/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Pls

~Raindrop~
12-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Help!!
I wonder someone has disabled my account!

If its done intentionally then why I was not consulted before disabling my account?

Pls give me a chance to clear myself before I may be terminated as a MOD or Member.

Our members will speak for me, Inshallah :imsad:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
12-15-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm really sorry sis Aisha, I can't help it.... imsad.

I know you were a good MOD! :'(

Rafeeq
12-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Super Mods, help this young lady pls. It is really unjustice

aadil77
12-15-2010, 03:06 PM
lol the sis got TERMINATED

any reason why mods? did she get a chance to clear things up?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansariyah
12-15-2010, 03:09 PM
u got punk'd.
:p:

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I hope this is a cruel joke bc this is absurd she was the best MOD ever (no offense to any other MODS) :)

nature
12-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Why take away her access to the forum? she shud still allowed to be a member at least if not a mod ?

Alpha Dude
12-15-2010, 03:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
The fact that it's you saying this, casts doubt on her moderating ability.

Tilmeez
12-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Sis Aisha I have just checked your account and you should be able to post... I wonder why its showing "Account disabled"!

format_quote Originally Posted by Mila
I hope this is a cruel joke
I can't believe that! You have got a good imaginative mind Mashallah (No offence, Pls)

no offense to any other MODS
Subhanallah! She just joined the staff team a month or so days back and became "The Best".... Will you mind if we get offended by this?

Rafeeq
12-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Thanks Akhee Tilmeez on behalf of Ukhtee Aisha.

manaal
12-15-2010, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha
Help!!
I wonder someone has disabled my account!

If its done intentionally then why I was not consulted before disabling my account?

Pls give me a chance to clear myself before I may be terminated as a MOD or Member.

Our members will speak for me, Inshallah :imsad:
How's it that she could post this if her account was disabled? Is it possible that someone is hacking the site?

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tilmeez
I can't believe that! You have got a good imaginative mind Mashallah (No offence, Pls)
thnks....i think..

Subhanallah! She just joined the staff team a month or so days back and became "The Best".... Will you mind if we get offended by this?
Goodness I really hope I didnt offend you I think rather highly of her for certain reasons....and she doesnt delete my threads like crazy like someone *cough*..but anywho GREAT JOB to all the MODS and ADMINS you are appreciated :thumbs_up

أحمد
12-15-2010, 03:55 PM
:sl:

She's a new moderator, so naturally- it takes time to get used to anything. I don't think anyone starts off as "an expert", but do correct me if I'm wrong.

:wa:

~Raindrop~
12-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Jazzakallah, Akhee Tilmeez!
I can post, Alhamdolillah.

I still have my question unanswered: Why on earth my account was disabled and why it is still showing "Account Disabled"?

Edit:
I have lost my Moderator powers? imsad

Admins: PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS AND CORRECT THE PROBLEM!

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Help!!

Let me guess, you ate all the chicken and there is none left right? <_<

*Gives tissue*

On a serious note, how did you manage to post when your account has been disabled?

Alpha Dude
12-15-2010, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

She's a new moderator, so naturally- it takes time to get used to anything. I don't think anyone starts off as "an expert", but do correct me if I'm wrong.

Wa alaykum salam,

Yeah, I agree. It does take time to learn new things. Especially for women.

أحمد
12-15-2010, 04:27 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
how did you manage to post when your account has been disabled?
Interesting point; its "impossible" to post if an account is disabled, but there're probably specific restrictions placed, and the user caption changed.

I do see it as rather odd, that something isn't within the head administrators authority. At the same time, its better to trust, unless you have a reason not to.

Tilmeez
12-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I really hope I didnt offend you
Its OK sister, I was not offended at all but I wonder someone else may be in Red Suite may get offended and that will be very bad for you. Cause none of us can trace their cruelty and you won't be able to tell us the facts :X

GREAT JOB to all the MODS and ADMINS you are appreciated
How about Super Mods? :p They are also doing it quite well, don't they?

She's a new moderator, so naturally- it takes time to get used to anything.
I don't know but I'm also of the same opinion... Also I'm trying all the possible combinations to make my account disabled like she did but so far no clue :X

I have lost my Moderator powers?
I have just noticed that your Rep Power has gone down to Zero :p How do you feel, btw? I think its terrible... I once got locked out and could not post at all and then I posted in HelpDesk as a guest to let them know the actual situation :?

