/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What did you have for supper?

Grace Seeker
12-10-2010, 12:19 AM
I came home and found that my wife had made a big pot of hot dog chowder.

I know it sounds gross. But when I was a kid this was something my mom found the recipe for in a ladies magazine -- she was always looking for new recipes in those things. She made it for us, and lo and behold it turned out pretty good. When I got married it was one of just a few dishes that I asked for my wife to learn to make from my mom. Of course we don't have it very often and I have no idea what prompted my wife to make it today. But I'm glad she did. Not so much because it's all that great, but because of the memories associated with it. You see, I can't eat it without thinking about my mom. And my mom has been gone 2 years now, so it was good to just sit down on a cold evening with a bowl of hot chowder, and remember her.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Salaam,

I had rice and chicken. I have this most of the time, I don't like roti (flat bread) that much. I hate chewy food, it feels like I'm chewing on a slipper. I'm addicted to apples, especially green ones. I don't like desserts, it makes me feel sick.

Woodrow
12-10-2010, 01:53 AM
For several reasons I do most of the cooking. tonight I made kind of a fast unusual combination. Homemade cheese Raviolis not exactly what you would call Italian type actually closer to Polish Pirogues Stuffed with homemade cheese (Had to do something with the milk after it soured :D) I did cheat and used canned spaghetti sauce (vegetarian) to pour over them and for the rest of the meal I made oven baked French fries and onion rings. Both of us prefer them baked and not fried in oil.

For tomorrow I am currently soaking some Dahl (Yellow lentils) and plan to boil up a big batch of wild rice mixed with basamati and have it topped with the Dahl. Do have about half a salmon in the freezer. I plan to bake that with dill and butter.

Beardo
12-10-2010, 02:05 AM
Who calls it supper anymore...

I'm having a noodle soup, insha-Allah, cuz I have a sore throat.

I know this'll sound weird, but I sort of enjoy having this sore throat? :-x

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
S.Belle
12-10-2010, 03:57 AM
i had a steak quesadilla, fruit salad (blueberries, apple, and grapes ), and then a cupcake...my mom made some mung beans as well (eww) and some kind of healthy gunk that looked mighty dangerous

EngieBenji
12-10-2010, 04:01 AM
Woodrow- WOW that sounds amazing, you must be a legit cook masha'allah! :D

I didn't have supper because I ate pizza for lunch and I dunno I guess after playing basketball I lost my appetite :/ But alhamdulilah just goes to show that Allah provides! :D

Hayaa
12-10-2010, 04:40 AM
For supper I had me some porridge. No, just kidding. It was roti and some cooked veggies. I plan to have chips ahoy for dessert. :D

Br Woodrow, how do you make onion rings? :O Those are awesome.

Amoeba
12-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I had porridge, then I had some snacks.

nature
12-10-2010, 09:29 AM
Salaam,

Skipped on dinner last night, was stuffed from lunch (went to one of them buffett places)

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Do have about half a salmon in the freezer. I plan to bake that with dill and butter.
How ? I only know one way to cook salmon. ideas ? :D

Ramadhan
12-10-2010, 11:49 AM
I ordered a take out of grilled fish with sambal (chili sauce) and rice

Grace Seeker
12-10-2010, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Who calls it supper anymore...

Call it dinner if you prefer. In my part of the midwest, corn country and soybean fields, your first meal is breakfast, the second is lunch, and the third is supper. Dinner would be the name for the big meal of the day whether at noon or evening.

GuestFellow
12-10-2010, 06:32 PM
For tomorrow I am currently soaking some Dahl (Yellow lentils) and plan to boil up a big batch of wild rice mixed with basamati and have it topped with the Dahl. Do have about half a salmon in the freezer. I plan to bake that with dill and butter.
Salaam,

I like Dahl but I can't have large amounts.

Grace Seeker
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Last night I had a couple of broiled veggie burgers and some baked tater tots.

I'm thinking of heading to Subway for lunch.

