/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye (for a little while)

IAmZamzam
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm beginning to get some kind of tendonitis or, heaven forbid, carpal tunnel syndrome. (That 7,000-word recent article of mine probably didn't help my condition much either, though when I wrote it there was hardly a problem.) My dad (who is a doctor) said that I should type a lot less for at least a week or so. I therefore must suspend my board interaction until I can type comfortably again, so for probably at least a week or so, salaam and good afternoon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
أحمد
12-12-2010, 08:51 PM
:sl:

May Allah grant you cure, and full recovery, :amin:

:wa:

Alpha Dude
12-12-2010, 09:07 PM
^ Ameen.

Take care and salam. :)

Yanal
12-12-2010, 09:29 PM
:sl: Brother,

Ameen to the du'as. Insha'Allaah you will be back before you know it:).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
May Allah Ta'ala give you a quick and full recovery insha-Allah!

Ansariyah
12-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Ameen to all the above duas, take care InshaAllah.

Woodrow
12-13-2010, 12:56 AM

Ameen to all of the Du'as. May your recovery be speedy and allow you to return to posting soon. But, do not rush, be certain it is safe for you and will not hinder your healing

CosmicPathos
12-13-2010, 01:23 AM
most probably ulnar nerve compression (also called student elbow). perhaps olecranon bursitis? perhaps too much compression of median nerve..... do you see any muscle atrophy in your hand? such as thenar muscles or first and second lumbricals?

sorry.

may Allah give you a speedy recovery if so He wills.

Pygoscelis
12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Heal well and we look forward to your return.

Endymion
12-14-2010, 08:56 AM
May Allah swt bless you with health and you will never find any difficulty in your life.Amen.

Farewell :)

IAmZamzam
12-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Thanks, guys. But it looks like I'm going to have to lay low again, maybe for longer this time. Turns out I do have carpal tunnel, and for weeks now I'm going to have to keep typing to a bare minimum. A little here and there, but I daren't do much.

Hamza Asadullah
12-26-2010, 02:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Thanks, guys. But it looks like I'm going to have to lay low again, maybe for longer this time. Turns out I do have carpal tunnel, and for weeks now I'm going to have to keep typing to a bare minimum. A little here and there, but I daren't do much.
Asalaamu Alaikum, consider the following:

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, when people who have suffered affliction are given their reward, those who are healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world."(Al-Tirmidhi #1570)

Therefore my brother know that you will be expiated for your pain as long as you are patient and put your hope and faith in Allah. May Allah give you shifa. Ameen

For your pain:

It was narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas that he complained to the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a pain in his body that he had suffered from the time he became Muslim. The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Put your hand on the part of the body that hurts and say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) three times. And say seven times: A’oodhu Billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajid wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge in Allaah and His power from the evil of what I feel and worry about).”

Narrated by Muslim, 2202.

2 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that when the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to a sick person or a sick person was brought to him, he would say: “Adhhib al-ba’s Rabb an-naas, wa’shfi anta al-Shaafi, laa shifaa’a illa shifaa’uka shifaa’an laa yughaadir saqaman

(Take away the pain, O Lord of mankind, and grant healing, for You are the Healer, and there is no healing but Your healing that leaves no trace of sickness).”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5351, Muslim, 2191.

Hope this thread helps:

How we can get through hardships and trials in our lives

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...our-lives.html

IAmZamzam
12-26-2010, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
It was narrated from ‘Uthmaan ibn Abi’l-‘Aas that he complained to the Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a pain in his body that he had suffered from the time he became Muslim. The Messenger of Allaah

(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him: “Put your hand on the part of the body that hurts and say Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah) three times. And say seven times: A’oodhu Billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri ma ajid wa uhaadhir (I seek refuge in Allaah and His power from the evil of what I feel and worry about).”
Have done! Thanks.

I'm not as good or sincere a believer as you think, but I can only hope that I'm being expiated.

IAmZamzam
02-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Sorry, but my dad just told me that I'm going to have to stop typing altogether (not even a single post a day, I mean) until my fingers are better or else they'll remain half-healed...I don't know, for the rest of my life as far as I can tell. So again, goodbye for now. Bless you.

Ramadhan
02-10-2011, 10:55 AM
May Allah SWT gives you syifa and your fingers healed in no time. amiin.

