/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it such a big deal?

anonymous
12-03-2010, 05:09 AM
:sl:

This may sound very silly to some. BUt for me, it's very pig problem.

My husband wants to by 46" 100 Hz LCD TV (Sony) with that's going to cost a little over US$1300. He loves to watch movies and says that we'll have "a better viewing experience" and so on.

I'll told him that our lives are not going to be enriched in anyway by having an expensive and huge TV set! I'm very disappointed that he doesn't care about what I have to say about this. There is so much more we can do with the money. I told him to settle for a 40" inch one that would cost half as much. But he seems hell bent over buying one with "Motion Flow". I told him I see no major difference. And even if there is, what's the big deal?

I have been praying to Allah to make him a more fearful of the Day of Judgement and to make him a better Muslim. But, it doesn't seem to be working. I have not spoken to my husband since last night because of this.

He maybe the bread winner, but isn't his money, "our money"? Haven't I got a right to stop him from spending the money he has earned, if I feel it's unnecessary?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-03-2010, 07:01 AM
wa alaykum us-salaam

try telling him that in a few months time that the cost of that tv is going to reduce dramatically, better yet tell him to fast forward about a year (probably even less) and it will lose its value all together.

tigerkhan
12-04-2010, 06:21 AM
:sl:
consult some scholar, i think it would be better.

anonymous
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Never mind. He has already bought the thing. It's huge and gives me headache everytime I look at it. I'll have to learn to live with it I suppose.

Mod, please delete this thread, becuase it is now redundant.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
12-04-2010, 07:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Never mind. He has already bought the thing. It's huge and gives me headache everytime I look at it. I'll have to learn to live with it I suppose.

Mod, please delete this thread, becuase it is now redundant.
Well, now that it's there... Might as well let him enjoy it. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!