/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK Krispy Kremes halal?

Aishath
12-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Assalaamu alaykum,

I bought a doughnut today and decided to look it up to see if it was halal before I ate it. The GMWA website seems to state it as being permissible even though it had alcoholic flavouring in it.

http://www.gmwa.org.uk/foodguide2/?p...uestion&id=238

However, I also came across various blogs and forums where people have states ethyl alcohol is not permissible which is what is found in the doughnuts from what I understand. Please see the link below.

http://www.krispykreme.co.uk/doughnu...ritional-info/

It does say it has no alcohol :S Do you guys (from UK) tend to eat Krispy Kremes?

Thanks for any help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Strzelecki
12-11-2010, 05:02 AM
In Australia they are halal, and in fact have stalls at some Islamic events.

E-mail them?

aadil77
12-11-2010, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
It does say it has no alcohol :S Do you guys (from UK) tend to eat Krispy Kremes?

Thanks for any help
yep, infact alot of the islamic societies at university sell them during fundraising events

Aishath
12-11-2010, 12:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
yep, infact alot of the islamic societies at university sell them during fundraising events

Yeah same here at my uni as well. I figured it would be alright cz of all of that... Plus it does say that most, if not all, alcohol gets evaporated during the cooking of the glazy bit.

I'm so glad :D I love Krispy Kremes! haha they are so bad for you though but so good anyway!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!