/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnation is really true?

languagemaniac
12-19-2010, 07:51 PM
I wonder how some people can remember past lives? reincarnation boggles my mind since it seems to be logical in terms of justice. Some people die at 20 years old whereas other ones can live up to 100. I m looking for answer for this question. Is there any islamic belief for this.? I found a hadith which says: the sons of infidel people will go to hell as Allah knows what to do in their lives if they lived.

And on the other hand, why almost all reincarnations incidents have occured in India and around it where reincarnation dominates ? For example, I live in Turkey but there are so so little reincarnation findings.

Finally I want to ask if animals or plants have souls or spirits? as reincarnation is true, naturally they must have souls.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ChargerCarl
12-21-2010, 03:04 AM
Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Nobody knows, but if I had to wager on it I'd say it isn't true.

جوري
12-21-2010, 03:08 AM
are there enough bodies for all those expired souls to enter into? more people are born than there are people who die.. and if we're to count animals that have lived a good life and come back as a poor Nubian boy in this life it would leave us with a mathematical conundrum..
Reincarnation isn't part of Islamic teachings.. justice isn't measured by the number of years one spends living..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Saad17
12-21-2010, 02:25 PM
I find this teaching to be quite possible and a little fun since according to lets say, Hinduism I believe it says that you were reincarnated into many different religions and in each religions you're mind justify it, like if I agree there is one God, after reincarnation I would find Hinduism to be the truth or Christ and yes it does sound like justice for baby who died at birth to be reincarnated for another chance of life.

However, even if Hinduism is true then you don't need to worry much about it because if I'm right about the teaching then you aren't even aware of how many times you have been reincarnated and also Paradise acts as a little break and Hell as a little punishment between each reincarnation. Also I believe the reincarnated could be fake since it is only sighted in India and not the rest of the world.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
12-23-2010, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saad17
I find this teaching to be quite possible and a little fun since according to lets say, Hinduism I believe it says that you were reincarnated into many different religions and in each religions you're mind justify it, like if I agree there is one God, after reincarnation I would find Hinduism to be the truth or Christ and yes it does sound like justice for baby who died at birth to be reincarnated for another chance of life.
That doesn't account for converts. Why would a baby being reincarnated be justice? As the sister pointed out - more people have died than are alive therefore it doesn't make sense even at a basic level.

IAmZamzam
12-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Of course it's not compatible with Islam. When we die we go into a sort of in-between state called "al-barzakh" until Judgment Day, when we are sent to heaven or to hell. The gap of time between al-barzakh and Judgment Day will seem like less than a day or even less than an hour, and during that time we'll be in the custody of the angels like a man awaiting trial. Where can reincarnation fit into all this?

Ramadhan
12-23-2010, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saad17
I find this teaching to be quite possible
As you state your religion as Islam, i would like to know how do you think that reincarnation is possible.
I'd like some evidence from the Qur'an and Hadiths please.

Thank you.

S.Belle
12-23-2010, 05:00 AM

As-Salamu `alaykum. I have a question concerning the concept of a past life or reincarnation as they call it. I believe in the afterlife as Islam states, but what about those people who have some “recollections” of past lives? How is that explained or why do they have those feelings?

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear sister in Islam, thanks a lot for your question, which reflects your care to have a sound belief and faith. Allah commands Muslims to refer to people of knowledge to become well acquainted with the teachings of Islam in all aspects of life.

Before addressing this question, it is essential to state that the Islamic approach to dealing with any issue relating to faith and practice is direct. Thus this invariably involves looking at what the Qur’an has to say, how this was understood and applied by the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) and the pious generations, who are considered our perennial role models in all matters of deen (religion).

According to the Qur’an and Sunnah, there is no reincarnation (tanasukh al-arwah), but there will be indeed resurrection (ba`th).

Those people who claim to have recollections of past lives — usually under hypnosis — may be hearing the whispers of jinn, even without their knowing it. In such an altered state of consciousness they would be more susceptible to such whispers and suggestions and then interpret them as their own memories.

Answering your question, Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi, former President of the Islamic Society of North America, states the following:

"Reincarnation (tanasukh) is an un-Islamic idea. It has no place in the Qur’an and Sunnah. In Islam we believe in resurrection, not reincarnation. Thus, there is no such thing as past lives according to Islam. Allah created us from nothing and gave us existence. We have only one life on this earth. After death we will be raised up again on the Day of Judgment. There is no return to this life before the Day of Judgment.

People have all kinds of imagination. Sometimes people imagine and dream things. That does not mean that this actually happened to them. Our mind works in so many different ways. The so-called recollections of lives before this life are nothing but hallucinations."

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: www.pakistanlink.com

If you are still in need of more information, don't hesitate to contact us.

Do keep in touch. May Allah guide us all to the straight path!

Read more: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...#ixzz18uJZUkGc

format_quote Originally Posted by languagemaniac
I found a hadith which says: the sons of infidel people will go to hell as Allah knows what to do in their lives if they lived.
can you please provide this Hadith

Arisempire
01-04-2011, 01:21 AM
Reincarnation sounds funny. Why someone should care if dies? If reincarnation is real, if you die, you reborn and so...
Why someone should care about justice and dignity and respect? If reincarnation is real, whatever you do, you will return to Earth.

With reincarnation the people would kill each others so bad, that would not survive anymore anybody. And will not be anymore possible the reincarnation. That's why reincarnation is absurd, because it goes in conflict with itself.

- Qatada -
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM
:salamext:

How does a mouse do good to become a 'level higher' in the reincarnation cycle?

Arisempire
01-04-2011, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
:salamext:

How does a mouse do good to become a 'level higher' in the reincarnation cycle?
He prays Vishnu for it.
:lol:

powerofdharma
01-21-2011, 04:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arisempire
Reincarnation sounds funny. Why someone should care if dies? If reincarnation is real, if you die, you reborn and so...
Why someone should care about justice and dignity and respect? If reincarnation is real, whatever you do, you will return to Earth.

With reincarnation the people would kill each others so bad, that would not survive anymore anybody. And will not be anymore possible the reincarnation. That's why reincarnation is absurd, because it goes in conflict with itself.
The concept of 'Re-incarnation' has been taken from Hinduism. It is not funny at all. Hindus believe in the 'law of karma' ( Karma means "deed" or "act" and more broadly names the universal principle of cause and effect, action and reaction, that governs all life.). A person gets the fruits of his deeds either in this birth or the next. A aperson who has committed bad deeds will have to face the consequence. Whereas, a sinless person goes back to the Godhead and merges in him. This is called Moksha.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!