/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe this!

muslimsister1
12-17-2010, 10:08 AM
:sl:

Hope you're all in good health by the grace of Almighty Allah SWT.... I live in Blackburn UK, this incident happened in 2003 and the outcome of it is disgraceful... at the time the driver was already disqualified and without insurance... please read....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ns_asylum_bid/

Also there is a petition on going to remove him from the UK..

http://www.ipetition
s.com/petition/juliu
s07/

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nature
12-17-2010, 10:30 AM

I saw this on the news yesterday. Im not suprised tbh, and then we wonder why people hate muslims ? I think here in the UK they are actually scared to do anything for fear of being called racists/against islam, etc, which is why we still have hate preachers, living amongst us. How would everyone feel if that was a muslim child ? I can see the anger escalating...if nothing gets done & i dont blame them.

Amoeba
12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm confused, it didn't say anywhere how he was going to be charged for the crime. Sure it said he was going to remain in the UK, but surely he'll get charged for manslaughter or something?

I know 'punishment' in the UK these days isn't really that much of a punishment, though. They even have entertainment in some prisons nowadays.

Zafran
12-17-2010, 11:57 AM
salaam

so why has he been allowed asylum???

peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
muslimsister1
12-17-2010, 12:12 PM

He has been granted stay on the bases that he has 2 kids and he has partner in UK.

RE: charges i dnt knw... der has been no mention of any charges or imprisonment... i mean on of the comments in the paper it does say that they should either deport him or imprison him.... so i dnt knw if he has or will be imprisoned at all.

GuestFellow
12-17-2010, 12:25 PM

This is a interesting and sad case. The asylum seeker was granted permission to stay in the UK probably due to recent events in Iraq. In Britain he killed a girl whilst driving but panicked and left her to die. Then later, he handed himself over to the police and served two months of a four-month jail term. I assume he has received a short sentence because he admitted guilt thus saving the police and the court's time, might have shown remorse and probably behaved well in prison. However, he was a coward and left the girl to die. These mitigating factors from the court's perspective outweighed the aggravating factors, and received a short sentence.

He was supposed to be deported but he has a family now, so according to UK/EU law, he has the right to enjoy family life.

The issue is, he has served his prison sentence and he cannot get punished again for the same offence. In 2006, he committed another offence which is probably why the UK Border Agency is assessing his case.

My facts might not be entirely correct but I was reading about this case during my studies.

Alpha Dude
12-17-2010, 12:27 PM
He spent 4 months in prison, I think.

Maryan0
12-17-2010, 04:29 PM
This is a very sad case but I dont see why people should hate Muslims because one man whose faith is Islam did a hit and run. (in reference to nature's comment). Inshallah the child's family gets justice. I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
Salam

aadil77
12-17-2010, 04:40 PM
he should get done for murder

GuestFellow
12-17-2010, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maryan0
I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
Salam

I think the public usually gets the impression that the UK laws are lenient. The real issue behind sentencing laws is they lack deterrence. However, the media does not present all the facts of the case, so we don't how the judge reached its decision to decide on a punishment. Also killing someone does not necessary mean it was murder.

~Raindrop~
12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Also killing someone does not necessary mean it was murder.
Isn't that twisted logic? Not only did he kill her, he left her there and legged it. Surely they should have passed a much tougher sentence at the time?
Not saying you're wrong, I just don't get how the judge was so lenient.

Rafeeq
12-17-2010, 06:13 PM
jusice is blind????????????????????:hmm:

GuestFellow
12-17-2010, 07:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Isn't that twisted logic? Not only did he kill her, he left her there and legged it.

Yes that is true, but I was not making a comment about Mohammad Ibrahim. I was making a comment about this:

I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs.
^ From the quote above, a man killed another man in a store. This does not mean it was murder. It could have been manslaughter.

Surely they should have passed a much tougher sentence at the time?
They could have, depending on the facts of the case.

Not saying you're wrong, I just don't get how the judge was so lenient.
I too think the UK criminal legal system is lenient, I mentioned before the current sentencing laws lack deterrence.

