12-08-2010, 09:50 PM
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
12-08-2010, 10:10 PM
nice find - respect to her for being unbiased

Alpha Dude
12-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah. I liked how the audience cheered so loudly at the end too.

May Allah guide her to Islam, ameen.

Tyrion
12-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Very cool. :p

Who exactly is she though?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
12-09-2010, 02:36 AM
that was very enjoyable Jazakallah Khair for posting

Rabi Mansur
12-09-2010, 03:21 AM
Loved it!

شكرا

Ramadhan
12-09-2010, 02:23 PM
A rare western non-muslim scholar who can understand the basics of al qur'an

Dagless
12-09-2010, 03:00 PM
That was refreshing. I wonder why she became agnostic.

interested
12-16-2010, 02:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tyrion
Very cool. :p

Who exactly is she though?
This is a quote from the biography page of her blog:

"I never meant for this to happen. I’m a psychologist by training, a Middle East reporter by experience, an agnostic fascinated by the vast and often terrifying arena in which politics and religion intersect. And as a result, an accidental theologist.

Perhaps the thirteen years I lived and worked in Jerusalem have a lot to do with it — a city where politics and religion are at their most incendiary. Or my childhood as the only Jew in a Catholic convent school, which somehow left me with a deep sense of mystery but no affinity for organized religion. Or the fact that I’ve spent the past ten years writing on the roots of conflict in the history of Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

What this means is that my life, like my head, is full of anomalies, a fact that both bemuses and intrigues me. It makes things interesting. Whether as agnostic, as psychologist, or as writer, I’m always asking questions — not to find “answers,” but to see where the questions lead. Dead ends sometimes? That’s fine. New directions? Interesting. Great insights? Over-ambitious. A glimpse here and there? Perfect.

So you’ll find none of the comfort of received opinion here. No claim to truth, let alone Truth (that capital T always makes me nervous). None of that astounding confidence (aka hubris) that cloaks ignorance and prejudice. The aim is to question, to explore, to keep my mind — and yours — open, raise some sparks, and see what happens."

I don't seem to be able to link to her blog.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!