/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Koran-protest pastor Terry Jones invited to UK rally

Perseveranze
12-12-2010, 05:09 AM

Campaigners are calling for a controversial US pastor to be banned from entering the UK to share his views on Islam with activists.

Terry Jones attracted condemnation when he threatened to burn copies of the Koran on this year's 9/11 anniversary.

He said his presence at an English Defence League rally in February would be "positive" but he admitted he would preach against "extremist Muslims".

Anti-extremist group Hope Not Hate is urging the home secretary to act.

The EDL said on its Facebook page that the rally in Luton, Bedfordshire, on 5 February would be "our biggest to date". It said Mr Jones would be joining the organisation to "speak out against the evils of Islam".

Mr Jones told BBC 5 Live he had "no intention" of burning the Koran in the UK and said his speech would be "on harmony, on the subject that Muslims are welcome in our country".

He said: "We have no problem with Muslims - we have freedom of speech and religion - Muslims who want to make our country their country, obey our laws and constitution.

"We have a problem with them, which I believe you all have also, when they go on the street... and they call for the death of the UK, for the death of Israel, for the death of America. They call for Sharia law.

"They say they are going to turn Buckingham Palace into a mosque and the Queen must convert to Islam or leave the country."
'Intimidation and division'

Mr Jones admitted that his knowledge of the EDL was "somewhat limited".

"It's only what I know through conversations with them that my office has had and then of course the different material in the internet that they have put out. I would describe them as a group who, I believe, in their words they want England to stay English."

Anti-extremist group Hope not Hate condemned the invitation to Mr Jones and has launched a petition calling on the home secretary to ban him from entering the UK.

Its director Nick Lowles said: "Only extremists will benefit from his visit and, as we know, extremism breeds hatred and hatred breeds violence.

"It is yet another example of how the EDL exists only to sow the seeds of intimidation and division."

A Home Office spokesman said: "We do not routinely comment on individual cases."

Home Secretary Theresa May has the power to exclude an individual from coming to the UK if she considers that the individual's presence here would not be conducive to the public good.

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11977945
Hope this Home Secretary stops him from entering, but I doubt it. I think enough damage is already done with the whole Paranoma program and such, most of the British Public are already against Islam, this is just making things worst - all topled together with lies and misconceptions.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
12-12-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11977945

So Zakir Naik is banned outright, but they need to sit down and think about Terry Jones? :hmm:

This part is also funny:

The EDL said on its Facebook page that the rally in Luton, Bedfordshire, on 5 February would be "our biggest to date". It said Mr Jones would be joining the organisation to "speak out against the evils of Islam".
In his interview a few months ago he said he hasn't even read the Quran, but now he is an expert about "the evils of Islam"?

Muezzin
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Threads merged.

Perseveranze
12-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

What's sad is the big support the guy is getting from the majority of the non-Muslim British public. He is going to enter the UK.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
12-14-2010, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Terry Jones
"They say they are going to turn Buckingham Palace into a mosque and the Queen must convert to Islam or leave the country."
Some people will pull any old nonsense out of their backside for a bit of attention and/or lucrative public speaking fees.

GuestFellow
12-14-2010, 07:24 PM
:sl:

I don't care. Let him come. He has nothing new to say. He is going to repeat the usual rubbish echoed by the mainstream media. EDL and Terry Jones deserve each other and I am quite happy for them to drown in their own hysteria. I hope Muslims do not give him any sort publicity, because that is what he desires.

Muezzin
12-14-2010, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

I don't care. Let him come. He has nothing new to say.
Even if he did, the yobs at the EDL won't really be listening anyway. They'll be straining their meagre mental capacity looking for the nearest copper to attack and the nearest pub in which to get hammered for the sufficient Dutch courage to do so.

أحمد
12-14-2010, 08:22 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11977945

So Zakir Naik is banned outright, but they need to sit down and think about Terry Jones? :hmm:

This part is also funny:

In his interview a few months ago he said he hasn't even read the Quran, but now he is an expert about "the evils of Islam"?
Dr Zakir Naik is an educated person, while this Terryrist Jones is a hate preacher; I see British politicians aren't really interested in banning the real hate preachers.

