/* */

PDA

View Full Version : beheshti darwaza

innocent
12-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Ive just seen something on ary news where there are crowds of people at a darbar trying to get through a doorway to heaven. Whats that all about?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nature
12-13-2010, 09:40 AM
:sl:

I hardly watch ARY, but im interested to hear about the darbar things. Are they part of islam ? they have a lot of these places in pakistan, & usually, theres old tombs in there that people go to pray ? is that islamic ?

wat about the guys that are dressed in them green turban things, singing ? I thought that was part of the same thing ?

I would be interested to know too.

Rafeeq
12-13-2010, 09:57 AM
Dear Sisters in Islam,

Salam U Elikum,

When we would like to study a religion, we go and study books and scuptures of that religion on which the religion is based. Similarly, if you want to find what Islam says about such activities, just go through the Quran. Very simple, you will find the truth.

May Allah guide all of us to the right path.

tigerkhan
12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Salam U Elikum,
plz if MOD make this on smileys...i hope it will be easy to greet other members with this dua.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nature
12-13-2010, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
Similarly, if you want to find what Islam says about such activities, just go through the Quran. Very simple, you will find the truth.
:sl:

I dont know thats why i asked, i presume the other sister was curious too. are we not allowed to ask questions o this forum ? most of the things they do in my community are cultural, but they pass of as religion, i just wanted clarification, thats all.

:wa:

aadil77
12-13-2010, 03:38 PM
they're extreme sufi activities which have no place in islam

you cannot pray to someone in their grave, its pure shirk

~Raindrop~
12-13-2010, 03:48 PM
I've never heard of a 'doorway to Heaven' right here on Earth :ermm: If only it was so easy to get in!

nature
12-13-2010, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
they're extreme sufi activities which have no place in islam

you cannot pray to someone in their grave, its pure shirk
jazkhallah. I didnt think they were anything to do with islam. theres darbars scattered everywhere in pakistan. although i did kinda say to a relative not so long back, that i didnt believe in all that stuff, i got a look, followed by " you dont know wat your talking about " LOL. Ive asked this question a few times to people in the community, they say its religion ? Ive seen it also in wedding films, where the baraat actually pays a visit to a darbaar, before and says a prayer ? I presume its somehow come from culture.

aadil77
12-13-2010, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nature
I presume its somehow come from culture.
yep, hindu culture

Rafeeq
12-13-2010, 04:33 PM
In India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, many things we do culturely and describe as religion where as islam is far from what we do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!