Muhammad
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
May Allaah (swt) give you complete shifaa and allow there to be no trace of illness left, Aameen.

Be patient and Insha'Allaah your fingers will heal quickly and you can continue posting again. :)

Amat Allah
02-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon His Messenger; Muhammad Bin Abdillah...

May Allah grant you speedy shifaa and keep you healthy happy pleased and close to Him always and forever and May Allah fill your heart my respected brother with the endless Sabir, Taqwaa, Imaan, His rememberance peace, comfort, happiness and satisfaction...

I ask Allaah The Supreme, Lord of the magnificent throne to cure you

O Lord of the people, remove our brother`s pain and cure him, You are the One Who cures and there is no one besides You who can cure, grant him such a cure that no illness remains...

Praise be to Allah and peace and blessings of Allah be upon His Messenger; Muhammad Bin Abdillah...

Ameeeeeeeen

May Allah honor you and elevate your status in this life and in the hereafter and all the Ummah Ameeen

leaving you my noble brother, my precious family of IB and my Ummah under Allah`s sight care and protection...

With all my respect and humility; your sister:

Amat Allah

Eric H
02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Yahya Sulaiman;

For about five years I had terrible pains in both my hands, if I massaged them for about half an hour in the morning, and did some backwards stretching with my fingers, I could just about use a pen by 10 am. I then fell over and bumped my back, and could hardly walk, so I went to an osteopath, he straightened my back and neck out, and that cured my hands, but the docors had not been able too.

The chances are if you are spending so long on the computer, you are haunched over and will have a bad posture, sitting properly and taking regular breaks will also help, but these things take time. I would advice looking up some stretching exercises, because you can help carpal tunnel.

Every blessing

Eric

GuestFellow
02-10-2011, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
Sorry, but my dad just told me that I'm going to have to stop typing altogether (not even a single post a day, I mean) until my fingers are better or else they'll remain half-healed...I don't know, for the rest of my life as far as I can tell. So again, goodbye for now. Bless you.

As soon as you feel better, come back.

^ Once your hands are fully healed, use the above. Your hands will get stronger...mine did. :/

Endymion
02-10-2011, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amat Allah

May Allah grant you speedy shifaa and keep you healthy happy pleased and close to Him always and forever and May Allah fill your heart my respected brother with the endless Sabir, Taqwaa, Imaan, His rememberance peace, comfort, happiness and satisfaction...

O Lord of the people, remove our brother`s pain and cure him, You are the One Who cures and there is no one besides You who can cure, grant him such a cure that no illness remains...

Ameeeeeeeen

May Allah honor you and elevate your status in this life and in the hereafter and all the Ummah Ameeen

leaving you my noble brother, my precious family of IB and my Ummah under Allah`s sight care and protection...

With all my respect and humility; your sister:

Amat Allah
Amat Allah This is soooo nice of you.I love this post and Amen to every bit of it :statisfie

Yahya,its truly great to see you around.Your writings are no doubt amazing but the most important thing is to see you happy,healthy and safe.Im sure you will be alright soon as there are so many to pray for you :) Allah swt now have an international pressure to bless you with health :p
May he swt bless you with health,happiness and success in both Dunyah and Aakhirah and never any grief or sorrow come near to you.I also pray that your activities will be Prayer and Quran during this time and not Movies :p
God bless you :)

IAmZamzam
02-19-2011, 06:04 AM
The movie stuff isn't even allowed here, at least for me in particular. [comment removed]

Right now I'm planning God willing on an early April comeback, say the 2nd or so, maybe the 3rd. WITH, by the way, a very special treat for you. A sequel to my popular Hawaii blog, this time a Bahamas blog. I'l sure I'll be up to it by then and even if not, nevertheless I want to do it. Till then, Allah bless you all! And may the Force be with you and all that crud (HA, movie reference, deal)!

Endymion
02-20-2011, 12:18 PM
Whaoo that would be a special treat for sure :rock:
I love reading Travel Diaries :D And i have found two of your threads (on UI) regarding this.The one you mention,the 4000th post project and the other one related to it "The 3000th post project".I will be done with them before you come back with the Bahamas Diary :D
Have a great time :)

P.S.Why dont you start a blog ^o) (In spite of i like reading these diaries over here).