:wa:

Woodrow
12-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Living here in the USA I am a bit selfish and appreciate any opportunity to get Terry Jones out of the USA, Now if we could only block his returning here if he does go to the UK.

I do feel sorry for the UK if we manage to exile him from the USA, But, I will support the UK in any way I can to help them get him out of the UK as long as we don't have to take him back.

أحمد
12-14-2010, 08:42 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Living here in the USA I am a bit selfish and appreciate any opportunity to get Terry Jones out of the USA, Now if we could only block his returning here if he does go to the UK.

I do feel sorry for the UK if we manage to exile him from the USA, But, I will support the UK in any way I can to help them get him out of the UK as long as we don't have to take him back.
Its possible for even people like Terry, to accept Islam. It reminds me of the story of Thumamah bin Uthal, who set out "to kill" the Prophet :saws1:, and eventually accepted Islam himself, and even went to Makkah, shouting praise to Allah. The Makkan people beat him, and released him upon finding out who he is.

aadil77
12-14-2010, 10:31 PM
actually the EDL have revoked their invitation, they don't want him to come anymore because he's said things against homo's and jews

Mike3449
12-15-2010, 01:39 AM
Who cares about this person? He wanted to burn a book. So what?

People are blowing themselves up because of their belief in Islam. That seems to me to be a much bigger problem.

Can we discuss that?

Dagless
12-15-2010, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
actually the EDL have revoked their invitation, they don't want him to come anymore because he's said things against homo's and jews
Thanks for the update. I read it on bbcnews earlier, it was quite funny.

جوري
12-15-2010, 03:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mike3449
Can we discuss that?

go discuss it with your friend terry :)

all the best

Muezzin
12-15-2010, 08:20 AM

People are blowing themselves up because of their belief in Islam. That seems to me to be a much bigger problem.

Can we discuss that?
In another, existing, thread, sure you can. Just use the search function.

aadil77
12-15-2010, 09:21 AM

Can we discuss that?
Does that mean we should ignore the issue?

أحمد
12-15-2010, 03:48 PM

Can we discuss that?
You maybe surprised, but we as Muslims are against both- suicide, and the killing of innocents.

An extract of one of my earlier posts:
Killing the innocent is haraam, which is one point that people sometimes fail to realise. So, when they think they've finally woken up; they've actually "lost the plot", and have failed to recognise Islam.
If you've noticed, its the websites run by non-Muslims, which praise the killing of innocent people, and they attribute it to Islam. Unfortunately, those are the sites, which get the top hits on google. The reason is that, more people are interested fantastic lies, than in plain truth.

Perseveranze
12-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Can we discuss that?
Asalaamu Alaikum,

And do you think by allowing people like Terry to hate Preach against Islam is going to help that problem lol? I think you need to realise that extremists rise best out of situations like these.

Worst of all, I am sure if the hate was against any other religion like it is against Islam, it too would form extremists. If their country was being invaded, it too would form extremists. But people don't like to think or ever mention that.

Islam is perfect, people aren't.

SafaAuditore
12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
I hate this guy. But what’s even worse is how the people who listen to him agree completely without consideration – no matter what he says, no matter how stupid.
He was like, “Yea, but Islam is not a religion” and everyone cheered. That’s like if you were to kill an entire family, and when asked why you did that, you’d answer, “Yea, but they weren’t human beings”, and everything would be alright.
It really angers me that NOBODY sees the wrong in his words. Like, he has absolutely no evidence backing up his statements. He just blurts out random things, and the other racists cheer for him, agreeing with the crap coming out of his mouth.

