/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To you, The lord of creation (إليك إله الخلق Elaika Ilah Al Khalq)

Danah
12-20-2010, 12:04 PM
“To you the Lord of creation, I raise my hope..”

Imam Shafi`i on his death-bed was asked by Al Muzni “What is your condition?”

Then Imam Shafi’ (رحمه الله) replied,

“I am journeying from this world, and departing from my brothers, drinking from the cup of death, and upon Allah, Exalted is His remembrance, arriving. And no! By Allah, I do not know if my soul is travelling towards Paradise or the Fire!”

Imam Shafi’ (رحمه الله) then began to cry profusely and recited the following;

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BintAbee
12-20-2010, 06:40 PM
:cry: Subhanallah! What words! May Allah have mercy on him and grant him al-Firdaws. Ameen. Jazakillah Khair sis Danah for sharing this and for the good translation. Barakallahu feeki :)

Danah
12-22-2010, 10:22 PM
The amazing thing in that Imam was even on his death-bed, his speech was full of wisdom and taqwa subhanAllah. May Allah have mercy on his soul

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!