/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ayat-e-Karima

Dan-fish
12-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Firstly, I understand this may be a bit of a debatable topic. I would like to firstly ask what is jalali wird? Also, from what I have heard Ayat-e-Karima is extremely powerful and constant recitation should be done under certain conditions. Is this correct? I have also heard it's quite hot whereas something like Durood Shareef is quite cold.

I understand I have been quite vague but any help with what Ayat-e-Karima truly is and maybe any hadith references would be grateful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
i had wrote a long reply but to make it simple and short akhi ask for proof this is a bidah in islam the best of guidance is the guidance of the prophet hence if the prophet didnt do it we dont do it correct?

Ramadhan
12-08-2010, 09:35 AM
What is Ayat-e-karima?

I thought I knew the basics of Islam, and then something like this pops up.

and what is Durood shareef?

tigerkhan
12-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Asalamalikum...
actually its related to something we called as "tasawaf" or "tazkia"... so u r rite. ppl those had made its their routine, they say Darood is cool and zikar of ayat-e-karima is hot.
i dont see if someone act upon hadith and its badha....!!! bcz there are soo many haditth regarding dhikar. in one hadith its said that "zikar is a source for purification of heart". so if some do zikar for this, will it be bidha???
personally what i feel is, excess of zikar made u rough...as said by Imam Ghzali RA that Prophet PBUH used to talk Aysha RA so that they got frest up for ebadda. honestly it most difficult thing to dont let ur attention to deviate from ALLAH SWT..which is purpose of dhikar. so be carefull in doing excess of zikar. it can be a burdan on ur mind and make u jalali.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
12-08-2010, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
What is Ayat-e-karima?

I thought I knew the basics of Islam, and then something like this pops up.

and what is Durood shareef
ayat-e-karima is a ayat in Quran, sometimes its is called "said-ul-istaghfar" bcz Hazrat Younis in obdomen of fish recite this dua and Allah Swt safe him from any hazard.
Drood sharif mean what we recite in namaz in b4 salam. its dua of praise of Prophet PBUH.

ardianto
12-08-2010, 10:46 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
What is Ayat-e-karima?
The Noble Verses. But we are in Indonesia call it "Ayat Suci".
and what is Durood shareef?
Durood is "Salawat".

Insaanah
12-08-2010, 12:06 PM

Ayat-e-Karima (as called in the subcontinent), is this:

لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ أَنتَ سُبْحَـنَكَ إِنِّى كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّـلِمِينَ

Translation: "...There is no God save Thee. Be Thou Glorified! Lo! I have been a wrong-doer." (Surah al-Anbiyaa', Surah 21, part of ayah 87).

It is the saying of Prophet Yunus alayhi assalaam when in distress in the belly of the whale, and is one of many adhkaar (remembrances, du'aas etc) recommended in the sunnah for distress:

With regard to the aayah “La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu min al-zaalimeen”, the following report has been narrated concerning its virtues:

Sa’d said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘The call of Dhoo’l-Noon [Yoonus/Jonah], which he recited when he was in the belly of the fish, ‘La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu min al-zaalimeen. There is no Muslim who recites this in any situation, but Allaah will respond to him.” (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3427, and classed as saheeh in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3383).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Shall I not tell you of something which, if some of the misery and distress of this world befalls a man and he recites it, he will be relieved of his stress. It is the du’aa’ of Dhoo’l-Noon: ‘La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu min al-zaalimeen.’” (Reported by al-Haakim; Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2605).
However, nowhere in the saheeh ahadeeth is it prescribed to read this a certain number of times or have certain wirds (read x thing y number of times daily at z time after doing abc thing, etc)

Fourthly, stating that Soorat al-Ikhlaas should be recited 500 times, and that the aayah (interpretation of the meaning) “La ilaaha illa anta subhaanaka innee kuntu min al-zaalimeen (None has the right to be worshipped except You [O Allaah]. Glorified (and Exalted) are You. Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers)” [al-Anbiyaa’ 21:87] should be recited 100 times is a practice that has no basis whatsoever in the Qur’aan or the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), so it is not right to adhere to these numbers. You should act upon the sound ahaadeeth that describe the virtues of this soorah and this aayah.
Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/2241

Neither have hot or cold effects been described in the sunnah. In fact there are many things that people have heard, unfortunately, that are precisely that - hearsay, and have no basis in Qur'an or sunnah, yet people follow it. Sometimes, they are taken from unreliable books whose sources do not include authentic ahadeeth.

