/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this gambling?

Aishath
12-23-2010, 03:08 PM
Assalaamu alaykum,

This might be a bit unfamiliar to those of you not in UK but if you are on O2 as a phone provider (pay as you go) and you top up your phone credit by over ten pounds you get a chance to play this online game. Basically once you top up, you are given this code and you can go on their website and enter in the code and win a prize. Prizes can be things like some extra free minutes to really big things like DVD players or even holidays (I think).

I was just wondering, this isn't gambling is it? It's just an extra added service this particular phone provider provides for pay as you go customers and it's not like me or my sister (as far as I know) keep topping up just for the sake of playing this online game. What do you think?

The website is: http://topupsurprises.o2.co.uk/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
12-27-2010, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aileen
Assalaamu alaykum,

This might be a bit unfamiliar to those of you not in UK but if you are on O2 as a phone provider (pay as you go) and you top up your phone credit by over ten pounds you get a chance to play this online game. Basically once you top up, you are given this code and you can go on their website and enter in the code and win a prize. Prizes can be things like some extra free minutes to really big things like DVD players or even holidays (I think).

I was just wondering, this isn't gambling is it? It's just an extra added service this particular phone provider provides for pay as you go customers and it's not like me or my sister (as far as I know) keep topping up just for the sake of playing this online game. What do you think?

The website is: http://topupsurprises.o2.co.uk/
Asalaamu Alaikum, if its an extra service then it cannot be gambling as it was provided to you as an addition to your purchase but if your intention of purchasing any item was to gamble then obviously that would be deemed as gambling.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!