S_87
12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
some chicken soup

Beardo
12-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Last night... I had rice with some chutney and BBQ chicken... Yumm.

PouringRain
12-13-2010, 10:26 PM
I've been baking pumpkin breads all day to give out, so for dinner I am making a nice simple tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Ansariyah
12-13-2010, 10:49 PM
Spaghetti! Hmmm!

~Raindrop~
12-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Chicken. Like every day.

Beardo
12-13-2010, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Chicken. Like every day.
Mashallah. I love chicken.

Alpha Dude
12-13-2010, 11:46 PM
Chicken. Like every day.
Are you black/African-American? :nervous:

sapphire
12-13-2010, 11:53 PM
;D ^ sorry Aish!

ill send you some masala dosai tommorrow ok :p nice and vegi...

i had butter chicken and chicken bhuna today :) oops, chicken aswell...

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 12:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Are you black/African-American?
haha nope- but I love chicken and I don't eat red meat so lots of lovely chicken for me!

format_quote Originally Posted by sapphire
ill send you some masala dosai tommorrow ok nice and vegi...
What's that? :><:

Grace Seeker
12-14-2010, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PouringRain
I've been baking pumpkin breads all day to give out, so for dinner I am making a nice simple tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Yummm!! I think I grew up on tomato soup and grilled cheese. Love dunking the sandwich in the soup. Still do. How about you?

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Are you black/African-American? :nervous:

haha nope- but I love chicken and I don't eat red meat so lots of lovely chicken for me!

:><:
Aisha, pensaba que eres una Latina de Panama? Claro?

Grofica
12-14-2010, 12:34 AM
i had hotdogs with chili and cheese :-(

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Er...pardon? :><:

أحمد
12-14-2010, 12:42 AM
:sl:

Er...pardon? :><:
Spanish detected on Google Translate. You may want to add it to a list of "to learn" languages; maybe useful to learn.

:wa:

S.Belle
12-14-2010, 12:42 AM
he said he thought you were a latina from Panama....ROFL

Grofica
12-14-2010, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by Grace Seeker
Aisha, I thought you're a Latina from Panama? Claro?

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 12:52 AM
^thanks.
:X nope am not.
In future, I shall keep my culinary likes and dislikes to myself. And continue to eat chicken. Every day.

أحمد
12-14-2010, 12:53 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
I'd guess "claro" to mean "clear" (not really sure if it does), maybe someone with a bit of knowledge of Spanish can confirm.

Grofica
12-14-2010, 12:54 AM
I dont see anything wrong with eating chicken. eat what you love. i dont think anyone ment anything bad :-)

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 12:55 AM
or 'correct'?
I'm guessing here, don't have a clue what it means :P

S.Belle
12-14-2010, 12:55 AM
^ another way of saying...or asking in this cause
Yes? or true?

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 12:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
I dont see anything wrong with eating chicken. eat what you love. i dont think anyone ment anything bad :-)
I was messing :p

أحمد
12-14-2010, 12:57 AM

or 'correct'?
I'm guessing here, don't have a clue what it means :P
Google Translate fails to help with that, it only gives the translaton as follows:

PouringRain
12-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Yummm!! I think I grew up on tomato soup and grilled cheese. Love dunking the sandwich in the soup. Still do. How about you?
Definitely! :thumbs_up

Grace Seeker
12-14-2010, 05:40 AM
"Claro?" is just a way of asking if I was right. It can mean any of the things you all suggested: clear, true, right, correct or even yes. Of course, as it turns out I wasn't right. So, the answer is "No." whether you are writing in English or Spanish.