On a serious note, how did you manage to post when your account has been disabled?
I count either zAk or Rashad responsible for this mishap. They must have added something and may tested on poor sister Aisha and you can see the result. But I'm not sure... Her account seems perfectly olright from here.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bedouin
Yeah, I agree. It does take time to learn new things. Especially for women.
You are more experienced one around so far and I find no reason to disagree with you. But for some unknown reasons I hate the women part :X

there're probably specific restrictions placed
Yeah that sounds like more realistic.

I do see it as rather odd, that something isn't within the head administrators authority.
Head Admin? Man he is wearing Black of Limited Member! Admins are still trying to replace his user title to Limited Member which they can't to a member with 50 + posts. Its, I think, something technical which I can't understand... may be you can.

~Raindrop~
12-15-2010, 06:30 PM

Have all of the Admins gone to fishing or What?

PLEASE FIX IT! I have just noticed that I can't post outside this thread!

I can not quote or post a link! I wanted to share a YouTube video related to this situation...
(Anyone interested please search HOW TO COMMIT SUICIDE):X

I want my account restored and an explanation stating how it all took place and WHO is responsible for it!

أحمد
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM

I can not quote or post a link! I wanted to share a YouTube video related to this situation...

I want my account restored and an explanation stating how it all took place and WHO is responsible for it!

It appear's that someone is playing a prank of some sort, on your user account. Either that, or they've accidentaly tampered with it, when trying to make changes to a test account.

Tilmeez
12-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Either that, or they've accidentaly tampered with it, when trying to make changes to a test account.
We can not rule out the first reason but I will vote for this and again I will hold either Rashad or zAk responsible for this all (provided that above statement is true)

Sis Aisha please don't panic and wait until we have an Admin here to check / fix it for you.

Re.TiReD
12-15-2010, 07:00 PM
It's all part of your initiation I'm guessing :p enjoy ;D

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 07:32 PM

Patience! Something good will come out of this. :statisfie

lol How did that happen?

I wanted to share a YouTube video related to this situation...
How to make chicken?

Suicide? Sis, I know your account has been disabled but there is no need to commit suicide over it? :skeleton:

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 07:48 PM
How to make chicken?

ROFL

Anyone interested please search HOW TO COMMIT SUICIDE)
go back to youtube and search for deep breathing/relaxation video and chillax *big huggies* im sure someone will be able to help... soon inshallah
we are all here for you so just post here when you need something lol :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-15-2010, 09:14 PM
What is this? When you're banned, the point is that you stay off the forums, not come back and try to go around the rules. This is it.

Thread closed.

:p

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-15-2010, 09:26 PM
*types something* Well what do ya know, the thread is still opened :-\

Sistah Aisha i feel for you, ignore all the meanies they shud have had this "prank" tested on them and not you!

Mods please fix the sistahs problem whenever you have time insha`Allaah : D, and then she shall be able to access the other threads on this big forum you have here, and she will be happy saying Alhamdulilaah : D

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for your time in reading my post.

Tilmeez
12-15-2010, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muraad
What is this? When you're banned, the point is that you stay off the forums, not come back and try to go around the rules. This is it.

Thread closed.
I'm sorry for bypassing your decision as there is no official record / signs available for her ban. And this is the only place, as per her, where she can post ... we should allow her to come and check if her account is restored to its original or not.

Thread Reopened!

Sister Aisha, aka **** don't worry, I will get it fixed as soon as possible. I have already sent an email to zAk and requested him to check this as first thing in the morning, Inshallah. As He is a NAWAB of Dakan (not Dhakkan but Hyderabad Dakan) he comes to office late... till then be patient, Please.

Edit:

someone has added your other name to censor list :X :omg:

أحمد
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
*types something* Well what do ya know, the thread is still opened :-\

Sistah Aisha i feel for you, ignore all the meanies they shud have had this "prank" tested on them and not you!

Mods please fix the sistahs problem whenever you have time insha`Allaah : D, and then she shall be able to access the other threads on this big forum you have here, and she will be happy saying Alhamdulilaah : D

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for your time in reading my post.
The thread was closed, then reopened. Its appearing more of a reds prank now, than anything else.

أحمد
12-15-2010, 09:36 PM

I'm sorry for bypassing your decision as there is no official record / signs available for her ban. And this is the only place, as per her, where she can post ... we should allow her to come and check if her account is restored to its original or not.

Thread Reopened!

Sister Aisha, aka **** don't worry, I will get it fixed as soon as possible. I have already sent an email to zAk and requested him to check this as first thing in the morning, Inshallah. As He is a NAWAB of Dakan (not Dhakkan but Hyderabad Dakan) he comes to office late... till then be patient, Please.

Edit:

someone has added your other name to censor list :X :omg:
In such a case, a simple solution would be to merge the accounts. You have to be 100% certain, before making such an allegation.

