/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salam

Sigma
12-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Assalamua'laikum Brothers and Sisters in Islam and in Humanity,

The last month or so has been a very turbulent time for me in terms of my personal beliefs. Many doubts had crept into my mind and i was posed questions which i could not answer. Alhamdullilah, after many days of browsing the web for information and answers to my queries i feel finally at peace. This is due to the wonderful resources this forum as well as a few others (one of them being Islamic-life) provide and i wish people who contribute to this forum all the best for placing them where all can see. Anyway, thats my story and i look forward to contributing to this forum. But, i think i'll be staying away fromany debates as i'm mentally worn out after reading through countless debates and refutations. There's only so much philosophical debate a 16 year old mind can take!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
12-12-2010, 06:33 PM
:w:

So you can go well with us, Inshallah.

Welcome on board! Wish you a nice and beneficial stay here, akhee :)

CosmicPathos
12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
sigma: what sort of philosophical debates you were participating in?

Sigma
12-12-2010, 08:10 PM
It was on a student forum (The Student Room) which has some very clever atheists and apostates in it. There were debates on the problem of hell ("finite" sin and infinite punishment), the origin of the universe and issues pertaining to sharia law. TSR (the forum) is predominantly atheists but there are some very good brothers on there too clearing misconceptions. But Islam is under constant attack on those forums ranging from silly arguements to deeper debates (which were the ones that cast doubts in my mind).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sawdah
12-12-2010, 08:16 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums, brother. I hope you enjoy your stay here, inshaAllah.

:w:

Rafeeq
12-13-2010, 05:58 AM
Welcome to IB and hope, you will have fun here at a lot of beneficial knowledge exchanging hub

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!