:48 AM
I know how painful it can be to get burnt through simple daily chores: ironing/cooking, but its nothing in comparison to these kids. I cant even begin to imagine wat it must feel like.

~ Sabr ~
01-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Astagfirullahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........... .............. imsad imsad imsad

~Zaria~
01-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Assalamu-alaikum,

Third degree burns are actually relatively painless because, as mentioned in the OP, the burn extends to the deepest layers of skin, destroying the sensory nerve fibres.
First and second degree burns are very painful as the nerve fibres are still intact.

Unfortunately, as can be seen - the scarring can be devastating, and when the burn affects a joint - it can lead to contractures and deformities, as the skin tethers and contracts.

Unfortunately, where I am from (a 3rd world country, stricken by poverty) - we see these types of burns much more frequently......the lack of electricity in some areas, result in the use of bunsen/ gas burners - which are often left burning overnight during winter - burning down shelters as the inhabitants lie asleep.

Its most painful to see burn victims, esp when its a child that is involved.:cry:

May Allah make our trials easy for us, and grant His slaves relief from all that afflicts them. Ameen.

--> You know - no matter how difficult your own trials may seem......there is always someone who is enduring much worse.

Its not to make light of your own problems.......but dont ever lose sight of this.

Salaam

Paprika
01-27-2012, 01:17 PM
There are some sensitive viewers here, please give warning first.

One day when I was just a small papriku I walked on fire, by mistake, it was off on top hot under, lucky it wasn't too bad, otherwise I would have to change my name to limping papadum...

~ Sabr ~
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
:bump:

imsad

Endymion
05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~
Third degree burns are actually relatively painless because, as mentioned in the OP, the burn extends to the deepest layers of skin, destroying the sensory nerve fibres.
Know the reason behind this ayah.

(4:56) Surely We shall cast those who reject Our signs into the Fire; and as often as their skins are burnt out, We shall give them other skins in exchange that they may fully taste the chastisement. Surely Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Subahanallah,the wisdom of Allah SWT is above every thing.
Ya Allah SWT,i seek refuge from your anger and ask for your infinite mercy.Ameen.

And another important point.

format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
There are some sensitive viewers here, please give warning first.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!