Tilmeez
12-15-2010, 09:41 PM
In such a case, a simple solution would be to merge the accounts. You have to be 100% certain, before making such an allegation.
Its not an account akhee, its only a name :)

أحمد
12-15-2010, 09:44 PM

Its not an account akhee, its only a name :)
A name shouldn't be a problem at all. I don't see what the whole drama is all about. Whatever it is; as an Islamic forum, its only right to deal with it in an Islamic manner.

Woodrow
12-15-2010, 09:54 PM
I am innocent.

I was on my way to Fargo But only made it a little over 100 miles and the roads were too badly iced over to go further. Had to turn around and come back to this.

Heads are going to roll over this.

Now a joke is a joke. Sister Aisha you stop this nonsense immediately and get back to work. You realize this flagrant display of malingering is going to cost you 2 days pay.

Blasted newbie mods will do anything to get a day off work.

أحمد
12-15-2010, 09:55 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am innocent.

I was on my way to Fargo But only made it a little over 100 miles and the roads were too badly iced over to go further. Had to turn around and come back to this.

Heads are going to roll over this.

Now a joke is a joke. Sister Aisha you stop this nonsense immediately and get back to work. You realize this flagrant display of malingering is going to cost you 2 days pay.

Blasted newbie mods will do anything to get a day off work.
So, all was a prank?

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 09:57 PM
oh nos i thought Bro. Woodrow would be the voice of reasoning on this one......oh well dont worry Sis we will keep your name alive by posting randomn chicken recipes every now and again :( *sigh*

Beardo
12-15-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm really sorry sis Aisha, I can't help it.... imsad.

The fact that it's you saying this, casts doubt on her moderating ability.
I DIDN'T POST IT! >_< I've been zAk attAcked! D;

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-15-2010, 10:09 PM
But the sistah will be given her mod power back right?

However, i do not understand the prank, the part of the prank is that her account was disabled? and wasnt allowed to go on threads but not reply whilst being able to access the forum?

Hope everything is back to normal @ sistah Aisha.

GuestFellow
12-15-2010, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am innocent.

I believe you.

I DIDN'T POST IT!
I don't believe you. :X

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 10:13 PM
I told you this was a cruel joke!!....imagination *raspberry* (there should be an emoticon raspberring...can we get one of those?...ill look for it if possible)

oh yeah!!

~Raindrop~
12-15-2010, 10:27 PM

Playing with my parrots, feeling quite happy/peaceful and really not considering suicide....
I will wait for the Nawab of Dhakkan to come online and fix the problem. :X

Thank you my brothers and sisters for your support on this.
And pls avoid talking about chickens, PLEASE!

*off to eat chicken, humming happily*

Aishath
12-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Haha I went into my inbox and almost had a small panic when I realised sister Aisha's account was disabled. So glad to know you should be back online soon insha Allah!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-15-2010, 10:43 PM
So glad to know you should be back online soon insha Allah!
^ Don't bet on it :skeleton:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Playing with my parrots, feeling quite happy/peaceful and really not considering suicide....
I will wait for the Nawab of Dhakkan to come online and fix the problem. :X

Thank you my brothers and sisters for your support on this.

*off to eat chicken, humming happily*

Sis you sound different :-\, did one of your Parrots bite you by any chance aye?

Hope not, coz you absolutely love Chicken, you would never in a million years tell anyone to stop talking about Chicken ya uktee!

Something feels awkward and i am not sure for some reason :-\, coz like someone cant post a message when theyre not even here :-\, awkward indeed!

Insecured soul
12-15-2010, 11:01 PM
I have lost my Moderator powers?
give her.. her powers back,

this is a world of fighting for powers......

S.Belle
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Hope not, coz you absolutely love Chicken, you would never in a million years tell anyone to stop talking about Chicken ya uktee! Something feels awkward and i am not sure for some reason , coz like someone cant post a message when theyre not even here , awkward indeed!

hmmm i think you are on to something...
hey "Aisha" what type of chicken did you have for supper the other night theres only one right answer...

~Raindrop~
12-16-2010, 12:39 AM

Just to let everyone know that I DID NOT make those posts. Nor did I start this thread. Nor was I contemplating suicide.
This thread is hilarious.
Thanks for the support though everyone :statisfie

GuestFellow
12-16-2010, 01:13 AM

Yes, I will behave now. :X

~Raindrop~
12-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Talk all you like about chickens..seems my imposter doesn't like them, so all the more reason!

GuestFellow
12-16-2010, 01:22 AM
^ Then who wrote it? o_o

~Raindrop~
12-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Not me.......