Stick to authentic sources. Here are some du'aas for anxiety and distress from Hisnul Muslim, a reputable book. Each du'aa in it is mentioned in one or more saheeh ahadeeth.

http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=35
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=34
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=40
http://www.makedua.com/display_dua.php?sectionid=43

Hope that helped a bit.

Ramadhan
12-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Ah, ok. so thats what they're called in the subcontinent. we call them by different names here in Indonesia.
We also have tons of books or people here claiming that certain wirids to be read certain numbers on certain times/days will cure certain distress.
Many mix between shahih or hasan sunnah with dhoif or mawdoo sunnah.
So yes, stick to authentic sunnah is the right way.

Dan-fish
12-08-2010, 10:01 PM
ok. I was just watching Aalim Aur Aalam. Don't know whether anyone watches it but since urdu isn't my first language I thought there may be more information on the internet. They were discussing this and it just intrigued me.

ardianto
12-09-2010, 02:23 AM
All ayaah in Al-Qur'an-ul Kareem (The Noble Qur'an) are Ayaat-ul Kareemah (The Noble Verses).

Ayaah/Ayat is Arabic word of verse. And term 'verse' is used not only in Holly Books but also in other books such as rule books. So, Ayaat-ul Kareemah means "verses that noble" (sorry, I couldn't find the right English word for it).

tigerkhan
12-09-2010, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Neither have hot or cold effects been described in the sunnah. In fact there are many things that people have heard, unfortunately, that are precisely that - hearsay, and have no basis in Qur'an or sunnah, yet people follow it. Sometimes, they are taken from unreliable books whose sources do not include authentic ahadeeth.
sister, i am sorry, but if u dont mind i want to say, yes we must dislike bidha but what u siad above is like that; let suppose a person says water has effect that it removes our thrist, should we say its bidha bcz its not told in hadith that water removes thrist....???? i mention in my post above that even IMAM GHAZALI in "AAksir Hadayat" quote a hadith that excess of zikar make person rough, there fore Prophet PBUH used to say Aysha RA to talk to him so that He got gresh up for ebada. How u say its bidha to blv in these saying....??? blv i told its my personal experience that "keeping ur attention toward ALLAH SWT" for a long time is heavy on ur mind. blv u will feel much mentally tired if u do zikar with attention for long time/excess. so how say one say its bidha to blv what i have my personal experince. i think we should not hve to much strict/agreesive behaviour that we neglect our commen sense in some matter.

Insaanah
12-09-2010, 09:43 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
let suppose a person says water has effect that it removes our thrist, should we say its bidha bcz its not told in hadith that water removes thrist....????
This does not hold because we are talking about matters of deen.

i mention in my post above that even IMAM GHAZALI in "AAksir Hadayat" quote a hadith that excess of zikar make person rough, there fore Prophet PBUH used to say Aysha RA to talk to him so that He got gresh up for ebada.
In the part of my post you quoted, I mentioned hot and cold effects, in response to this:

they say Darood is cool and zikar of ayat-e-karima is hot.
format_quote Originally Posted by Dan-fish
I have also heard it's quite hot whereas something like Durood Shareef is quite cold.
Does this hadeeth mention those hot and cold effects?

Jazaakallah khayr.

أبو سليمان عمر
12-09-2010, 10:08 AM
let suppose a person says water has effect that it removes our thrist, should we say its bidha bcz its not told in hadith that water removes thrist....????
what does this have to do with deen akhi Barak Allah feek this is an act of worship and all acts of worship is not permissable unless there is proof saying otherwise using the water example has no basis here
i mention in my post above that even IMAM GHAZALI in "AAksir Hadayat" quote a hadith that excess of zikar make person rough, there fore Prophet PBUH used to say Aysha RA to talk to him so that He got gresh up for ebada. How u say its bidha to blv in these saying....???
im not sure if i understand what you are saying here akhi if what u are saying is that to much thikr is not good will i disagree for we should keep out tounges moist with thikr but as daleel tells us not make up things like saying such and such does this and that unless there is proof pls bring the hadith you are talking about so we can all learn from it but if what you are ssayin is that the prophet use to do it then pls proivde you daleel

blv i told its my personal experience that "keeping ur attention toward ALLAH SWT" for a long time is heavy on ur mind. blv u will feel much mentally tired if u do zikar with attention for long time/excess. so how say one say its bidha to blv what i have my personal experince. i think we should not hve to much strict/agreesive behaviour that we neglect our commen sense in some matter.
[/QUOTE]
akhi what is your frist language if i may ask... akhi it seems that you are contradicting youself pls explain