Regarding the Muslims blowing themselves up…that’s also stupid. We REAL Muslims can’t even step on ants and kill them. We REAL muslims know that God said, If you kill one man, it’s as if you’ve just killed all of mankind, and if you rescue one man, it’s as if you’ve just rescued all of mankind. That’s what we follow. The psycho’s that blow themselves up are pretty much brainwashed by evil devils in whatever country they skulk in. They’re taken advantage of by evil people, who use their poverty and desperation against them and tell them that they’ll be “rewarded” for it. That’s a lie. When we commit suicide, we go through the pain over and over and over again for the rest of eternity. Killing the “kuffar” isn’t any different. They’re killing innocent people for absolutely no reason. They’re even killing other Muslims. This isn’t the way of Islam this is just blind religion that goes under the name of Islam because they don’t really understand what islam is!

أحمد
12-15-2010, 05:06 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
I hate this guy. But what’s even worse is how the people who listen to him agree completely without consideration – no matter what he says, no matter how stupid.
He was like, “Yea, but Islam is not a religion” and everyone cheered. That’s like if you were to kill an entire family, and when asked why you did that, you’d answer, “Yea, but they weren’t human beings”, and everything would be alright.
It really angers me that NOBODY sees the wrong in his words. Like, he has absolutely no evidence backing up his statements. He just blurts out random things, and the other racists cheer for him, agreeing with the crap coming out of his mouth.

Regarding the Muslims blowing themselves up…that’s also stupid. We REAL Muslims can’t even step on ants and kill them. We REAL muslims know that God said, If you kill one man, it’s as if you’ve just killed all of mankind, and if you rescue one man, it’s as if you’ve just rescued all of mankind. That’s what we follow. The psycho’s that blow themselves up are pretty much brainwashed by evil devils in whatever country they skulk in. They’re taken advantage of by evil people, who use their poverty and desperation against them and tell them that they’ll be “rewarded” for it. That’s a lie. When we commit suicide, we go through the pain over and over and over again for the rest of eternity. Killing the “kuffar” isn’t any different. They’re killing innocent people for absolutely no reason. They’re even killing other Muslims. This isn’t the way of Islam this is just blind religion that goes under the name of Islam because they don’t really understand what islam is!
That's the very problem within some of the western society; whenever innocent people are killed in Iraq, or other coutries- its not even considered worth mentioning, but when one brave soldier dies, while slaughtering many innocents; it makes the headlines.

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 05:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

That's the very problem within some of the western society; whenever innocent people are killed in Iraq, or other coutries- its not even considered worth mentioning, but when one brave soldier dies, while slaughtering many innocents; it makes the headlines.

Some members of the public care more about the soldiers than the civilians. I know some people claim they are against the war but support the troops? That does not make any sense. The government plans and starts the wars and the troops put those plans into practice.

Dagless
12-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Some members of the public care more about the soldiers than the civilians. I know some people claim they are against the war but support the troops? That does not make any sense. The government plans and starts the wars and the troops put those plans into practice.

Endymion
12-15-2010, 06:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

Terryrist Jones
:lol:

I think he is just a little attention seeker.Just ignore him and others like him.They will die their selves :statisfie

P.s for Terry.
Hey,i studied Psychology when i was in college,i think i can help you :)

Perseveranze
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Speaking about the EDL, this is their views on "Islam" -

SafaAuditore
12-15-2010, 09:01 PM
^ hahaha
Also don't wish him death lool wish that god guides him to the liiight or whatever u guys usually say...or just that god grants him with a half brain =)

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I think Terry Jones is nothing but a big FAIL simple as that.
His actions aren't even what Christians would call "Christian like" and he is just a pot calling the kettle black.

I know some people claim they are against the war but support the troops? That does not make any sense.
I'm against the war but I support the troops simply bc I have family in the military and I wish for their safety just as much as I want safety for my brothers/sisters in Islam that are terrorized and innocently killed.

The government plans and starts the wars and the troops put those plans into practice.
thats true but they have taken an oath and could get into serious trouble if they fail to carry out the actions that the government has told them....

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 10:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mila

I'm against the war but I support the troops simply bc I have family in the military and I wish for their safety just as much as I want safety for my brothers/sisters in Islam that are terrorized and innocently killed.