IAmZamzam
03-19-2011, 03:25 AM
Here’s a sneak peak at what you can expect, God willing, to find in my blog, now that we know in more detail the specifics of our upcoming voyage and its activities:

In a few days my parents and I will be sailing from a port in Miami, Florida on a Royal Caribbean cruise which will take us to several different cays. This will be my third ever trip to Florida, the first time being when we went to Orlando to visit Disneyworld and EPCOT Center when I was five or so, the second being when we went to Panama City in March 1992, when I was eight. I imagine that the Bahamas has both of those places beat, but time will have to tell. It’ll certainly be the first time I’ve been to the Caribbean, and only the second time (the first being the Hawaii trip that this blog will be a sequel to) that I’ll ever traveled to a territory outside of the continental U.S. mainland.

The majority of our time will, of course, be spent aboard the cruise ship, yet we will also spend eight hours in Key West, eleven in Nassau, and nine in Cococay. Then it’s back to Miami.

My parents are the ones with the camera and they might be as protective about letting me link to their pictures as they were after the Hawaii trip, but we’re trying to figure something out—maybe along the lines of e-mailing pictures (including perhaps pics from the Hawaii trip as well) to anyone who requests it and give me their e-mail address. Until we can work something out—and in case we can’t—here are some pictures of the ship we’re going to be on:

The exterior

The pool

Interior #1

Interior #2

Interior #3

The dining hall

We will be staying in a junior suite, which looks like this.

Now, for the most part our activities on the islands are going to have to be improvised and I can’t wait to find out what interesting restaurants and tourist attractions they have in the Bahamas. But we have booked a few excursions and here are Royal Caribbean’s own video montages of them if you want footage. In Key West we are going to go on the Old Town Trolley Tour of the island, and after that we go to the aquarium and Shipwreck Museum. (Try as I might I cannot find a video for this one, although I know it was there before. Maybe they took it down due to being booked solid or something.) in Nassau we’ll be going on the Nassau Sightseeing & Ardastra Gardens tour. In Cococay we’ll take a glass bottom boat ride. Expect a full report of each and every one of these adventures. You may also expect, God willing, a full account of my encounters with all the following amenities aboard the cruise ship:

* The dining hall seen above.
* The library.
* The pool and whirlpool.
* The gym and track.
* The video arcade.
* The Johnny Rockets. It’s been so long since I’ve eaten at one of those lovable 50’s throwbacks that I’m overjoyed there’s one on the ship.
* Possibly the theater. That one’s still up in the air.
* The shops.
* What kind of programs they have on the closed-circuit TV system, and just possibly their movie service.

Really, I do think it likely that I’ll end up just wandering the whole vessel and reporting on everything I see.

Given that internet access aboard the ship is charged by the minute it is unlikely that I’ll be able to post the blog in real time as I did in Honolulu. Probably I’ll have to transcribe my diary entries a day or two after I’m back. Expect it sometime in the first few days of April.

I consider it my duty to those who don’t have the opportunity to take such a fantastic trip as this to describe and detail it so vividly that they can see it, hear it, smell it for themselves as when they read a well written novel. I want you to be right there with me—and I request, of course, that you pray I have a safe voyage.

Eric H
03-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Yahya Sulaiman;

Sounds like you are going to have a good time, hope your hand is recovering.

Take care

Eric

Ramadhan
03-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Enjoy your holiday!
Cant wait to read your diaries blog and photos.

Au revoir!

Snowflake
03-19-2011, 02:39 PM
May Allah heal your condition and grant you a healthy pious life. Ameen.

When I had carpal tunnel, my doctor gave me splints similar to these to wear. Al hamdulillah they were extremely beneficial and very comfortable to wear.

http://www.drfoot.co.uk/acatalog/Car..._Syndrome.html

Endymion
03-19-2011, 02:48 PM
WoW those pictures of the Cruise Ship are stunning :awesome: Made me a little Jealous :ermm:

Have a safe and exciting Journey :statisfie

P.S.
I read about your book and your conversion story.That was amazing :thumbs_up I have a few questions,will ask you when you come back Inshallah :statisfie

IAmZamzam
03-19-2011, 03:39 PM
I have splints, Amatur, although they're not as comfortable as those look.

IAmZamzam
04-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Just wanted to let you know I'm back safely. We're out of indomethacin and I'm having to take meloxicam in the interim, so until I'm back on the former I don't feel confident in transcribing a half-full notebook, so it might be a few days. It's possible I'll be able to get the photos up on the web sooner but there are still variables.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!