Ramadhan
12-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Last night I was meeting some old friends and dining out with them at a restaurant which specializes in cooking oxtail. In fact, their oxtail soup is the most famous one in Jakarta. Here's what I had: slow cooked oxtail soup and white steamed rice with belinjo crackers. The meat of the oxtail is so tender it practically melts in your mouth while still retaining some texture. The unique aroma of cloves and nutmegs is what make it really special.

nature
12-14-2010, 08:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Last night I was meeting some old friends and dining out with them at a restaurant which specializes in cooking oxtail. In fact, their oxtail soup is the most famous one in Jakarta. Here's what I had: slow cooked oxtail soup and white steamed rice with belinjo crackers. The meat of the oxtail is so tender it practically melts in your mouth while still retaining some texture. The unique aroma of cloves and nutmegs is what make it really special.
oxtail is halal ?? I was thinking of trying this, but wasnt sure. Looks lovely! I can see a lot of presentation has gone into dishing up!

Ramadhan
12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nature
oxtail is halal ?? I was thinking of trying this, but wasnt sure. Looks lovely! I can see a lot of presentation has gone into dishing up!

well, at least in Indonesia "oxtail" is normally tail of cow, not of ox. Anyway, all cows in Indonesia when slaughtered are done in halal way, so that would make oxtail halal.

~Raindrop~
12-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I had chicken. Twice today. Yum.

S.Belle
12-14-2010, 09:58 PM
tonight im having spaghetti

GuestFellow
12-14-2010, 10:03 PM

I had rice and chicken.

Taqiyah
12-14-2010, 10:45 PM
I read what everyone else ate and I am ashamed to say I ate frosted cereal with melted vanila icecream trust me it is not as bad as it sounds...but i am still mad at myself for not cooking a real meal

Hayaa
12-14-2010, 11:01 PM
:lol:

I read what everyone else ate and I am ashamed to say I ate frosted cereal with melted vanila icecream trust me it is not as bad as it sounds...but i am still mad at myself for not cooking a real meal
Icecream and cereal? :? That sounds :awesome:

Grace Seeker
12-14-2010, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
LOL. Don't worry. I'm not cooking tonight either. It's my wife's birthday and she's asked to go out to Applebee's. Don't know what I'm going to order, but I don't expect it will be either apples or bees.

S.Belle
12-14-2010, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taqiyah
no shame thats yummy its really good with coco crispies

hehehe you are going to turn into a chicken

Taqiyah
12-14-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL. Don't worry. I'm not cooking tonight either. It's my wife's birthday and she's asked to go out to Applebee's. Don't know what I'm going to order, but I don't expect it will be either apples or bees.
lool good one;D;Dthere is an Applebee's 2 block from my house and my husband and I have been wanting to go there for the past 5 months but somehow always pick other restaurants over it like Noodles & Company or O'Charley's...I love love loooove Noodles they have the most amazing and delicous Penne rosa with permesean coated chicken yummm yum yum...I can go on forever once I start talking about it:p:exhausted Wish you too all the luck..

Woodrow
12-15-2010, 12:02 AM
If you come up this way to go skiing keep in mind there are only 7 Applebee's in the entire State 2 in Bismarck, one in Jamestown and 4 in Fargo.

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

hehehe you are going to turn into a chicken

Lets hope she does not eat herself...

I also ate an apple.

Ansariyah
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
lasagna n Greek salad.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Spinach and Chicken is awesome, masha`Allaah

so insha`Allaah i`ll be having that tonight.

Beardo
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Has anyone ever eaten supper stuff for breakfast... :-x

nature
12-15-2010, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
well, at least in Indonesia "oxtail" is normally tail of cow, not of ox. Anyway, all cows in Indonesia when slaughtered are done in halal way, so that would make oxtail halal
I thought you ment actually ox! theres not many requests for tails over here, but im gona ask next time i go to the butchers.

format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Has anyone ever eaten supper stuff for breakfast... :-x
Sure, pizza from night before, doesnt taste that different...& minging as it sounds ive even had donner for breakfast, luckily thats a habit ive managed to break. !:D

PouringRain
12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
For tonight I am making pumpkin soup-- a family favorite, loved by all.

