PDA

View Full Version : Best vacation spots for muslim couples plz?



Taqiyah
12-14-2010, 05:56 PM
aSALAMA ALAYKUM,

I posted this same threat last night but I can't find it anywhere^o)
Anyways alhamdulilah I got married this past summer and because I was taking some summer courses at my university, my husband and I didn't get a chance to get away, take a break from school and just have fun. So inshallaah we have decided to go on a vacation this upcoming spring or maybe summer we haven't completeley decided yet. If we go with Summer we can be away for more than a month but with Spring we can only be away for two weeks. My husband wants us to go to Hawaii but I want somewhere more muslim friendly like somewhere in a muslim country. Of course I don't want it to be too hot or too cold, I also want a private indoor pool/hottub and if at all possible a private beach:p(I am allowed to dream right!). I want somewhere I can feel very comfortable to have fun and don't want naked people running around doing God knows what+o( We want a place with a lot of fun activies and tours and definately has a beach, beautiful weather and great shopping malls with muslim women clothing of course. By the way how hot is Dubai?? I would very much appreciate any suggestions and would love anyone to share their vacation experiences with me, mention the place, cost and if you would recommend it to us.

JazakaAllah khayr in advance...
salaaaam:D
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Grofica
12-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Dubai is beautiful.... in the summer its not so much the heat that is bad its the humidity... i have been there a TON of times... you know turkey is also really nice. Amman Jordon is gorgeous! there are lots of places...
Reply

Taqiyah
12-14-2010, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Grofica
Dubai is beautiful.... in the summer its not so much the heat that is bad its the humidity... i have been there a TON of times... you know turkey is also really nice. Amman Jordon is gorgeous! there are lots of places...
Thank you sis. But I heard from many people that Amman is insanely hot!^o)isn't that true??
Reply

Grofica
12-14-2010, 10:43 PM
its nothing compared to the humidity in Dubai. during the summer months. Early Spring or Late Fall are the best times to go to Dubai the weather is amazing!!!!! sunny, crisp air, not too hot not anywhere near cold. its perfect! there are a few spots you would want to avoid... its like any other major city... there is smut there too but there are many many many normal places that are beautiful. in June dubai is too hot... think 110-115 with humidity worse than Atlanta or Houston if you have been either place...

Turkey is nice and quite a bit cooler. Istanbul is HUGE! It wasn't really that bad in terms of heat...
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Taqiyah
12-14-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Grofica
its nothing compared to the humidity in Dubai. during the summer months. Early Spring or Late Fall are the best times to go to Dubai the weather is amazing!!!!! sunny, crisp air, not too hot not anywhere near cold. its perfect! there are a few spots you would want to avoid... its like any other major city... there is smut there too but there are many many many normal places that are beautiful. in June dubai is too hot... think 110-115 with humidity worse than Atlanta or Houston if you have been either place...

Turkey is nice and quite a bit cooler. Istanbul is HUGE! It wasn't really that bad in terms of heat...
I absolutely hate humidity I always have trouble breathing leave alone enjoying myself:heated: I will definatley look into Turkey do you know of specific tourist spots within Turkey I can look into?
Reply

Grofica
12-14-2010, 11:03 PM
there are thousands... turkey is rich in history and beauty... there is soooo much to see. but if you have your heart set on dubai just move up your plans a bit and go in march or early april...
Reply

Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Originally Posted by Taqiyah
aSALAMA ALAYKUM,

I posted this same threat last night but I can't find it anywhere^o)
Anyways alhamdulilah I got married this past summer and because I was taking some summer courses at my university, my husband and I didn't get a chance to get away, take a break from school and just have fun. So inshallaah we have decided to go on a vacation this upcoming spring or maybe summer we haven't completeley decided yet. If we go with Summer we can be away for more than a month but with Spring we can only be away for two weeks. My husband wants us to go to Hawaii but I want somewhere more muslim friendly like somewhere in a muslim country. Of course I don't want it to be too hot or too cold, I also want a private indoor pool/hottub and if at all possible a private beach:p(I am allowed to dream right!). I want somewhere I can feel very comfortable to have fun and don't want naked people running around doing God knows what+o( We want a place with a lot of fun activies and tours and definately has a beach, beautiful weather and great shopping malls with muslim women clothing of course. By the way how hot is Dubai?? I would very much appreciate any suggestions and would love anyone to share their vacation experiences with me, mention the place, cost and if you would recommend it to us.

JazakaAllah khayr in advance...
salaaaam:D
Asalaamu Alaikum, i would recommend to you Morroco with a doubt. I have been Dubai several times and it is only big flashy buildings and nothing else. No culture, history, no beautiful scenery apart from the desert. The beach in Jumeira has a lot of naked women so not appropriate for Muslims at all. Dubai is not what you think it is trust me. After a couple of days there you just get bored. Yes it has got a couple of nice shopping malls but the prices are SO expensive it is just not worth it. But Morroco has got it all. It is a truly beautiful place. Essaouira is a lovely beach which is not too far from Marrakech and you won't see naked women running around there like in the beaches of Dubai.

Stay in Marrakech as a base and from there you can travel to the coast and to the amazing atlas mountains with its breathtakingly beautiful scenery and to other areas to. When i was in Morroco i was thinking when i get married i would definatley bring my wife here. It is very romantic. On top of that it is full of history, culture, just to wonder around the streets and souks. The houses there are so distinctive and beautiful as is much of Morroco.

Another big bonus is that everything is so cheap in Morroco. I would go around February, March time and no later as it gets really hot beyond March. Turkey is also beautiful around Fethiye region but i would say go for Morroco and you will not be dissapointed. It has so much natural beauty Subhanallah. I have travelled to a lot of Muslim countries but Morroco is still at the top of my list and would love to go back inshallah.

Just thought i would give you some of my experiences of what i think would be the best destination for a Muslim couple. Or if your budget can stretch a little further then maybe next time you can go to Malaysia which is the best destination for a Muslim couple.

Whatever happens i hope you and your husband have the best trip inshallah.
Reply

Muhaba
12-28-2010, 02:07 PM
go to some place exotic, like an island. i don't like dubai for such a getaway. it's boring!
Reply

aadil77
12-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Dubai is boring and not as islamic as you'd think

I've heard alot about turkey nd morroco, I've heard a bit about muslim islands such as maldives and zanzibar
Reply

Muhaba
01-07-2011, 12:42 PM
i heard that bermuda islands were a good place.
Reply

noorseeker
01-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Inshallah i want to go Morroco this year

and maybe visit the nou camp and watch barcelona play lol
Reply

Muhaba
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm going to Turkey this year, insha-ALlah. I hear it is a nice place.
Reply

Woodrow
01-10-2011, 02:07 PM
:sl:

My favorite spot for vacation during any time is Fez Morocco. It is at the base of the Atlas mountains and protected from the siroccos that blow in from the desert. It is hot in the summer time, but the refreshing flowing springs are a comfort.

For in the USA my favorite vacation area is camping at Yellow Stone. Another good interesting spot is Yellow Knife in Yukon Territory, Canada. Yellow Knife only has comfortable weather in July and August. But it is a very interesting place. There is no night in Yellowknife during summer, the Sun does not set (yellowknife has 6 months of night and 6 months of day)

Some Quick Views:

FEZ


YellowKnife, Canada



Yellow Stone, USA (Mute your sound, has background music)
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!