/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being quiet a crime?

Argamemnon
12-03-2010, 02:26 PM
salam,

I was at a family gathering two days ago and got the feeling that they didn't enjoy my company, lol. I didn't talk as much as others, I was the least talkative person there. I did talk of course, but I couldn't keep up with them; they were talking and talking for hours. I can't get rid of this feeling that people think I'm aloof or a snob or something. Life would be so much better if I could become one of those loudmouths, sniff sniff.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansariyah
12-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Don't be so hard on urself. It's their fault for talking n talking for hours, they should take a break :p. Theres nothing wrong with being quiet, n being a loud'mouth is nothing to be proud of. As long u are nice to the people u are visiting n salam them, thats all that matters.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Wa`alaaykum salaam

I feel that way at times lol, i guess i like being Quiet. I feel most of the time people around me talk about stuff im not into so id rather remain silent than take part, but also because there is too much backbiting, gossiping etc. so i prefer to stay quiet or away or better remain silent insha`Allaah.

Also talking and talking for hours can be boring for some people and not everyone, we are all different we are not all the same. Just because you dont talk with them for hours and hours and cant keep up with them doesnt mean that there is anything wrong with being quiet or anything wrong with you in not taking part.

I believe there is personally nothing wrong in being quiet. i agree with sistah Yanoorah being a loud mouth isnt anything to be proud of either.

GuestFellow
12-03-2010, 10:07 PM
:sl:

I'm quiet too. I'm not good at talking for hours.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hayaa
12-03-2010, 10:15 PM
:sl: A wise person once told me that the less you speak, the less mistakes you're likely to make... after all we are going to be held accountable for every word that comes out of our mouth. I believe that silence is golden when nothing of value can be said. However if there's a situation where an evil or vice is being committed then it's better to condemn it verbally than to remain silent.

أبو سليمان عمر
12-04-2010, 01:30 AM
asalamu alaykum

Al Mugheerah Ibn Shu'bah (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Allaah (Subhaanahu wa Ta'aalaa) has made it unlawful for you to be undutiful to your mothers, to bury your daughters alive, to refuse to help the poor and others, and to beg things from men. Allaah hates for you to engage in sinful and useless talk, asking too many questions (about religious matters) and squandering wealth."
{Bukhaaree and Muslim}

Jaabir (radhiyallaahu 'anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "Among those of you who will be dearest to me on the Day of Resurrection will be those who have the best character, and those of you who will be most hated to me and seated farthest away from me on the Day of Resurrection will be those who speak much and are loud mouthed and proud."
{At Tirmidhee declared it to be authentic.}

personaly when im with family and they start talking to much about non sense he said she said the guy that guy i watch this and that i just start an islamic quiz with them or i try to make all of us remember a hadith or anything to do with islam to save them as well from the non sense they can talk about for hours

أبو سليمان عمر
12-04-2010, 01:44 AM
i love this sayng also

اذا كان الكلام من فضة فالسكوت من ذهب
If words are from silver,then silence is gold.”

cat eyes
12-08-2010, 11:16 PM
no its not a crime. its in your nature to be quite. im shy by nature too but i make an effort otherwise my sisters will think im ignorant

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!