Dan-fish
12-09-2010, 07:03 PM
As I said, this may have been a debatable topic. But I have sometimes gone a bit crazy myself from excessive research and dhikr.

tigerkhan
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Asalamolikum...
i am so sorry that i cant make u understand it well bcz english in not my first language.
This does not hold because we are talking about matters of deen.
sister we are not introducing a new thing in deen, but i mean to say, e.g as we heard that science proves that Wudu keep us fresh and save us from mental diseases (esp Masah of head and neck). no1 can deny it on the basis that its not told in hadith, but its a physical effect related to our body by doing wudu. same in the sense i am saying. in zikar one u keeps on concentrating for long time, so it has effect on ur mind.
Does this hadeeth mention those hot and cold effects?
i mean to say since Imam Ghazali is saying this that much ebadat make person mentaly tired. no1 can say that he is taking bidha bcz its not said in hadith. rather he proves that it is bcz of this effect, Prophet PBUH used to talk Hazrat Ayasha RA to get fresh up for worship. so sister i hope u got, its just about physical effects of worship on our body and brain. so nothing a bidhat in it if ppl say this on their personal experience.
i am really sorry again if u find something difficult to understand.
JazakAllah O Khair.

tigerkhan
12-11-2010, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
im not sure if i understand what you are saying here akhi if what u are saying is that to much thikr is not good will i disagree for we should keep out tounges moist with thikr but as daleel tells us not make up things like saying such and such does this and that unless there is proof pls bring the hadith you are talking about so we can all learn from it but if what you are ssayin is that the prophet use to do it then pls proivde you daleel
Asalamolikum.
sorry to u also. english is not my first language.
bro i am not denying to do much zikar, but i am saying that its has effect on ur mind. so one should be carefull while doing excess of zikar. i mean we should increase its gradually. u blv one my friend of university time got serious mental issue bcz of doing much zikar. blv then he leave exam and leave university due to this mental pbm.
actually sister was saying that its bidha to say that zikar has cold or warm effect. she seems to say there is no such thing explained in hadith so one should do zikar as much he can and as he wish. but i am saying its also my persoanal experience that zikar has effect on ur mind. bro its just i am talking of common sense. like if u do salat all the night, obviously u will be tired. same thing i am saying of zikar. obviously its said in hadith to do more and more zikar, but i mean to say since we are mentaly weak, we should increase it but with care, as it has effect on our mind. i hope u got. About that Hadith, Blv i read this in Akseer Hidayat by Imam Ghazali. sorry i cant copy it here bcz now i dont know on what page it was. 2nd its urdu translation of that book.
JazakAllah

Insaanah
12-11-2010, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
pls bring the hadith you are talking about so we can all learn from it but if what you are ssayin is that the prophet use to do it then pls proivde you daleel

As you know in Islam, if we say a hadeeth says xyz then we need to be able to provide the proof. Please do not be offended by this, because this is a principle of how Islam is taught, people should be able to see the source we are deriving our conclusion from. It does not mean that the person does not believe you, but this is an usool of passing on Islamic knowledge, to show one's sources of information.

i mean to say since Imam Ghazali is saying this that much ebadat make person mentaly tired.
rather he proves that it is bcz of this effect, Prophet PBUH used to talk Hazrat Ayasha RA to get fresh up for worship.
I look forward to seeing the full text of the hadeeth, with reference, eg Bukhari, Muslim, etc so that we can all learn from it.

EDIT: Just saw the above post. Post it in English text Urdu (you know with English letters)

Jazaakallah khayr.

