/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Girls night

innocent
12-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Salamalaikum.
Without thinking it through I invited some sisters round for a girls night and now I'm stuck on what to do for entertainment and food. I'm not used to entertaining you see so I would appreciate any advice.
JZKL

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nature
12-07-2010, 10:33 AM
:wa:

well if your asian the food is the easy bit. any ideas on what your gona make ?

Ive only ever had friends round in ramadan, but to be honest, once, youve eaten, done namaz, we mostly end up chatting, & the conversations can be pretty interesting, often leading onto debates of some nature.

Depends on what age group your friends are ? and what their interests are ? if you know your friends well, then theres not a lot of thought required really.

innocent
12-07-2010, 10:43 AM
We are 20s and 30s. Yes asian. Foodwise I cant decide whether it should be a full meal with all the trimmings or just finger food etc.

nature
12-07-2010, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by innocent
We are 20s and 30s. Yes asian. Foodwise I cant decide whether it should be a full meal with all the trimmings or just finger food etc.
Asians eat a lot, & we love our food, so i bet there expecting to fill their stomachs, so i personally would do a bit more than finger food and do 3-4 course meal. you dont want any1 to starve do you ? Well thats what i do wen we have guests over, & everything always gets eaten.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SafaAuditore
12-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Get a few copies of Twilight, and read them together. Talk about how you hate Bella, how awesome carlisle is, etc...
That's the best entertaining thing for any person (usually Twi-hards XD)

And get General Tso's there too, everyone would love staying at your house then XD

أحمد
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
:sl:

I think this sort of thread should be in the sisters section; correct me, if I'm wrong.

SafaAuditore
12-07-2010, 04:56 PM
^^ Yer right XD

S.Belle
12-07-2010, 05:05 PM
she does not have the required amount of posts to apply for the Sister's Only Section...

format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
Get a few copies of Twilight, and read them together.
or burn them....lol im jking good books just slightly overrated..

Salamalaikum. Without thinking it through I invited some sisters round for a girls night and now I'm stuck on what to do for entertainment and food. I'm not used to entertaining you see so I would appreciate any advice. JZKL
For food you could just cook a normal meal that you and your family would eat and maybe make tea later on through the visit and have little finger foods/pastries to eat along with it.

For entertainment just wing it ask them about how they are doing and if everyone is fine im sure a good conversation will come about inshallah

De-TeR-mIn-Ed
12-07-2010, 08:49 PM
salaams

lol sister u gtn worried for no reason just mke sure u hav lots of food prep bt entertainment!!!!!! wen u gt togeather summit fun is bound to happen;)

hope u guys hav a nice time

De-TeR-mIn-Ed
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Salamalaikum.
Without thinking it through I invited some sisters round for a girls night and now I'm stuck on what to do for entertainment and food. I'm not used to entertaining you see so I would appreciate any advice.
JZKL
off topic sorry but...ur nme kinda suits u :p

Beardo
12-07-2010, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

I think this sort of thread should be in the sisters section; correct me, if I'm wrong.

*correctS* Well, not all of these members have access to that section. This would have made an excellent argument for the "Bring Sisters Requirements Down" thread in the Feedback section of the forum.

Anyhow, even when my friends hang out, we like to do fun and games, not just food. But for food, keep it informal like with chips, cookies, and FRUIT PUNCH would be great too.

For games/entertainment, play board games or have some competitive type thing. Form into groups, play a quiz show or something.

Tyrion
12-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Pillow fight.

:p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-07-2010, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by De-TeR-mIn-Ed
off topic sorry but...ur nme kinda suits u
And so does yours :-\

lol i hope you have a good time together @ sistah Innocent

it will be fun insha`Allaah : D

أحمد
12-07-2010, 09:23 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
*correctS* Well, not all of these members have access to that section. This would have made an excellent argument for the "Bring Sisters Requirements Down" thread in the Feedback section of the forum.
جزاك الله خيرا for the correction.

SafaAuditore
12-07-2010, 09:30 PM
My idea is still standing as #1. Nothing beats twilight sis. I read twilight in three hours, but u guys might not want to waste that time reading. U should get the twilight movie. and then watch new moon, and then get eclipse, and then talk about how BADLY u want breaking dawn to hurry up and come out! then me and u would be best friends XD

~Raindrop~
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
This would have made an excellent argument for the "Bring Sisters Requirements Down" thread in the Feedback section of the forum.
:lol: What, that we promote ideas for nights in so everyone should be able to participate?? :ermm:

Ansariyah
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
How about everyone shares a lil bit about their fav Sahabiyat. We did this once it was really nice not to mention beneficial. Last time I had the sistas over, we played wii games it was fun. We also did this funny game where everyone must be silent n someone must stand up n make us all laugh, if u laugh ur out, take turns etc.:p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!