Tilmeez
12-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Take a deep breath. Say Alhamdolillah, Smile and check your powers... they should be doubled by now :X

Just to let everyone know that I DID NOT make those posts.
What? None of them? :omg:

Talk all you like about chickens
I also like them :ermm: Yeah we should only talk about chickens... specially about those which are no more in this world imsad

Tilmeez
12-16-2010, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Whoever added that extra line will pay for it :ermm:Uncle Khadoos.
I am innocent! :X

أحمد
12-16-2010, 11:10 AM

I am innocent! :X
Too many innocents here, so who's guilty?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-16-2010, 01:13 PM
^The Mods! :-\

They is the only ones who has power around here :-\

Atlas we caught you! Mods mumble "If it werent for those meddling Kidz :cry:"

Kidz reply "Ah well, whats done is now done, it`ll teach you a lesson to deal with us members!"

Woaah what a mystery and finally solved and Alhamdulilaah!

:-\

Tilmeez
12-16-2010, 01:20 PM
Too many innocents here, so who's guilty?
None but zAk :ermm:

Kidz reply "Ah well, whats done is now done, it`ll teach you a lesson to deal with us members!"
Yeah that's zAk's way of teaching new things.

manaal
12-18-2010, 09:35 PM

First it was Rashad/Rasheedah and now this!

If it is true that this was a prank it means that mods have the power to change out account statuses and post under our user names and change our settings as well. This is clearly an abuse of power and it is downright UNETHICAL (YES, I AM SHOUTING!).

Frankly I'm surprised that everyone is taking this so lightly. Can we really be sure that the sisters' section is same from the meddling male mods/admins? Can we really trust anyone here?

I want replies.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 09:41 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal

If it is true that this was a prank it means that mods have the power to change out account statuses and post under our user names and change our settings as well. This is clearly an abuse of power and it is downright UNETHICAL (YES, I AM SHOUTING!).

Frankly I'm surprised that everyone is taking this so lightly. Can we really be sure that the sisters' section is same from the meddling male mods/admins? Can we really trust anyone here?

I want replies.
You've raised some good points, and you're right; its a clear abuse of authority. The prank was probably "funny" for the few in an authoritative position, but isn't something we can all "welcome".

And no, not everyone is taking this lightly; I previously posted here, that even if its not a prank- the matter should be dealt with in an Islamic manner. At the time, I wasn't sure if its a prank.

Ansariyah
12-18-2010, 09:43 PM
^ I feel the same, cause when u think about it like that..Its actually not funny at all

أحمد
12-18-2010, 09:47 PM

Can we really trust anyone here?
I trusted more, before I was introduced to this thread.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
^ I feel the same, cause when u think about it like that..Its actually not funny at all
That's why I asked, if there was a purpose behind such a prank. I'm still waiting to know.

manaal
12-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Plus, we all knopw that joking and having a good laugh is acceptable in Islam. But there are limits. A joke gone too far can hurt people and the person responsible for it can lose respect. Also, it is haraam to lie even as a joke. Insha Allah I shall say no more until the mods see our posts Bro Ahmed and Sis Yanoorah.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 10:00 PM

Plus, we all knopw that joking and having a good laugh is acceptable in Islam. But there are limits. A joke gone too far can hurt people and the person responsible for it can lose respect. Also, it is haraam to lie even as a joke. Insha Allah I shall say no more until the mods see our posts Bro Ahmed and Sis Yanoorah.
Yes, we can learn many examples of acceptable means of jokes- from the example of Rasoolullah :saws1: and the Sahaabah (RA).

Alpha Dude
12-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

How does Rashad/Rasheedah affect you or anyone other than Rashad?

It was a prank. Against Aisha. She did not mind it.

Yes, mods can post in member names. They can obviously change settings too.

Just by signing up on this forum, we members allow moderators to access many of our settings. They have the power to alter all settings and this is true for all forums. They can even see what our email addresses are. Mods, by value of their position, have power over us. So by default us members have to give some level of trust to those in charge.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by posts like yours who show such little confidence in the mods and jump to the worst conclusions.

As for your calls to say the prank was unethical abuse of power, that's just nonsense because the prank was against someone they know will take it lightly. If it was against some tightly wound person like yourself who they know would take it negatively, then THAT would be abuse. Not against someone who is a 'friend'.

By the way, have any posts ever been made in your name throughout your entire stay on this forum? No? Yeah, thought so.

The mods have never and will never inshaAllah abuse their power to inflict malicious harm on the members here.

You, as a member, simply cannot be sure of ANYTHING. Just like you cannot be sure the imam leading your salah did in fact perform wudhu! The fact is, you have no option but to trust those in charge of you.