I love making soups.

elina
12-15-2010, 03:47 PM
im making meatballs in sour sauce... ive never tried it before so im hoping its going to be nice :)

SafaAuditore
12-15-2010, 04:22 PM
For tonight I am making pumpkin soup-- a family favorite, loved by all.

I love making soups.
I do too. Have you ever made Taco Soup?

__________________________________________________ __________

Tonight I want to make supper. I'm going to make Orange Chicken - first time to make it at home! Then after that, i'm making Apple Cake.

Sigma
12-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Rice and fish for supper (Typical Bengali cuisine)

Endymion
12-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Wow Yummy thread :D
Im going to make everyone Drool as we have so many things tonight ;D

Mutton curry with bread,chicken burger and different types of sweet meats (My aunt bring for me) :statisfie

Grace Seeker
12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
OK. I'm in the mood for some some lahmacun or manti for supper.

PouringRain
12-16-2010, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
I do too. Have you ever made Taco Soup?
I haven't. What do you put in it?

nature
12-16-2010, 09:12 AM

Ive no idea what that is ? meat dish ?

Ramadhan
12-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I had "pastel tutup" last night.
It's indonesian style potato pie stuffed with chicken, some kind of mushrooms, green pean, carrots, green cabbage, sausages, vermicelli.

images?qtbnANd9GcTu6D3D4akE29oUSpDBPmkgX9AoMbZ95e6 alulHTGhzPlRG2z6HPw -

Woodrow
12-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Last night after getting back from our aborted trip to Fargo and having to drive the last 100 miles at 25-30 MPH. I was in no mood to cook so I made a fully vegetarian Koogali (Polish, Potato cake) sort of like an ovesized potato pancake cooked in a cake pan. I cheated on that I did not even grate any potatoes, just used a few handfuls of instant potatoes.

SafaAuditore
12-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I haven't. What do you put in it?
This is the recipe i use. When it's all ready and you pour into bowls, you MUST eat like this (for it to be good) First, put a scoop of sour cream right on top of the soup in each bowl. Then, sprinkle cheddar cheese on it. And Finally, crush unsalted tortilla chips onto it. It's reallllllllly good. Alot of people are skeptical about trying "Taco Soup" cause the name lol. me included..but it's really good.
Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 (15 ounce) can mild chili beans
  • 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
  • 1 (1 ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix

Directions

1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning and mix well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.

Grace Seeker
12-16-2010, 04:26 PM

Ive no idea what that is ? meat dish ?
Yes, they both are -- sort of.

Lahmacun is a sort of Turkish pizza. Manti is like a ravioli; it is pasta stuffed with meat (usually lamb) and served in a yogurt sauce.

Lahmacun recipe:
First of all, you could make lahmacun with tortilla which is more practical or you can make your own dough which is more delicious:

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 1 medium size onion
  • 2 medium size of tomatoes
  • 1 bunch of parsley
  • 2 green pepper
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic
  • 1 tbsp of tomato paste
  • 1 tbsp of red pepper paste
  • 1/2 tsp of black pepper
  • salt
For the dough:
  • 10 tortilla breads
or:
  • 4 cups of all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp of salt
  • 1+1/2 cups of warm water
  • 1tbsp of yeast
Wash and drain tomatoes, pepper, onion, garlic, and parsley.Take onion, garlic and green pepper to the bowl of food processor and process it until finely chopped .Take them into a big mixing bowl.Put tomatoes to the food processor and process until smooth consistency and take the tomatoes to the mixing bowl too. Chop parsley and take it to the mixing bowl. Add meat, tomato paste, pepper paste, black pepper, and salt to the mixing bowl and knead them all until well combined.
Preheat the oven to 450F. Take a tortilla and spread 2-3 tbsp of mixing. Sprinkle some flour to the baking sheet and place the tortilla on it and bake it for 10-15 minutes.You can bake 2 to 3 tortilla at a time.
For making your own dough, mix flour, salt, and yeast in a bowl and add warm water slowly to make a soft dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1 hour and knead it again until it is bubble free. Take a small part of dough (like a lemon) and roll it as large as tortilla. Before spreading the mixing you should bake the dough first for 5 minutes and then add the mixing.
You can serve lahmacun with ayran and onion salad.

