/* */

PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 or Google Nexus S ?

Mr.President
12-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Assalamu alikum e1

I am lil confused here I think may be some smart phone guru can help me out
I am planing 2 buy a smart phone

which one is good Apple or Nexus S ?
I was going through a lot of articles in the web n found tht these two devices has the same
features

pls advice

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dagless
12-19-2010, 03:35 PM
I think the only way to tell is to try them both in a shop and see which one you prefer. I would choose the Nexus since I like Android :p The Iphone 4 (I assume that's the one you mean) will probably be more user friendly and look slightly nicer though.
What are the main things you will use the phone for?

Mr.President
12-19-2010, 03:42 PM
every thing Internet, VOIP, games .... every thing

I used one of my colleges Nexus 1 and an iPhone 3G S I din get any difference

I think both the phones are same
but what I wanna do is after buying the mobile I wanna tweak it maximum

like i did 2 my previous mobile k8ooi :P

Dagless
12-19-2010, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
every thing Internet, VOIP, games .... every thing

I used one of my colleges Nexus 1 and an iPhone 3G S I din get any difference

I think both the phones are same
but what I wanna do is after buying the mobile I wanna tweak it maximum

like i did 2 my previous mobile k8ooi :P
You SHOULD be able to tweak the Nexus more than the iphone. I say 'should' because the phone is not on general release yet so nobody knows. However, most android phones so far have been rooted by people (obviously you void your warranty if you do this). This means you have root access to the phone and can do pretty much anything. There are forums with custom roms (so you can run a tweaked version of the OS), custom apps (access to more things), etc. Games will be better on the iphone.
Do you like your 3GS? Can it run your apps at once? ie. voip, push email, and something else together?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mr.President
12-19-2010, 05:10 PM
what I feel is iPhones design is superb
but what about the OS ?

'Abd Al-Maajid
12-19-2010, 05:25 PM
It's more of an operating system choice here. Both of 'em have almost similar features. If you like Steve Jobs and Apple go for iPhone otherwise go for Nexus S. If I were you I'd buy Nexus S. Android all the way. Android was developed to smother Mac. :p

Dagless
12-19-2010, 05:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
what I feel is iPhones design is superb
but what about the OS ?
You have a 3GS so should know the limitations of the OS. No widgets, no browser flash, no running multiple apps, etc.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!