Nobody here except Aisha is affected by this in any serious way. She clearly is not upset nor offended nor hurt.

Just relax and stop trying to be a goody two shoes.

If you don't trust the mods here, then go elsewhere - hopefully the FACELESS, RANDOM and TOTAL STRANGERS on that site will give you more reason to trust them than the FACELESS, RANDOM and TOTAL STRANGERS in charge here(!). :exhausted

أحمد
12-18-2010, 10:33 PM

Wa alaykum salam,

How does Rashad/Rasheedah affect you or anyone other than Rashad?

It was a prank. Against Aisha. She did not mind it.

Yes, mods can post in member names. They can obviously change settings too.

Just by signing up on this forum, we members allow moderators to access many of our settings. They have the power to alter all settings and this is true for all forums. They can even see what our email addresses are. Mods, by value of their position, have power over us. So by default us members have to give some level of trust to those in charge.

Frankly, I'm disgusted by posts like yours who show such little confidence in the mods and jump to the worst conclusions.

As for your calls to say the prank was unethical abuse of power, that's just nonsense because the prank was against someone they know will take it lightly. If it was against some tightly wound person like yourself who they know would take it negatively, then THAT would be abuse. Not against someone who is a 'friend'.

By the way, have any posts ever been made in your name throughout your entire stay on this forum? No? Yeah, thought so.

The mods have never and will never inshaAllah abuse their power to inflict malicious harm on the members here.

You, as a member, simply cannot be sure of ANYTHING. Just like you cannot be sure the imam leading your salah did in fact perform wudhu! The fact is, you have no option but to trust those in charge of you.

Nobody here except Aisha is affected by this in any serious way. She clearly is not upset nor offended nor hurt.

Just relax and stop trying to be a goody two shoes.

If you don't trust the mods here, then go elsewhere - hopefully the FACELESS, RANDOM and TOTAL STRANGERS on that site will give you more reason to trust them than the FACELESS, RANDOM and TOTAL STRANGERS in charge here(!). :exhausted
Before feeling "disgusted" at someone's feedback, and telling them to go elsewhere; its important to consider that although you may have been playing part of the prank, others weren't.

Alpha Dude
12-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Before feeling "disgusted" at someone's feedback, and telling them to go elsewhere; its important to consider that although you may have been playing part of the prank, others weren't.
NOW, she knows it was a prank - so what on Earth is she getting so bothered for? Knowing full well that such 'abuse of power' only happened as a joke? What gives her the right to jump to the worst of conclusions that she did?

I'm disgusted by her accusatory attitude and lack of husn al dhaan and to top it off, her arrogant shouting. Hence why I'm replying in kind to her.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 10:48 PM

NOW, she knows it was a prank - so what on Earth is she getting so bothered for? Knowing full well that such 'abuse of power' only happened as a joke? What gives her the right to jump to the worst of conclusions that she did?

I'm disgusted by her accusatory attitude and lack of husn al dhaan and to top it off, her arrogant shouting. Hence why I'm replying in kind to her.
Pranks have limits, and she's pointed out something, which is acceptable- from something which isn't.

I'm sure you know enough basics of Islam, to understand this point; maybe better than I do. If you still feel that, anyone who questions such a prank, shouldn't be on LI; by all means, I'm included in that list. If the staff agree with you; they can ban my account. They're welcome to do so, and I'm not objecting to it.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 10:55 PM

As for the comment about "strangers"; no, older member aren't much of strangers to me. Especially zAk; he's the only staff member I really know, as an old friend. And I know a former staff member Uthman, who is less active on forums. I have no trouble trusting those I know, and I respect Brother Woodrow; he's wiser than many on the board, and very intelligent, and has earned a place of much respect and trust.

I've even met a few members of LI; I can hardly agree that they're "faceless".

Alpha Dude
12-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Wa alaykum salam akhee,

If you still feel that, anyone who questions such a prank, shouldn't be on LI; by all means, I'm included in that list
Someone who questions such a prank for proper reasons without unnecessary accusations and without an arrogant tone, can do so as much as they want and I am sure the moderators will be kind enough to take their feedback into consideration with due attention and humility inshaAllah.

However, there is not how the sister behaved. Shouting and bringing in unnecessary accusations that cast doubt into the minds of other members about the moderators is hardly an appropriate means to approach this matter, not to mention devoid of tact and wisdom.

For what it is worth, the ONLY unfair thing on the members here is that you people were 'fooled' and misled. I'm sure the moderators will be kind enough to apologise for this, if this is what you people want. Although I will say pranks such as the one mentioned have in the past been a means of lightening the forum atmosphere and have always been appreciated by members and mods alike.