Attachment 4208

And here is a video on how to make manti, complete with recipe:

S.Belle
12-16-2010, 10:21 PM
I have chicken and veggies in the oven to eat in a bit.

~Raindrop~
12-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Goat. No chicken today :-\

nature
12-17-2010, 08:21 AM
Yes, they both are -- sort of. Lahmacun is a sort of Turkish pizza. Manti is like a ravioli; it is pasta stuffed with meat (usually lamb) and served in a yogurt sauce.

Thanks, it looks a bit beyond my skills, but i'll try and give it a go. Im liking some of these recipes, esp the ones, from other parts of the world.

Last nite, brown rice, with chicken, raitha, chicken masala. tonight-meal out of a box.

ourdialogue02
12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
eba (garri) and ogbono soup plus kpomo

Woodrow
12-17-2010, 02:45 PM
We wanted to go to Fago today for Jummah. Often we get invited over to supper by some of the Brothers and sisters before making the long drive home. But the roads are very much iced over and driving conditions are too hazardous to risk going out of the big city of Zeeland. So looks like I will have the day to look through the pantry and see what cans I can open. We do have a 50 pound sack of wild rice. I do believe I will plan supper around wild rice. I will post later this evening and see what I can make. will be a good cooking day. I will try to post pictures of what I finally cook.

Ansariyah
12-17-2010, 02:56 PM
Home made Pizza, n crepes as desert.

Rafeeq
12-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Biryani . . . . . . . . . :hmm:

Grace Seeker
12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Lunch was a McRib with extra pickles and smothered in barbeque sauce. Hate to think what it did to my cholesterol, but boy was it tastey!!

Going out with my wife for her birthday tonight, haven't decided where we might stop yet.

~Raindrop~
12-17-2010, 08:42 PM
I had chevon (had to look that up lol, otherwise known as goat meat) and okra.. haven't had it for ages, kinda hard to get hold of round here.

SafaAuditore
12-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Homemade Pizza ( i make the best ), homemade lemonade ( I make the best ), and homemade cookies (I make the best XD)

SafaAuditore
12-17-2010, 08:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
Home made Pizza, n crepes as desert.
Crepes!! those are frenchhh!! What recipe do u use? Could u tell me how to make it pweese ?

Grace Seeker
12-17-2010, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
Homemade Pizza ( i make the best ), homemade lemonade ( I make the best ), and homemade cookies (I make the best XD)

Well, you just helped me figure out where I'm going for supper.

tw009
12-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Daal + Chawal (rice) with bbq chicken from last night :D

Woodrow
12-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Hooray, I dug further in the freezer and under the frozen veggies I found frozen Chicken. No need trying to cook up the wild rice tonight. Get to cook simple Grilled chicken sandwiches. the wild rice can soak in water over night and be easier to cook tomorrow.

Life_Is_Short
12-18-2010, 12:17 AM
I had cheese pizza.

S.Belle
12-18-2010, 12:34 AM
baked chicken and potatoes

Ramadhan
12-18-2010, 07:46 AM
Again, I had a takeout last night. This time it was deep fried duck, steam rice, some "lalapan" (lettuce, cucumber and thai basil veggies) and "sambal" (extremely hot chili sauce). The duck had been braised with spiced before deep fried, so it was crispy on the outside and tender and juicy in the inside.
The picture shows the duck from the same chain restaurant:

S.Belle
12-19-2010, 03:22 AM
taco salad and cheesecake

PouringRain
12-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Salmon with hollandaise sauce.

Grace Seeker
12-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Caterpillar roll with wasabi. I like my food to have a kick to it.

