/* */

PDA

View Full Version : N Koreans 'ready for sacred war'

GuestFellow
12-23-2010, 12:58 PM
:sl:

North Korea is ready for a "sacred war of justice" using the nuclear deterrent, its armed forces minister has said.

Share your views!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
12-23-2010, 10:01 PM
:sl:

I'm not sure why North Korea is upset about South Korea holding military exercises,it is not as though they have been attacked. On the other hand, is it really necessary for South Korea to carry out these military exercises? It seems pointless.

Woodrow
12-23-2010, 10:24 PM
We in the west have long forgotten that North and south Korea have been at war for over 60 years. They have been living under a cease fire agreement since the mid 1950s, but have been and still are at war. It has always been just a matter of time before either country felt strong enough to resume active fighting. Right now both seem to be testing the waters, so to speak, the show of backing down by either side will most likely result in an Invasion attempt.

Sadly if it does come to military might the innocents of both countries will be the people who suffer the most.

Thucydides1987
12-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I wish they'd just stop using these grand terms like "sacred war of justice". So cheesy, cliche, and undiplomatic.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
12-24-2010, 02:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Thucydides1987
I wish they'd just stop using these grand terms like "sacred war of justice". So cheesy, cliche, and undiplomatic
I am curious as to what kind of war that is diplomatic?

ChargerCarl
12-27-2010, 12:45 AM
I wouldn't be too alarmed. Cooler head will prevail in the end. The North Koreans may be strange but they are definitely not stupid.

Ramadhan
12-27-2010, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChargerCarl
I wouldn't be too alarmed. Cooler head will prevail in the end. The North Koreans may be strange but they are definitely not stupid.

Why is the US not attacking and invading north korea?

ChargerCarl
12-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Lots of reasons. Most obvious being that they have nuclear weapons.

Also its pretty much South Korea's call.

Woodrow
12-27-2010, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Why is the US not attacking and invading north korea?
For the reason of the DMZ. The US occupies a strip of land 151 miles long and 2 1/2 miles wide. That divides the 2 Koreas. If either country attempts to cross the line it will be seen as an act of war against the USA. Then action will be taken against which ever country crosses it.

Thucydides1987
12-30-2010, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
I am curious as to what kind of war that is diplomatic?
What i meant was that it was undiplomatic in the sense that it wasn't helping the situation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!