/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ibnus Sunni RA

Samiun
12-25-2010, 09:55 PM
:sl:, can anyone give me a biography of him? It seems really hard to find his bio at the internet. He's a narrator of hadeeth so I wanted to know more about him.

Also, anyone who knows Ibn Taymiyyah(rahimahullah) or any other Sheikh-Ul-Islam, please advise me if I should watch their bio on the internet or books thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
12-26-2010, 08:32 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
I dont know who ibnu sunni is, but i suggest you read books on ibn taymiyyahs biography (or any other islamic figure for that matter), from books.

Tawangar
12-26-2010, 04:25 PM
He is the Imam Al-Hafidh Al-Thiqah Abu Bakr Ahmed bin Muhammad bin Ishaaq bin Ibrahim bin Asbaat Al-Hashimee Al-Jafiree Ad-Dainoree, famously known as Ibnus-Sunni.
He was born around 280 AH. He travelled to various lands to seek knowledge.
From amongst his sheikhs were:
1.Abu Khalifah Al-Jamhi who is considered to be from amongst his major teachers and sheikhs.
2. Abu Abdur-Rahmãn An-Nasa`ee,
3. Abul-Qasim Al-Baghawi, and many others.

Ibnus-Sunni wrote many books including:
1. Amalul-Yawm wal-Lailah which is a book of remembrances and supplications from the Qur`an and the Sunnah,
2. Kitab-Fada'ail-A`maal,
3. As-Siratul-Al-Mustaqim.

The grandson of Imam Abu Bakr As-Sunni narrates on the authority of his uncle `Ali bin Ahmed bin Muhammad bin Ishaaq that: “My grandfather was writing Ahadith, he then put his ink pen inside the pipe of the inkwell, raised his hands and supplicated to Allah and then passed away.” He died at the end of the year 364 AH.
Refer to Siyar Aalamun-An-Nubala (16/255) and also Tadhkiratul-Huffadh (3/939), both by Imam Al-Dhahabi.

Hope that helps.

For Imam Ibn Taymiyya see the book by the Muhaddith `Umar ibn 'Ali al Bazzar called "The Virtues of Ibn Taymiyya". It is available for free download online. Search on google.

Wa salam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!