PouringRain
12-20-2010, 04:07 AM
I made an instant hot and sour soup for dinner....... we got home too late to cook. :)

ChargerCarl
12-20-2010, 07:06 AM
alfredo and pizza from the hotel i work at while watching sunday night football :shade:

nature
12-20-2010, 10:02 AM
fish and chips !

Hate to think what it did to my cholesterol, but boy was it tastey!!
food would be pretty boring, if we watched our cholesterol all the time.

okra.. haven't had it for ages, kinda hard to get hold of round here.
available all year round here...what part of the world you from ?

Rafeeq
12-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Chicken Tikka with Aloo Bhaji and Pakistani Rori, it was delicious.

~Raindrop~
12-20-2010, 12:01 PM
available all year round here...what part of the world you from ?
UK
lol I meant it's difficult to get hold of goat meat, so we put in an order at the butchers for a whole goat, which we bought and it's now sitting in the freezer. (not alive, obviously :P)

Had (modified) pizza last night, but pizza is pizza =D

nature
12-21-2010, 09:15 AM
UK lol I meant it's difficult to get hold of goat meat, so we put in an order at the butchers for a whole goat, which we bought and it's now sitting in the freezer. (not alive, obviously :P)
oh ok, LOL, i thought you ment the okra. wat type of butchers do you have ?? goat is one of the main meats...readily available 24/7. Find a new supplier.

chicken tikka with saag, & choc gateau.

S.Belle
04-29-2011, 11:02 PM
california rolls

Revert 2010
04-29-2011, 11:18 PM
I had some pasta and meat balls it was too yummy, I have to learn to stop snacking late as well I have a really sweet tooth. I love chocolate too much.

abdussattar
04-30-2011, 05:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I don't like desserts, it makes me feel sick.

:uuh:
Is that even possible?

tw009
04-30-2011, 06:03 AM
Biryaniiiiiii

elina
04-30-2011, 10:21 AM
i had lamb with lentils......cooked in the oven so i could leave it without worrying about it and stirring it every two minutes .... served with salad, rice and bread :)

Grace Seeker
04-30-2011, 03:03 PM
I stopped at a Chinese restaurant and they had a "Lettuce Chicken Wrap" on the menu. Well, I like most of the wraps I've ever had. Usually they are some meat wrapped up in a tortilla or stuffed into a pita along with a few assorted vegatables. This was good, but I would hardly call it a wrap. It was a spicy chicken stew that I had to eat with a spoon and a wedge of lettuce on the side. Have no idea where the "wrap" part of the name came from. Still, it was good. But hard to eat while driving.

Haya emaan
04-30-2011, 03:16 PM
pullao....:)

Endymion
04-30-2011, 05:48 PM
My sister-in-law make really yummy BBQ and Spicy rice :D And i prepare Custard Trifle :playing:

Revert 2010
04-30-2011, 09:15 PM
I just had a fry up beef sausages, eggs and potato cakes I'm going to pay for this in the morning and I'm starting to feel my love handles from eating this lol. As part of my diet I have a blow out once a week.

Woodrow
05-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I stopped at a Chinese restaurant and they had a "Lettuce Chicken Wrap" on the menu. Well, I like most of the wraps I've ever had. Usually they are some meat wrapped up in a tortilla or stuffed into a pita along with a few assorted vegatables. This was good, but I would hardly call it a wrap. It was a spicy chicken stew that I had to eat with a spoon and a wedge of lettuce on the side. Have no idea where the "wrap" part of the name came from. Still, it was good. But hard to eat while driving.
Peace Gene,

Hope you don't mind me laughing but the mental imagery of picturing somebody trying to eat that, while driving, has just caused me to cover my screen with coffee.

Reflections
05-03-2011, 11:03 PM
I had barbecued chicken and veg on skewers in tortilla wraps

Ramadhan
05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
I had really nice dinner last night, as it was a friend's birthday and he invited us to a northern indian restaurant. I must say that I'm a huge fan of indian food, and in fact I put it in my top three favorite food.
I had rogan josh lamb curry, butter chicken, steam rice with cardamom, garlic naan, chicken tandoor, papadums, raita. And for dessert I had kulfi and gulab jamun (too sweet but loving it!), and it was mango lassi for the drink.