Well there is a difference between support and wishing not for the troops to get hurt. No one wants anyone to get killed from both sides. That is why people oppose war from the beginning. I may not support the troops but I don't want them to get killed either.

thats true but they have taken an oath and could get into serious trouble if they fail to carry out the actions that the government has told them....
Yes, I understand the dilemma they are in.

glo
12-15-2010, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

What's sad is the big support the guy is getting from the majority of the non-Muslim British public. He is going to enter the UK.
Getting support from the "majority of the non-Muslim British public"???
Can you please state the source where you got this information from?

Terry Jones was invited (and has since be un-invited) by the EDL, which boasts an active membership of 300-500 people. You call that a "majority of the non-Muslim British public"?

I am sure that the vast majority of the non-Muslim public would wish to have nothing to do with either Terry Jones or the EDL. Both are hateful and spiteful and would do nothing to further and improve to our society.

Thankfully the EDL found Jones too racist and homophobic to be associated with!
I was ready to paint a poster and join the protests.

Ansariyah
12-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Let him come, nothing he says or wants to do is new to us. We are not shocked or surprised.

Maryan0
12-16-2010, 12:36 AM
How can anyone take this man seriously? he looks like such a simpleton. Why do we even give these people the time of day. There will always those who try to bring Islam down they existed during the time of the prophet they exist today and will most likely exist in the future.
Salam

Mike3449
12-26-2010, 01:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique

You can't step on an ant? When did that happen?

From what I understand Muslims practice animal sacrifice. The celebration of Eid al-Adha.

aadil77
12-26-2010, 01:27 PM

From what I understand Muslims practice animal sacrifice. The celebration of Eid al-Adha.
lol, you can step on ants, I think the sister has got the wrong idea from a story involving a party of ants

Mike3449
12-26-2010, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
How can anyone take this man seriously? he looks like such a simpleton. Why do we even give these people the time of day. There will always those who try to bring Islam down they existed during the time of the prophet they exist today and will most likely exist in the future.
Salam
No one does take him seriously.

The Media just wanted to hype this guy. He has like 40 followers and is the perfect crazy Christian for them to highlight. Probably Conservative too.

The Rev. Wright, Obama's Pastor... is a complete Madman, but the Media did not really shine too bright a light on him because he actually was a Leftist like them.

They did not really count on all the consequences of their actions. Which the Left never ever do. But, the Media would never have given this guy the time of day if he was a Leftist. Never would have heard of him.

Mike3449
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol, you can step on ants, I think the sister has got the wrong idea from a story involving a party of ants

I tell ya... Did you ever wonder what it meant to believe in God?

Perseveranze
12-26-2010, 03:20 PM
I tell ya... Did you ever wonder what it meant to believe in God?
Asalaamu Alaikum(peace be with you)

Everyone must have wondered before their belief in God became firm, it's not a "from today I will believe in God for the sake of it" thing.

And for those that make their belief firm -

"There is no compulsion in religion, for the right way is clearly from the wrong way. Whoever therefore rejects the forces of evil and believes in God, he has taken hold of a support most unfailing, which shall never give way, for God is All Hearing and Knowing." [2:256]

Muezzin
12-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Was this post intended to completely miss the point of that which it is quoting?

Anyway, I believe the point Gothique was making is that true Muslims are peace-loving and non-violent, you know, that they 'wouldn't hurt a fly'. After all, we are taught that killing one person is like killing all of humanity.

Unless you're arguing Eid al Adha is a slippery slope ending in ripping people's hearts out to offer to the sun, or something.

M.I.A.
12-26-2010, 05:41 PM
maybe a group of muslims should invite him over and host him for some debate, that is if we could do this without killing the poor man.

Muezzin
12-26-2010, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
maybe a group of muslims should invite him over and host him for some debate, that is if we could do this without killing the poor man.
Neither he nor Geert Wilders deserve killing. All they need is a decent barber.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!