Following conviction, the Judge decides on sentencing. The man who killed the little girl admitted that he was guilty and might have shown remorse. This is why he might have got 4 months in prison...but serving only 2 months, probably because of good behaviour.

I don't agree how the case has been handled back in 2003. I think now he is in trouble for something else, probably the offence he committed in 2006, driving when he was not supposed to.

Perseveranze
12-17-2010, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rafeeq
jusice is blind????????????????????:hmm:
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Can you imagine if no one believed in religion or a God/Afterlife? This man(maybe) and many others know he might've got away with it in this life, but I'm sure he's certain to get the justifed judgement in the afterlife.

Without faith, this thing would happen far too often everywhere.

nature
12-20-2010, 09:40 AM

This is a very sad case but I dont see why people should hate Muslims because one man whose faith is Islam did a hit and run. (in reference to nature's comment). Inshallah the child's family gets justice. I think the U.K just has lenient laws I read somewhere that a man murdered another man in a grocery store and got less than 5 yrs and the perpetrator wasnt muslim.
What i ment was, that dont you think he got away scott free ? the UK laws are really leniant nowadays, & non muslim folk are hardly gona like some1 getting away with something like this ? I actually think the UK, are scared of prosecuting muslims, cos of the backlash they'll get. the kid was 12, he left her in the road to die ? how can a human do that to a child ? we dont know all the facts but at the end of the day, a child died, a child who he could have maybe saved.

format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
he should get done for murder
I agree, he left her & walked away. he obviously doesnt have a concious.

Muezzin
12-21-2010, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Can you imagine if no one believed in religion or a God/Afterlife? This man(maybe) and many others know he might've got away with it in this life, but I'm sure he's certain to get the justifed judgement in the afterlife.

Without faith, this thing would happen far too often everywhere.
I'm not entirely sure how faith makes someone a responsible driver.

I am very surprised the UK Border Agency allowed this man to stay in light of the conviction.

Watcher888
12-24-2010, 09:05 AM
If the guy is a muslim, shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied?

And shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied to all muslims who commit crimes?

After all it is claimed that sharia punishments, would end all crime!

In that seeing, a thief hopping around on 1 foot and waving 1 hand, would put people off from committing crimes.
Even non muslims apparently!

Althought in amereeka, the death penalty doesn't stop sickos and nutters from committing vile and henious crimes!

Asiyah3
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Watcher888

And shouldn't there be a call for sharia to be applied to all muslims who commit crimes?

In that seeing, a thief hopping around on 1 foot and waving 1 hand, would put people off from committing crimes.

Althought in amereeka, the death penalty doesn't stop sickos and nutters from committing vile and henious crimes!

Peace,

The UK isn't a Muslim country.

Woodrow
12-24-2010, 10:54 AM
There are 2 seperate issues here.

Each issue has to be handled separate as if each was a different person. The 2 cases can not be intermingled.

Issue one is his criminal behavior leaving a child to die. That is separate and needs to be handled as a crime and apparently was done so with a very lenient punishment that most people are dissatisfied with.

The question of deportation is a separate matter. No matter how despicable he may be, the issue is does he have a legal basis for being permitted to remain in the UK. Not a question of his morality or immorality. To deport him if he has a legal reason to remain, would jeopardize the right of all who have a legal reason to stay.

GuestFellow
12-24-2010, 12:11 PM
In case you have not realised, the UK has not implemented the Sharia.

Not end. It will reduce crime rate.

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There are 2 seperate issues here.

I'm glad you spotted that, not many people I have met have noticed that. The media failed to distinguish the two cases.

Zafran
12-27-2010, 12:54 AM

Not realy - the case is far more complicated then the newspapers made it out to be - the Guy alread had a stay in the UK (as he was marriad) and after running the girl over he ran back to the police station and admitted he did it. So its a complicated case.

Woodrow
12-27-2010, 01:39 AM
We all carried this too far off topic (Myself included). If we want to discuss Sharia Law, somebody start a new thread. Thread is now closed until I delete the off topic posts which I also contributed to.

Woodrow
12-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Thread is reopened, now let us all (Me Included) remember to keep it on topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!