Yyuum! As I am writing this I can still imagine the taste of all those wonderful food in my mouth.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-04-2011, 05:22 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I had spinach and meat it was awesome, but i prefer chicken and spinach :-\ alto its nice on its own also.

also chicken is awesomely awesome also after some time i had some chocolate today it was also awesome i hope you all love it too.

good thread, jazakallaahu khaair for sharing.

.. peace ..

peace_maker
05-04-2011, 07:00 PM
I didn't had dinner yet, but last night was a heavy load. :X

We had pizza and mango shake normally. Dad was out for a biz meeting and got home a huge dinner. Unfortunately, we already had ourselves stuffed. But had to give him company anyway.
I was so stuffed, I hardly noticed what I ate.... There was tandoori roti and chicken, magaz (brain curry), kadai gosht and something else, I can't remember. :hmm:

sister herb
05-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Ground meat steaks with turkish yoghurt and pasta salad and homemade bread. Later some cups of coffee.

Reflections
05-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Fish and chips...good old english meal

Revert 2010
05-04-2011, 10:00 PM
I had a dodgy pasta with tuna ready made to eat from a well known supermarket but it gave me an upset stomach, I had a feeling it was dodgy when I started to sweat profusely and started to pray.

Jalal~
05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
some rice and chicken (aka Bombay Briyani); about to eat some cheetos!
Salams :)

Haya emaan
05-05-2011, 03:55 PM
chicken biryani

Reflections
05-05-2011, 06:44 PM
Goat's liver :/ and some chicken too

peace_maker
05-05-2011, 07:00 PM
Kichidi (lentil rice)

Grace Seeker
05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Realizing that thought I took the high school kids out for lunch, I myself haven't eaten yet today and I'm getting hungry.

elina
05-07-2011, 08:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
Kichidi (lentil rice)

ive never heard of that so googled and it sounds so lovely....think i will have to try it very soon ...thanks for that :)

peace_maker
05-18-2011, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
ive never heard of that so googled and it sounds so lovely....think i will have to try it very soon ...thanks for that :)
Oh, you are welcome.:statisfie

Today, I had cholay batooray.

Woodrow
05-18-2011, 10:06 PM
We managed to get some Halal Chicken in Fargo yesterday, so Today I made Char-Broiled chicken. The bad news is it was not supposed to be Char broiled chicken,I intended to make baked chicken. I set the oven with out having my glasses on and did not realize I set the oven on the self clean setting, until it was too late.
But all came out OK after knocking the burned surface off it tasted fine.

AmineH
05-19-2011, 05:26 AM
salaam

I don't know the name of that in English .

But in Iran we called it Omlet . (A mixture of eggs , tomatoes , salt .)
It is very delicious.

Haya emaan
05-19-2011, 11:19 AM
chiken biryani

ardianto
05-19-2011, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amineh75
salaam

I don't know the name of that in English .

But in Iran we called it Omlet . (A mixture of eggs , tomatoes , salt .)
It is very delicious.
Its English name is Omelet.

Ramadhan
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
We managed to get some Halal Chicken in Fargo yesterday, so Today I made Char-Broiled chicken. The bad news is it was not supposed to be Char broiled chicken,I intended to make baked chicken. I set the oven with out having my glasses on and did not realize I set the oven on the self clean setting, until it was too late.
But all came out OK after knocking the burned surface off it tasted fine.
A famous chef once said, "do not tell your customers what you intended to cook, but tell them what is in their plates"

I guess the quote perfectly applies in situation like yours ;D

Haya emaan
05-30-2011, 07:26 PM
MANGO...

at last mango summer is back... Alhamdulillah:D

peace_maker
06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
^Here too. We have mangoes everyday, thank God.

