/* */

PDA

View Full Version : All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”

Muslim Woman
12-06-2010, 06:11 AM
:wa:

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual.

In my previous article entitled “All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t”, I used official FBI records to show that only 6% of terrorist attacks on U.S. soil from 1980 to 2005 were carried out by Islamic extremists. The remaining 94% were from other groups (42% from Latinos, 24% from extreme left wing groups, 7% from extremist Jews, 5% from communists, and 16% from all other groups).

But what about across the pond? The data gathered by Europol strengthens my argument even further. (hat tip: Koppe) Europol publishes an annual report entitled EU Terrorism Situation and Trend Report. On their official website, you can access the reports from 2007, 2008, and 2009. (If anyone can find the reports from earlier than that, please let me know so we can include those as well.)

The results are stark, and prove decisively that not all terrorists are Muslims. In fact, a whopping 99.6% of terrorist attacks in Europe were by non-Muslim groups; a good 84.8% of attacks were from separatist groups completely unrelated to Islam. Leftist groups accounted for over sixteen times as much terrorism as radical Islamic groups. Only a measly 0.4% of terrorist attacks from 2007 to 2009 could be attributed to extremist Muslims.

Here are the official tables provided in the reports
http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/terrorism-in-europe/
&&

[img width=485 height=485]

[/img]

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes. If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims. It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

But perception is not reality. The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion. On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005. That list can be accessed here

http://www.loonwatch.com/2010/01/not...s-are-muslims/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-06-2010, 06:50 AM
Actually at our time most of terrorists are christians and americans.

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...terrorist.html

جوري
12-06-2010, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Actually at our time most of terrorists are christians and americans.

I couldn't agree more..We need to make similar wanted lists and have round the clock media coverage of their war crimes and transgressions against other sovereign nations..

:w:

Grace Seeker
12-06-2010, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:wa:

Islamophobes have been popularizing the claim that “not all Muslims are terrorists, but (nearly) all terrorists are Muslims.” Despite this idea becoming axiomatic in some circles, it is quite simply not factual.
Any important truth is exactly what you say, that not only are not all Muslims terrorists, but the majority of terrorism is NOT committed by Muslims. I will join you in asserting that. The figures I read aren't the same as yours, and I don't have the figures at hand (if I find them later I will post them and my source), but an article I recently read on terrorism in the USA made the point that the single biggest source of terrorism in the USA is homegrown. They didn't specificy religion, but with Muslims being such a small percentage of the population I suspect its safe to say that this would exclude Muslims from being the dominant cause of terrorism in the USA. Personally, I suspect psuedo-Christian groups like the Klan to still be the dominant cause, perhaps followed by anti-abortion and supposed "Patriot" groups. But, again, I don't have figures presently.

The second biggest source of terrorism in the USA also is not likely to be connected to Islam in any way. It is specifically Columbian. This probably has to do with drugs more than anything else, and if America wants to eliminate it, all we have to do is give up our addictions.

However, the third largest source of terrorism in the USA was identified as coming from Pakistani nationals. Again, the report I am trying to recall did not specific religion. But here it might be more reasonable to conclude Muslims might be involved. In any case, whatever the specific percentages are, the idea that nearly all terrorism is perpetrated by Muslims simply isn't true in the USA and never has been.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!