/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wiswas issue??

anonymous
12-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Asalam alaykum,

I have been experiencing what I believe is wiswas but I am not sure. Every time I make wuthu either in the middle of the wudhu or middle of my salaah I feel like gas came out. I make wuthu before every prayer but am getting really annoyed now because I'm getting scared my prayers aren't being accepted and it ruins my khushoo'. Any advice on what to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
12-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Salaam

if u are sure that gas passes out ,then make wadu/ablution . If u are confused and it's happening in every salat , then don't break salat and continue it. InshaAllah it will be accepted and Allah Knows Best.

Recite Sura Falak and Sura Nas , Ayatul kursi and do dhikir whenever possible .

May Allah help u to offer salat without any disturbance.

أبو سليمان عمر
12-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Insha Allah i will post a couple fatwa by scholars in regards to waswas hope they help

Shaykh al-Islam [Ibn Taymiyah] (may Allaah have mercy on him) said in Dar’ al-Ta’aarud (3/318): This waswasah may be dispelled by seeking refuge with Allaah and by ignoring it. So if the waswasah says: You did not wash your face, he should say: Yes I did wash my face. If it occurs to him that he did not form the intention or say takbeer, he should say in his heart: Yes I did form the intention and say takbeer. He should remain steadfast in following the truth and ward off any waswasah that is contrary to it. When the shaytaan sees his strength and steadfastness in following the truth, he will go away from him, otherwise if he sees that he is receptive to doubts and specious arguments and that he responds to waswasah and passing thoughts, he will bring against him more than he can resist and his heart will become receptive to what the devils among mankind and the jinn put in his mind of ideas and the waswas will move from one thing to another until the Shaytaan leads him to doom. End quote.

A woman is affected by waswaas with regard to purity (tahaarah)
A woman is suffering from waswaas (insinuating whispers of the Shaytaan) concerning her tahaarah (purity) and feeling after she has done wudoo’ that she needs to relieve herself. On one occasion she felt that someone was telling her to insult the Qur’aan and insult Allaah, and all she could do was weep. How can she deal with this and get rid of these whispers?

Praise be to Allaah.

Many people suffer from these whispers – there is no power and no strength except with Allaah. The way to deal with waswaas is to seek refuge with Allaah a great deal from the accursed Shaytaan, and especially to recite al-Mi’wadhatayn (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan), for there is nothing better with which a person may seek refuge with Allaah. So she should recite (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “I seek refuge with (Allaah), the Lord of the daybreak”

[al-Falaq 113:1] – to the end of the soorah, which includes seeking refuge from the evil of the Shaytaan, because he is one of the creations of Allaah. And she should recite Soorat al-Naas (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “I seek refuge with (Allaah), the Lord of the daybreak”

[al-Naas 114:1] – to the end.

The way to deal with that is to seek refuge a great deal in Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, to turn to Allaah, and to have sincere resolve, so that one will not pay any attention to whispers that may enter one’s mind.

For example, whether you have done wudoo’ once or twice or three times, you should not pay any attention to the whispers of the Shaytaan. Even if you feel that you have not done wudoo’, for example, or that you neglected some part of wudoo’ or that you did not have the right intention, you should not pay attention to that. Similarly if you are praying and you feel or it occurs to you that you did not say “Allaahu akbar” at the beginning of the prayer, you should not pay attention to that, and you should carry on and complete your prayer. Similarly, if it crosses your mind – as mentioned in the question – to insult Allaah or the Mus-haf or any other kind of kufr, you should not pay attention to that and it will not harm you. Even if it goes so far as a person uttering them words under compulsion of the waswaas, there is no sin on him because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “There is no talaaq (divorce) under compulsion.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2193; Ahmad, al-Musnad, 6/276; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in al-Irwa’, no. 2047. If the divorce that is the result of waswaas does not count, then this is more likely to be forgiven, but one should turn away from that and not pay attention to it.

So my advice to this lady and others who are tested with waswaas is to seek refuge a great deal with Allaah from the accursed Shaytaan, to recite al-Mi’wadhatayn – Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-Falaq and Qul a’oodhu bi Rabb il-naas (the last two soorahs of the Qur’aan) – to have sincere resolve and not to pay attention to these insinuating whispers from the Shaytaan.

If the Shaytaan manages to instill some doubts in a person’s heart concerning Allaah and so on, he should not worry about that, because he is only suffering these doubts because of the faith in his heart. The person who is not a believer does not care whether he doubts or not; the one who suffers because of these doubts and whispers is a believer. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “That is clear faith,” (narrated by Muslim, no. 132) , meaning that what the Shaytaan casts into your hearts of such matters is a reflection of clear faith, i.e., sincere faith… He described it as sincere faith, because the one who experiences these doubts is not happy about them and should not pay any attention to them; they grieve him and he does not want them. The Shaytaan only comes to hearts which are filled with faith in order to destroy it; he does not come to hearts that are devoid of faith, because they are already ruined. It was said to Ibn ‘Abbaas or Ibn Mas’ood that the Jews said, “We do not experience waswaas during our prayers.” He said, “Of course, what would the Shaytaan do with a heart that is already ruined?!”

My advice to her is to ignore all of these whispers. She will find it hard at first, and she will think that she is praying without wudoo’ or without saying “Allaahu akbar” at the beginning, and so on, but it will become easier for her after that, and this doubt and waswaas will leave her, in sha Allaah.

Praise be to Allaah, there are people who suffered with this problem, but they were told how to deal with it and how to resist it, and Allaah granted them relief. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

Kitaab Liqaa’aat al-Baab al-Maftooh by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen, p. 14.

Insha Allah this helps as well Hisn Al-Muslim "Said to ward off the deception of the obstinate shaytaan" this duas should help Insha Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!