/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic New Year (1 Muharram 1432 H.)

Muslim Woman
12-06-2010, 04:53 AM
:sl:

Tomorrow is the Islamic New Year. May Allah increases us in Faith and Knowledge and gives us strength to do more good deeds , Ameen.

Important dates:

7th of December - Islamic New Year (1 Muharram 1432 H.)
15th of December - (9th Muharram 1432 H.)
16th of December - Day of 'Ashura (10 Muharram 1432 H.)

When the Prophet came to Medina , he found (the Jews) fasting on the day of Ashura (i.e. 10th of Muharram).

They used to say: "This is a great day on which Allah saved Moses and drowned the folk of Pharaoh. Moses observed the fast on this day, as a sign of gratitude to Allah."

The Prophet said, "I am closer to Moses than they." So, he observed the fast (on that day) and ordered the Muslims to fast on it.

Why also to fast on 9th Muharram ?

Messenger of Allah saw that, it is a day (10th muharram) which the Jews and Christians hold in high esteem.

Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: When the next year comes, God willing, we would observe fast on the 9th But the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) died before the advent of the next year. [Sahih Muslim, Book 006, Number 2528]

Virtues :

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“…For fasting the day of ‘Aashooraa, I hope that Allaah will accept it as expiation for the year that went before.

source : online

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!