~Raindrop~
12-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I think what the brother is trying to say that too much dhikr will have an effect on any person. Some have experienced this- not just a few tasbee7aat daily but when done in excess, it's not good, as with everything, including optional prayers. If someone spent every second of every minute of every day of their free time praying nawaafil, it would weaken them, and would be classed as extreme. This is where the Hadith comes in: 'Undoubtedly, the Deen is easy (yusr)'* as overburdening ourselves is something we are discouraged from. Again, the Hadith** comes to mind of a person who was standing in the burning heat during the Khutbah, whilst fasting and he'd taken an oath not to seek shade. The Prophet :saws: advised him to complete his fast, and break his oath. << shows that we can't be extreme in these matters.

Just my 2 cents :><:

*Sahih Bukhari Chapter No: 2, Belief
Hadith no: 38
Narrated: Abu Huraira
The Prophet said, "religion is very easy and whoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue in that way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights." (See Fath-ul-Bari, Page 102, Vol 1).

**Imam Malik's Muwatta Chapter No: 22, Vows and Oaths
Hadith no: 6
Narrated:
Yahya related to me from Malik that Humayd ibn Qays and Thawr ibn Zayd adDili both informed him that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, (and one of them gave more detail than the other),saw a man standing in the sun. The Messenger asked, "What's wrong with him?" The people said, "He has vowed not to speak or to seek shade from the sun or to sit and to fast." The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Go and tell him to speak, seek shade, and sit, but let him complete his fast." Malik said, "I have not heard that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, ordered the man in question to do any kaffara. The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, only ordered him to complete that in which there was obedience to Allah and to abandon that in which there was disobedience to Allah."

Insaanah
12-11-2010, 03:37 PM

Perhaps some people might have found that, from their own personal experience. My point is, if someone says there is a hadeeth that says that, then you need to be able to show it with references so we can all learn.

tigerkhan
12-11-2010, 03:41 PM
i think better is to stop here. bcz i know many ppl have objected iman ghazali in taking of hadiths. i have too little knowlege of hadith, but that hadith i am telling u, blv i know a bit arabic wording of that. its like but not exactly "ya aysha, kalim maeya" mean "oh aysha, talk to me." u ppl are more knowledgeable, serach may be u find it.
rest i suggest u to must read, Imam ghazali and esp Aaksir hidayat and its first few chapter about mahrifaat. u will got Y imam ghazali had left the wahaz-o-tadris and make mujahida for about 10 years.

~Raindrop~
12-11-2010, 03:59 PM
My point is, if someone says there is a hadeeth that says that, then you need to be able to show it with references so we can all learn.
Agree with that.

Anyhow, I think the OP's question has been answered, don't you?

Alpha Dude
12-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Recitation of the Quraan has an actual physical effect on the hearts and ruh of people (reciters and listeners). Take the example of Umar Ibn Khattab RA and the manner in which his heart changed in favour of Islam after his encounter with the few verses of the Quraan.

There are some verses, noted via the experience of pious people throughout the past till present, that are known to have a more 'powerful' effect than others.

For example, there's Ayat-ul Kursi. This is seen as a 'jalali'/powerful verse. It can be recited to protect against and ward off jinns/shayateen and it will do this job.

However, reciting too much (say 5000+ times a day) of a verse that is extremely powerful to begin with may lead to reciters experiencing some undesirable effects. In such quantities, it may be too much to handle. An overdose.

There are numerous anecdotes related to people going mad or insane after doing such lengthy unnecessary and strenous sessions of dhikr.

Hence, scholars of the sub continent have taken the precaution of informing the lay public on the powerful nature of some verses and advised against excessive recitation of them.

That's the fact behind this jalali stuff. Nothing bidah there.

There has been no observable undesirable effect of excessive sending of salawat on the Prophet Sallalahu Alaihe Wassalam and usually quite the opposite has happened throughout history (i.e. nothing but good has come out of it), hence it is seen as 'soft' and always promoted.

That's just my understanding. Allah knows best.

Insaanah
12-12-2010, 03:01 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
However, reciting too much (say 5000+ times a day) of a verse that is extremely powerful to begin with may lead to reciters experiencing some undesirable effects. In such quantities, it may be too much to handle. An overdose.

