/* */

PDA

View Full Version : any sister's in California?

Grofica
12-13-2010, 08:57 PM
I posted this under general because I know that not all the sisters have reached enough posts to be in the sisters section.

I was wondering if there are any sisters in California, I would like to go shopping and there isnt any place to shop out here in vegas but i have heard there are plenty of markets for clothing in LA... anyone know where to go?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-13-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm a brother and I find it sort of sexist how you just go straight to the sisters... It's sort of like me saying "Brothers, I need help in Math/Science."

But there are quite a few LA sisters here to my knowledge. :)

Anyhow, I live in California. In the LA area... There's a few outlets you may be interested in. But I mean, there's always random stores like Kohls. Lake Elsinore has a nice outlet. There's another outlet called Citadel Outlet, another Outlet in Palm Springs...

Yeah. Las Vegas has one called Barstow, right?

Unfortunately, I've been to all of the above mentioned outlets. x_x I'm tired of walking into corningware shops with my mom. :l

Grofica
12-13-2010, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I'm a brother and I find it sort of sexist how you just go straight to the sisters... It's sort of like me saying "Brothers, I need help in Math/Science."

But there are quite a few LA sisters here to my knowledge. :)

Anyhow, I live in California. In the LA area... There's a few outlets you may be interested in. But I mean, there's always random stores like Kohls. Lake Elsinore has a nice outlet. There's another outlet called Citadel Outlet, another Outlet in Palm Springs...

Yeah. Las Vegas has one called Barstow, right?

Unfortunately, I've been to all of the above mentioned outlets. x_x I'm tired of walking into corningware shops with my mom. :l
Sorry i didnt mean anything bad by asking for sisters specifically i just didnt think many of the brothers here would know where to buy some nice hijabs and other female clothing...

(blushing)

actually there is no place to buy islamic clothing in Vegas. :-( i asked some of the sisters at the mosque and they all said they go to Cali but most of them are so busy no one has the time to make the drive. so i thought i would check here... Islamicboard has always been good to me :-)

Beardo
12-13-2010, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grofica
Sorry i didnt mean anything bad by asking for sisters specifically i just didnt think many of the brothers here would know where to buy some nice hijabs and other female clothing...

(blushing)

actually there is no place to buy islamic clothing in Vegas. :-( i asked some of the sisters at the mosque and they all said they go to Cali but most of them are so busy no one has the time to make the drive. so i thought i would check here... Islamicboard has always been good to me :-)
OOOH ISLAMIC CLOTHING!! You should have said that!

lol, I was just pulling your leg btw.

But yeah, there's a few stores, and here are their website links:
http://www.al-farah.com/?gclid=CLeMm...FRE3gwodcz1GeA

http://www.al-anwarfashion.com/catalog/

their addresses should be there. :) Can't think of anything else on the top of my head. If you're looking for Desi/Indian clothing, there's always Artesia...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grofica
12-13-2010, 10:18 PM
not bad prices on some of it... there is supposed to be some market place where the outfits and hijabs are cheap...

Beardo
12-14-2010, 06:50 AM
not bad prices on some of it... there is supposed to be some market place where the outfits and hijabs are cheap...
I'm 95% sure you're referring to Al-Anwar. That owner gives things for free. He's also very cheap. Don't be fooled by the site prices. I speak for both stores when I say it's cheaper in person, especially after you negotiate. And also, Al-Anwar is cheapest. But Al-Farah quality is good mashallah. :)

Hayaa
12-14-2010, 11:10 PM
Marketplace? You can get nice hijabs at reasonable prices at the swapmeet/flea market if that's what you mean. :hmm:

Grofica
12-14-2010, 11:16 PM
where is that???? i think the last time i was anywhere near LA it was about 20 years ago. :-(

ya.azad
12-15-2010, 03:57 AM
theres also this new AMAZING invention I was hearing about
it was called the "interweb" or something like that. apparently you access it on a "computer"?, not sure. Might want to check that out too.

:D

Beardo
12-15-2010, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya.azad
theres also this new AMAZING invention I was hearing about
it was called the "interweb" or something like that. apparently you access it on a "computer"?, not sure. Might want to check that out too.

:D
Wait, where is that located? :S Is it in California? ^o)

ya.azad
12-15-2010, 04:34 AM
yeah the guy who told me about it said it was up near san jose, which coincidentally also has some freaking awesome Persian food.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!