Tonight... boring ol' poridge and banana shake.

Ramadhan
06-03-2011, 01:51 AM
Mango season is in full swing in Indonesia as well.
I am eating 2-3 mangoes everyday :wub:

Innocent Soul
06-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Is that a mango in your avatar :? Same here in India. I too ate mango today :statisfie.

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 07:30 AM
OOOOps, I just realised I haven't eaten today. I guess I'll see what I can find. Looks like supper tonight is going to be a quick snack of raw veggies.

Ansariyah
06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Lasagna, Greek salad..Home'made strawberry juice.

Hmm!

Haya emaan
06-06-2011, 02:21 PM
potato bhujia..

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
today I am going to start planning what I am going to have for supper and not make the same error I made yesterday.

Ramadhan
06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
I've just finished dinner. It was fried duck, steam rice and sambal. And for dessert I had durian, because it's in season. All in all, a very cholesterol-laden meal.

For those who haven't seen durian fruit:

Woodrow
06-06-2011, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I've just finished dinner. It was fried duck, steam rice and sambal. And for dessert I had durian, because it's in season. All in all, a very cholesterol-laden meal.

For those who haven't seen durian fruit:

Durian is definitely an acquired taste. It is fun to watch somebody taste it for the first time, especially if they have never heard of it.

Ramadhan
06-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Durian is definitely an acquired taste. It is fun to watch somebody taste it for the first time, especially if they have never heard of it.

Very true. I often had my visiting foreign friends trying durian for the first time, and some of them described the texture and the smell of durian in not so printable words.

Beardo
06-06-2011, 04:18 PM
loll, I wonder if they sell Durians here in my neck of the woods.

Mangos are fattening, no?

I had cereal for breakfast. I usually don't. Anyway, I got hungry after an hour so I ate a granola bar. I got hungry again after an hour so I had watermelon. I'm still hungry. :/

Grace Seeker
06-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I have no idea about the content of my meal today. Of only one thing am I assured, the quantity has contributed to me becoming more of a well-rounded person.

sister herb
06-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Just pizza

S_87
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
gonna have a cuppa tea with maybe a few sport biscuits for evening.

for afternoon i had some lovely fish finger sandwiches with salad n tartar sauce inside

Grace Seeker
06-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Had a big fish fry at my church. Lots of fresh crappie. Also french fries, cole slaw, baked beans, and delicious desserts.

Haya emaan
06-13-2011, 06:14 PM
rice with raita and achar

peace_maker
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Pepporoni Pizza and Thyme Pie.

peace_maker
10-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Hommus with pita bread.

~Raindrop~
10-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Goodness, last time I wrote in this thread I had no idea I'd be giving up chicken and turning vegetarian :hmm:

Haya emaan
10-29-2011, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
Hommus with pita bread.
i m missing hommus:(

Revert 2010
10-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Salam, I had a kebab and chips.

Ghazalah
10-29-2011, 11:41 PM
My brother bought home some Asian food home, (Bengali I think) last time I had that it didn't go well with my digestive system :hmm: had chicken wrap instead :p though I've been telling myself to have something light in the evenings :heated:

peace_maker
11-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Spicy chicken and beans curry with pita bread... Actually I din't have it yet, It's going to be my suhoor, inshaallah. :D

Marina-Aisha
11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
minted lamb chops and veg

Haya emaan
11-07-2011, 03:30 PM
bar b Q meat and liver..:p

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM

I had some noodles... Indian Noodles.. Just taste full... Alhamdullillah, These post made me realize that other people out there in the world are deing out of hunger and starvation and allah us chosen us to be fed. Alhamdullaillah!

Innocent Soul
11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
liver..
Same here! :D

sister herb
11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Spaghetti with meat and scipy sause with some vegetables. Now cup of lemon tea...

peace_maker
11-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Crab soup. :yawn:

peace_maker
02-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Fried noodles. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!