/* */

PDA

View Full Version : short attention span

Ummu Sufyaan
12-11-2010, 03:21 AM
:sl:
if one has a short attention span/gets bored eaily when it comes to learning, reading, understanding something, etc what is the cause of this? could it be that they dont understand the material they are learning and/or the material they are learning is presented in a manner they dont understand and so naturally they just tune out?

what is the cause of a short attention span when learning something?

your thoughts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
laaib11
12-11-2010, 11:48 PM
in truth it depends on the childs age firstly, the older kids get the better they can concentrate

I think a child can have poor concentration either because a) material is too easy for them so they dont need to think abt it and get bored or b)its difficult/boring itself and they dont want to concentrate on it!

for the latter, presentation of new concepts is really key. my sister is a techer at an islamic school and often describes a wonderfulyl gifted young girl who has been put a year ahead of her age group because of ehr intelligence, but she is often found doodling or playing with a toy or something when my sister tries to teach a new concept! so a different approach is needed here...

v.interesting post!

any teachers in the house care to share their thots/experienceS?

أحمد
12-11-2010, 11:51 PM
:sl:

Too many factors; either you have to write a book on it, which involves plenty of useless statistics, or you assess the child. The latter gives a better understanding at an individuals level.

:wa:

Innocent Soul
12-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Assalamualaikum

I think everyone needs a break too. We should give them break and at the time of learning we should make them feel that what they are learning is easy and you can learn it easily. The person should try to concentrate. Make the child understand the material and create try to create some interest then say him to learn it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul-Raouf
12-12-2010, 01:50 AM
Topic (Not Aware of the advantage of the listening that topic) || Age || Life Situation or Environment(not much bothered abt world or this thing which is taught is of not much use) || Attitude(What if i dont listen) || Might be health reasons

But sometime...even if none of the above is a concern for the listener

Then i would say the teacher is disturbed by one of the above factor... He or She should teach in an interesting way.

Did i miss any.. good summary of everythin that might affect Listener/Teacher...right ???

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!