There is absolutely nothing new that has arisen from this prank that should affect you guys in any way, shape or form.

The sister's original post starts with a premise: 'mods have the power to change out account statuses and post under our user names and change our settings as well' and from this she comes to the conclusion: "This is clearly an abuse of power and it is downright UNETHICAL".

This does not even make sense. What she is saying here, is that just because mods have the ABILITY to do something unethical, they WILL in fact do it.

I mean big whoop? So the mods have power over us and can do things to our accounts. Isn't that already taken for granted?

She has absolutely NO reason to assume mods will abuse power, unless she in her mind already has mistrust for them.
As for the comment about "strangers"; no, older member aren't much of strangers to me. Especially zAk; he's the only staff member I really know, as an old friend. And I know a former staff member Uthman, who is less active on forums. I have no trouble trusting those I know, and I respect Brother Woodrow; he's wiser than many on the board, and very intelligent, and has earned a place of much respect and trust.

I've even met a few members of LI; I can hardly agree that they're "faceless".
I wasn't talking to you. I was referring to Manaal who seems to have trouble trusting the mods.

However, if you trust the mods as much as you say you do, then you shouldn't let a little prank get in the way of this trust.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 11:28 PM

Wa alaykum salam akhee,

Someone who questions such a prank for proper reasons without unnecessary accusations and without an arrogant tone, can do so as much as they want and I am sure the moderators will be kind enough to take their feedback into consideration with due attention and humility inshaAllah.

However, there is not how the sister behaved. Shouting and bringing in unnecessary accusations that cast doubt into the minds of other members about the moderators is hardly an appropriate means to approach this matter, not to mention devoid of tact and wisdom.

For what it is worth, the ONLY unfair thing on the members here is that you people were 'fooled' and misled. I'm sure the moderators will be kind enough to apologise for this, if this is what you people want. Although I will say pranks such as the one mentioned have in the past been a means of lightening the forum atmosphere and have always been appreciated by members and mods alike.

There is absolutely nothing new that has arisen from this prank that should affect you guys in any way, shape or form.

The sister's original post starts with a premise: 'mods have the power to change out account statuses and post under our user names and change our settings as well' and from this she comes to the conclusion: "This is clearly an abuse of power and it is downright UNETHICAL".

This does not even make sense. What she is saying here, is that just because mods have the ABILITY to do something unethical, they WILL in fact do it.

I mean big whoop? So the mods have power over us and can do things to our accounts. Isn't that already taken for granted?

She has absolutely NO reason to assume mods will abuse power, unless she in her mind already has mistrust for them.
I wasn't talking to you. I was referring to Manaal who seems to have trouble trusting the mods.

However, if you trust the mods as much as you say you do, then you shouldn't let a little prank get in the way of this trust.
I know the sister's post sounded a bit harsh, but looking at the nature of the situation; its uncommon to find people who enjoy being misled, and made fools of. There's no need for an apology, but those behind the prank should know that such behaviour isn't acceptable, no matter what position of authority is afforded to a person. We must all know our limits. The purpose of this forum, has been Da'wah; at least as I remember it, when it was relatively new.

Setting examples of something, where transgressing limits is seen as "acceptable"; isn't something we as Muslims should take lightly.

If she's not making sense, then nor am I. We're both talking about transgression of limits.

Alpha Dude
12-18-2010, 11:36 PM

We're both talking about transgression of limits.
I disagree. You both are talking different things.

Your argument is transgression of limits within pranks. I believe what you are saying is understandable and I can accept it.

Manal's argument is that mods are not worthy of trust, essentially because they have 'power' over us.

Anyway, I will leave it here. It's not really my place to comment to begin with.

I apologise for any misconduct in my tone here. Make dua for my guidance please.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 11:39 PM

FAQ: Guidelines includes this:

أحمد
12-18-2010, 11:44 PM

I disagree. You both are talking different things.

Your argument is transgression of limits within pranks. I believe what you are saying is understandable and I can accept it.

Manal's argument is that mods are not worthy of trust, essentially because they have 'power' over us.

Anyway, I will leave it here. It's not really my place to comment to begin with.

I apologise for any misconduct in my tone here. Make dua for my guidance please.
The sister clarified her point, in the following post.

~Raindrop~
12-18-2010, 11:51 PM
I would just like to say that the adab in this thread has been appalling. It is disconcerting to see respected senior members behaving so disrespectfully with each other.

Shaytan is an avowed enemy of ours and he will do anything in his ability to sow discord amongst us. May Allah protect us from his ploy, ameen.

