/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Titles!

Beardo
12-15-2010, 02:39 AM
I just sent an email to the library supervisor... I'm not sure if she's married, so I said "Hey Miss/Mrs ____." Was that the right intro? :-x What do you do if you don't know their title?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ya.azad
12-15-2010, 02:47 AM
That'll be fine, she'll probably think it's even overconsiderate. Most people just use "Ms." if they don't know if the woman is married. "Miss" implies she's single and "Mrs." implies marriage.

Dagless
12-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Send her an email first to ask if she's married ;)

ya.azad
12-15-2010, 03:17 AM
^^ That works too :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
12-15-2010, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya.azad
That'll be fine, she'll probably think it's even overconsiderate. Most people just use "Ms." if they don't know if the woman is married. "Miss" implies she's single and "Mrs." implies marriage.
That's a good idea. Darn it. I should have sent the email after i posted this. :l

format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Send her an email first to ask if she's married ;)
Oh yeah. Certainly. She wouldn't think of me as a freak at all.
*note to self: never ask Dagless for advice*

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-15-2010, 03:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
I just sent an email to the library supervisor... I'm not sure if she's married, so I said "Hey Miss/Mrs ____." Was that the right intro? :-x What do you do if you don't know their title?
If you dont know whether a lady is married "Dear/hey-whatever- MISS <name>" would do fine and it is the right etiquette too. Because you wont like the person to feel offended lol (if you say an unmarried woman Missus) ;D

ya.azad
12-15-2010, 03:54 AM
"Dear Library lady"
works also. :)

Yanal
12-15-2010, 06:54 AM
I would use Ms. Not sure if it really matters though.

Ramadhan
12-15-2010, 08:10 AM
"Dear Ms." is the most correct use

~Raindrop~
12-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Dear Sir/Madam

works for everyone :P

aadil77
12-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Dear Sir/Madame

Innocent Soul
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
^ this is the best.

Whenever I see a funny or strange title of a thread ^o) I really think this is a thread made by brother Rashad (no offence) but it is always correct. Truth is sometimes bitter.

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-15-2010, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1

Whenever I see a funny or strange title of a thread ^o) I really think this is a thread made by brother Rashad (no offence) but it is always correct. Truth is sometimes bitter.
*rolls on floor laughing* ;D;D;D;D;D;D
There's a saying in urdu,
Shawl me joota lapat ke maarrai.
;D

Alpha Dude
12-15-2010, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Wa all think this. :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!