/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Food purity???

Aishath
12-15-2010, 11:10 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

I cooked some food today and also left some chicken out in the kitchen today. Now my housemates drink a fair bit and I tend to stay away as much as possible when they do. They are not too bad cz they respect the fact that I don't and they are also fairly clean people. However (and this might sound really stupid), but what is the verdict on smelling alcohol accidentally? Sometimes if I have to leave the room I can smell it and I try not to breathe it in as much as possible but I can't help it.

Also, I left the food half covered but not fully since it was really hot and in a plastic container. Does the fact that alcohol was handled in the kitchen mean I shouldn't reheat the food and eat it or am I being really paranoid now? Just wondering in case of the smell and in case a drop of alcohol might have got on to my food.... There's nothing to suggest that a single drop of alcohol was accidentally poured into the food or dropped on the food cz like I said, a lot of it was covered anyway. Should I still suspect that there might have been some impurity?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Aishath
12-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Any responses guys? Should I just ignore these doubts? :S

Hamza Asadullah
12-17-2010, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Assalaamu alaykum,

I cooked some food today and also left some chicken out in the kitchen today. Now my housemates drink a fair bit and I tend to stay away as much as possible when they do. They are not too bad cz they respect the fact that I don't and they are also fairly clean people. However (and this might sound really stupid), but what is the verdict on smelling alcohol accidentally? Sometimes if I have to leave the room I can smell it and I try not to breathe it in as much as possible but I can't help it.

Also, I left the food half covered but not fully since it was really hot and in a plastic container. Does the fact that alcohol was handled in the kitchen mean I shouldn't reheat the food and eat it or am I being really paranoid now? Just wondering in case of the smell and in case a drop of alcohol might have got on to my food.... There's nothing to suggest that a single drop of alcohol was accidentally poured into the food or dropped on the food cz like I said, a lot of it was covered anyway. Should I still suspect that there might have been some impurity?
Asalaamu Alaikum, There is nothing wrong with accidentley smelling alcohol just try your best to keep away from it and it is far better for you as i have advised you before to move out and live somehwre where there will not be such haraam taking place in the premises. Also there is no need to suspect that any alcohol was dropped into your food without having any solid evidence. Just keep food covered from now on or if it is hot then leave it in your room or in a draw or cabinet.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!