/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Uttering one's intention?

abbas_ali
12-24-2010, 01:23 AM
Salaam all.

I have a question regarding uttering intention out, i know having read a guide by Ibn Baaz that reciting intention out aloud is a bid'ah and have also found proof from this fatwa http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/37841

However, i find that my whispering it to myself under my breath it kind of helps me reaffirm and consolidate what i am praying and reassures me.

Is this still an innovation or would this be allowed? Just to be clear i am not saying it aloud as in shouting or the tone of one's voice in a conversation but almost silently under my breath just moving my lips?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
12-24-2010, 06:50 PM
:sl:

Yes, it is permissible to pronounce the intention softly if it helps you to bring your concentration towards the Salah.

Mufti Ebrahim Desai says:
Niyyah (intention) is actually from the heart. It is not necessary to make a verbal intention before performing Salaat. However, if a person is in doubt and the verbal intention helps one to strengthen the intention in the heart, then one may make verbal intention before Salaat.

One should not regard verbal intention as necessary and a precondition for the validity of Salaat.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Ebrahim Desai

ardianto
12-26-2010, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abbas_ali
Salaam all.

I have a question regarding uttering intention out, i know having read a guide by Ibn Baaz that reciting intention out aloud is a bid'ah and have also found proof from this fatwa http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/37841
:sl:

I quote it from link in your post

During Ramadan we pray salat al-taraweeh, what is to be said in the beginning of the prayer. for example nawatu asalee lillah al atheem fe ta'at rubee al kareem rika'tein sinit........
Let me clarify. In some regions, muezin (not Imam) said that words out loud to inform jama'ah if Salah Taraweeh is ready to performed. So, the "function" of that word is same like Iqamah in other Salat-ul Jama'ah. And then Imam and Ma'moom are uttering Niah in their hearts (or whispering but not loud).

But I can't definite if this is bid'ah or not bid'ah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!