We are all brothers and sisters at the end of the day. We should come to an amicable solution to this problem inshaAllah.

This prank has caused considerable upset as is evident by the feedback of members. Knowing the moderators who were behind the joke, I can attest that they would not have done this had it been known it would cause the level of trouble and offense that is has. It was a bit of light-hearted attempt to humour not only the mods, but the members too. Nothing more.

Let us move forward and put this issue behind us. I sincerely apologise on behalf of the staff and hope members will continue to trust in the judgement of the staff.

JazakAllah Khayr

Alpha Dude
12-18-2010, 11:53 PM
She didn't clarify her point. She added to it. Her main point is the first one that was made in this thread.

Moderators are expected to set a good example, yes but you guys are simply blowing this out of proportion. In essence, it was simply a (well intentioned) joke. If you must know, it was intended as part of 'initiation' against Aisha.

i. Aisha's account was banned.
ii. Posts were made in her account.

If you've been around for the last couple of years, actions similar to the above have been done many times in the past and all of those times, we have had APPRECIATION from the members (like I said, it was a means of bringing lightheartedness into the forum).

To be honest, you should just relax.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 11:57 PM

I would just like to say that the adab in this thread has been appalling. It is disconcerting to see respected senior members behaving so disrespectfully with each other.

Shaytan is an avowed enemy of ours and he will do anything in his ability to sow discord amongst us. May Allah protect us from his ploy, ameen.

We are all brothers and sisters at the end of the day. We should come to an amicable solution to this problem inshaAllah.

This prank has caused considerable upset as is evident by the feedback of members. Knowing the moderators who were behind the joke, I can attest that they would not have done this had it been known it would cause the level of trouble and offense that is has. It was a bit of light-hearted attempt to humour not only the mods, but the members too. Nothing more.

Let us move forward and put this issue behind us. I sincerely apologise on behalf of the staff and hope members will continue to trust in the judgement of the staff.

JazakAllah Khayr
The only solution is, for those behind it to learn a lesson, and not repeat such activities.

And no, its not required to apologise; the requirement is to try to set a good example.

أحمد
12-18-2010, 11:59 PM

She didn't clarify her point. She added to it. Her main point is the first one that was made in this thread.

Moderators are expected to set a good example, yes but you guys are simply blowing this out of proportion. In essence, it was simply a (well intentioned) joke. If you must know, it was intended as part of 'initiation' against Aisha.

i. Aisha's account was banned.
ii. Posts were made in her account.

If you've been around for the last couple of years, actions similar to the above have been done many times in the past and all of those times, we have had APPRECIATION from the members (like I said, it was a means of bringing lightheartedness into the forum).

To be honest, you should just relax.
Appreciation of human beings, doesn't make an action acceptable.

As for the sister's earlier post; it seemed more emotional, while the second was more clarification.

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Appreciation of human beings, doesn't make an action acceptable.
The only haram act here is where a lie has been told as part of joke. An easy mistake to make. Don't get confused, I'm not saying it's acceptable, just that of the sins committed daily by people, this one is often and easily 'overlooked'.

I'm sure you wish well for your brethren. Do make dua for the forgiveness of the mods and for their guidance.

As for the sister's earlier post; it seemed more emotional, while the second was more clarification.
Nope. It wasn't a clarification but an ADDITION. This is clear to see when you look at what she started the post with:

Plus, we all knopw that joking....
'Plus' meaning 'in addition'.

That aside, her great 'clarification' does not even correlate with ANYTHING she said in her earlier post.

for those behind it to learn a lesson, and not repeat such activities.
InshaAllah we can all learn a lesson from this.

Are you done? :)

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:15 AM

The only haram act here is where a lie has been told as part of joke. An easy mistake to make.

I'm sure you wish well for your brethren. Do make dua for the forgiveness of the mods and for their guidance. Don't get confused, I'm not saying it's acceptable, just that of the sins committed daily by people, this one is often overlooked. Perhaps the

Nope. It wasn't a clarification but an ADDITION. This is clear to see when you look at what she started the post with:

'Plus' meaning 'in addition'.

That aside, her great 'clarification' does not even correlate with ANYTHING she said in her earlier post.

InshaAllah we can all learn a lesson from this.

No matter, how you understand that post; the point of right and wrong is clear. I think we can agree upon that.

No.

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 12:19 AM
No.
What is it that you want?

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:22 AM

What is it that you want?
The question "Are you done?", isn't one which I'm in any position to answer. Such questions should be directed, to those responsible for the prank; that's not me.

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 12:28 AM
When I asked if you were done, that was my way of asking if you had more to complain about.

Looking at your previous post, you said this: 'the requirement is to try to set a good example'.