There are numerous anecdotes related to people going mad or insane after doing such lengthy unnecessary and strenous sessions of dhikr.
I see. I have to admit that I haven't heard of either that type of dhikr, or it's effects. I would submit then, that it is precisely due to people going to extremes that are not sanctioned in the sunnah that they then see these effects. Which brings us back full circle. If we stick to Qur'an and sunnah, and don't do these wirds that some people prescribe in which you read the same thing 5000 times, and instead we make a variety of adhkaar; subhaanallah, alhamdulillah, allahu akbar, astaghfirullah, laa howla wa laa quwwata illaa billaah, laa ilaaha illallaah, durood shareef, some du3as, ayatul kursi, morning and evening supplications etc, as well as our personal du'aas, and commit no excesses such as the abovementioned one, that are not sanctioned in the sunnah, then there is no problem. It is not following the sunnah that causes the problem.

Remember, dhikr is one of the few things in the Qur'an, which is prescribed to do much and in abundance. However, while we always think of dhikr as being on the tongue, remember it can be in the heart too, eg when you are remembering Allah without actually saying any words.

Source: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/72826/dhikr

None of us is suggesting that we should do dhikr 100% of the time, but neither should we suggest that doing a lot of dhikr can be bad. If we want to warn, then we should say that doing dhikr in a way not sanctioned by Qur'an and sunnah, is bad.

If dhikr is done in accordance with the Qur'an and sunnah, (and that includes abundant dhikr as mentioned in the Qur'an), this should be the effect:

أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

"Verily in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." (Surah al-Ra'd, Surah 13, part of ayah 28)

u ppl are more knowledgeable
We are all here to learn. I don't think that any of us can claim to be knowledgable. I have learnt much from this thread, and from other posts of yours too.

And Allah knows best in all matters, and may He forgive me if I said anything wrong.

Abubakar 99
11-25-2021, 11:14 PM
sister, i am sorry, but if u dont mind i want to say, yes we must dislike bidha but what u siad above is like that; let suppose a person says water has effect that it removes our thrist, should we say its bidha bcz its not told in hadith that water removes thrist....???? i mention in my post above that even IMAM GHAZALI in "AAksir Hadayat" quote a hadith that excess of zikar make person rough, there fore Prophet PBUH used to say Aysha RA to talk to him so that He got gresh up for ebada. How u say its bidha to blv in these saying....??? blv i told its my personal experience that "keeping ur attention toward ALLAH SWT" for a long time is heavy on ur mind. blv u will feel much mentally tired if u do zikar with attention for long time/excess. so how say one say its bidha to blv what i have my personal experince. i think we should not hve to much strict/agreesive behaviour that we neglect our commen sense in some matter.
Kindly note in the 13th line of your answer you mistakenly wrote " gresh " instead of "fresh" . Please understand I am not attempting to be a grammar nazi here . My sole intention behind writing this message is out of respect for the sacred Personality mentioned above so please correct the word in question before long or else grave sin will be on you

Murid
11-26-2021, 07:02 AM
:salam:
The above posting seems unusual, after 10+ years. The quoted post is very strange.

I did not read everything in great detail, but Insaanah gave a balanced answer inshaAllah.

Here are some additional mostly primary sourced knowledge regarding dhikr:
https://www.abuaminaelias.com/dailyh...ance-al-dhikr/

Most of dhikr loving creeds, recite dhikr in thousands, but do not neglect other nawafil ibadah-you make dhikr in namaz/salat too, sunnah duas on every step, "dunya" with besmellah and elhamdulillah. You must not neglect "dunya", health, whealth, family, friends, neighbors, community!

Sometimes Shaytan la or unorthodox attack you because they want you to stop not to earn good deeds or to be able to manipulate you.

Anyone experiencing similar problems, try to read in addition 3x surah Yasin and Manzil at nighttime and daytime.

Murid
11-26-2021, 09:59 AM
PS
Imam al Ghazali was a genious for his time indeed. Some reject his hadith knowledge/verification.

Sometimes one fabticated hadith can lead to much evil.

In that era books were very costly and written by hand.

Nowdays we must be euchron. We have databases with tens of thousands validated and graded hadith. There are tags. What a genious could accomplish in a month time before with best of resources, and ordinary scholar nowdays can in a day time inshaAllah.

We must be also productive and dynamic nowdays in "dunya", of course lawful good halal means.

People make mistakes.

I would suggest Ihya as an advanced/comperative reading after madrasa like education, and advanced studies/reading of Quran, hadith, Arabic, sirah, fiqh and a lot of nawafil practicing, dhikr, estegfar, shukr, duas on every step (a lot duas for guidence).

My side of the mirror. I make mistakes.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!