/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adhkaar after prayer

Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 04:21 AM
Sheikh Ibn Baaz wrote that the adhkaar after prayer should be recited audible:

... The Sunnah is for the imam, the person who prays on his own and the person who prays behind an imam to recite these adhkaar out loud after every obligatory prayer in a moderate voice that is not too loud, in an ordinary tone. It is proven in al-Saheehayn from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that raising the voice in dhikr when the people have finished the obligatory prayer was what was done at the time of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him). Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I would know that they had finished when I heard that. ... (Fataawa al-Shaykh Ibn Baaz, 11/188-190) Islam Q&A, fatwa no. 131850

But a Sheikh from Jordan told me, before I sent him this fatwa, that adhkaar were never recited audible after prayer. ^o)

Does anyone know? :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أبو سليمان عمر
12-10-2010, 07:55 AM
maybe what the shaykh from jorden meant was like the sufis do it is not allowed but the hadith is clear it is to say it so u alone can hear yourself not so loud that all can hear and everyone does it by them self

Allah knows best

Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Well, how do I say it audible so that the person next to me doesn't hear it? Even if I whisper the person next to me will hear it? :)
How do the Sufi do it?

أبو سليمان عمر
12-10-2010, 11:57 AM
akhi Barak Allah feek just dont yell it insha Allah speak it in a low tone that should be good

i prayed friday at a sufi misjid once not knowing it was and after the salah the imam began and the people followed him they say it all togeather this is not permissable

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 12:02 PM
Ukhti *smile*

Ah, yes, that I know... once I prayed in Masjid, the sisters there recited the adkhar each for themselves but silently. I didn't know at that time, that it should be recited out audible, in a low voice.

أبو سليمان عمر
12-10-2010, 04:37 PM
naam many of us didnt know and many dont know but lets not forget it is Sunnah hence the person is rewarded for doing it to follow the sunnah and no sin on he who doesnt do it

AabiruSabeel
12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Nuha38318

Ah, yes, that I know... once I prayed in Masjid, the sisters there recited the adkhar each for themselves but silently. I didn't know at that time, that it should be recited out audible, in a low voice.
As a general rule in Islam, it is not permissible for the voice of the women to reach the men unless necessary. Therefore, it would be more appropriate for the sisters to recite the adhkar softly if they are praying behind the men in a Masjid.

:w:

Nuha38318
12-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Salam alaikum, Abu Sulayman Umar: ah yes, thank you for the reminder. But should I make them aware of it, even if they don't ask me, why I said them audible?
Aabiru Sabeel: yes, I know that, then I would also not say it audible, but that was in a women's part of the only real mosque in my city, no men there. But what exactly does softly mean? Sorry if the question sounds stupid *worried* shouldn't it then be said quietly, just moving tongue and lips but without sound?

Thank you brothers for your help *smile*

AabiruSabeel
12-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes, softly means the voice should not reach the men. Similar to whisper.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!