This is what you want. Fair enough. InshaAllah mods will do this.

Now let's all step back and put this episode behind us. Agree?

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:32 AM

When I asked if you were done, that was my way of asking if you had more to complain about.

Looking at your previous post, you said this: 'the requirement is to try to set a good example'.

This is what you want. Fair enough. InshaAllah mods will do this.

Now let's all step back and put this episode behind us. Agree?
Yes, I can agree to that. :inshallah others may also agree to it.

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Alhamdulilah.

Wa alaykum salam,

Aameen to your dua. I'm sorry sister Manal and brother Ahmed for my poor adab. I will request my posts to be deleted from this thread.

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:40 AM

Wa alaykum salam,

Aameen to your dua. I'm sorry sister Manal and brother Ahmed for my poor adab. I will request my posts to be deleted from this thread.
No need to delete posts; I think we've already got this "post deleting problem" on this forum. Posts always keep disappearing, but of course- that's a whole topic of its own. There's nothing to find offensive in your posts, so I see no reason for deleting them. The matter has been discussed and exhausted, to a point where we met at a point of understanding. I think its better keeping the posts, so that others can understand what's going on.

أحمد
12-19-2010, 12:46 AM

I'd like to request the moderators to stop deleting posts, unless absolutely necessary. Threads can be closed, if the topic is being derailed, or any problems occur. I'm sure you all know the rules, set in the FAQ, better than I do:

Moderator Guidelines

Moderators are in a position of authority on this forum and are expected to set a good example for others to follow.

1. Watch over their respective forum and ensure that people follow the Forum guidelines.
2. Move any posts that do not belong in the forum to the correct forum.
3. Ensure the forum is free malicious remarks

Moderators are expected not to:
1. Replace any text in someone's post unless it violates the forum rules.
2. Use the power to carry out any personal issues with others.

Moving Threads:
Any threads that do not belong in the forum, and are better suited somewhere else, can and should be moved.

Deleting Threads:
Threads should rarely if ever be deleted. They should instead be closed.

Closing Threads:
If a thread is getting out of hand with beef and after warnings doesn't look like it will get back on track.
If a thread has become a giant freepost.
If the thread is inappropriate.

Moderator Complaints
If people feel that they have been treated unjustly, or feel that a moderator is not doing his job or is abusing his power, they are encouraged to contact us.

Beardo
12-19-2010, 12:51 AM
^ I simply could not agree with you anymore! :D

Alpha Dude
12-19-2010, 12:56 AM
^ I simply could not agree with you anymore! :D
Now, ^ this guy, is simply a prime example of someone who deserves to be banned. Permanently. Via IP.

أحمد
12-19-2010, 01:04 AM

Now, ^ this guy, is simply a prime example of someone who deserves to be banned. Permanently. Via IP.
I'm another example; its rare (for some strange unknown reason) to find people speaking up to moderators, to read the FAQs.

When I joined in early 2005, it was difficult to find that a moderator has deleted someone's thread or post. Now however, it appears that moderators like to test their abilities more often. I understand that much has changed, but some things were better, before they changed. Now, the normal users are reminded to read the FAQs, when its evident that moderators are forgetting to read the guidelines themselves.

Ramadhan
12-19-2010, 07:56 AM
We have a separate section to test our abilities and so we don't do it out in the open.
There is another secret section?? :omg:

I wonder how many layers of secrecy there are in this forums that are unseen by us lowly members.

^o)

Can I have a peek?

;D

أحمد
12-19-2010, 10:41 AM

You were around when spamming was legal/promoted and I wasn't a mod then, so there was no power misuse. You should have stayed a bit more and you'd have loved it. To assure you, such pranks WILL be repeated from time to time, to create lightheartedness.

I am quite annoyed by the recent arguments here^.
The question here was about the pranks, and there you shifted to questioning moderators' actions publicly, remind yourself of some more forum rules. We have a separate section to test our abilities and so we don't do it out in the open.
My point wasn't for your annoyance, it was to remind people- of some obvious facts. I wrote it in reply to Bedouin's request for his posts to be deleted. Details are already given, in the moderator guidelines. If that no longer applies, then an update to it maybe necessary.

As for the pranks; the choice is yours- I and two others were merely pointing out the difference between right and wrong. By no means can we influence your decision, nor need to.

أحمد
12-19-2010, 10:43 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
There is another secret section?? :omg:

I wonder how many layers of secrecy there are in this forums that are unseen by us lowly members.

^o)

Can I have a peek?

;D
Its not unusual to have "secret" sections; we're in one at the moment, where non-Muslim members can't see our posts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!